Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127273 times)

wml7

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2011, 09:55:51 am »
so this is what this boils down to?  people's perception of what is "good music" and what is not?  and if said person doesn't like said music, then the venue sucks dick?  pathetic.  shut the fuck up and listen to what you like and stop caring what others think.    

Good morning, kind sir.

though you think i should leave again . . . you're starting to grow on me.  i never knew you went to that trey show.  i had tickets, was very excited, and had to miss the show due to weather.  where i live, my road had barely been touched and our area was destroyed by the storm.  i bitched forever about them not canceling, but it would seem that i was one of the few who missed.  i still curl a lip into a sneer from missing that show.

this time around, i'm heading to c-ville to see trey.  i do like that venue, i love c-ville, and it takes the same amount of time to get there from here than it does to dc.

Charlottesville isn't that great, I know  ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:11 am »
so this is what this boils down to?  people's perception of what is "good music" and what is not?  and if said person doesn't like said music, then the venue sucks dick?  pathetic.  shut the fuck up and listen to what you like and stop caring what others think.    

Good morning, kind sir.

though you think i should leave again . . . you're starting to grow on me.  i never knew you went to that trey show.  i had tickets, was very excited, and had to miss the show due to weather.  where i live, my road had barely been touched and our area was destroyed by the storm.  i bitched forever about them not canceling, but it would seem that i was one of the few who missed.  i still curl a lip into a sneer from missing that show.

this time around, i'm heading to c-ville to see trey.  i do like that venue, i love c-ville, and it takes the same amount of time to get there from here than it does to dc.

After nine years at 17th and U and having the club stumbling distance, I now live in Silver Spring, so I'm hoping the Fillmore gets some decent acts.

Where do you live?

You'd be surprised how many Phish shows I've seen.   :o
Surprised Walkies didn't connect your handle to the similar one on PT. Then again, I have no idea if he spends much time on there.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:02 am »
Walky has given up on Phish and give them the stink eye, he is now a Widespread fan, or so I thought  ;D

Stillwater

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:47 pm »
J. Cole

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »
sometimes the powers of wml7 . . . are overwhelming.  nice.    ;D

and i only visit that phish board every so often to keep up with the me generation and this whole new computer contact revolution.  i never pay attention to names of posters, because i don't want to get that involved.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »

Good morning, kind sir.

After nine years at 17th and U and having the club stumbling distance, I now live in Silver Spring, so I'm hoping the Fillmore gets some decent acts.

Where do you live?

You'd be surprised how many Phish shows I've seen.   :o

i enjoy living in the country.  john denver wasn't a liar.  i live out in the wild frontiers of the beautiful, virginia shenandoah valley, sorta near a town called woodstock.  i think it is funny there is a woodstock, virginia.  i've been seeing phish since i think 1999, but i would have to get out the old tickets to figure out the number of shows i've seen.  and yes, i am slipping into the ways of widespread panic, and i know of the rift in the sea of hatred toward panic from phish fans . . . which i have never understood.  i never understand band hatred.  all artists should be praised even if you hate their art.

Yada

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2011, 09:24:14 am »
" i've been seeing phish since i think 1999"

gneub!!  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2011, 09:49:33 am »
yeah . . . i came into phish "late" after years of listening to nothing but the sex pistols, the dead kennedys, the dead milkmen, and jesus jones.  yeah, you know jesus jones rocks!

hemisphire

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2011, 11:54:56 am »
Ziggy Marley
Sunday, October 30
Tickets on sale Friday, August 26th at 10AM
$30.00 Ticket + US $8.00 Fees

hutch

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2011, 09:44:30 am »

9-21/9-22
Deadmau5

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2011, 09:58:00 am »
you know . . . i will say this about the whole deadmau5 vs daft punk thing.  mouse head seems to make himself more accessible to the fans than robot heads.  would the almighty daft punk play small clubs or allow fans to retool the look of your mascot?

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:25 am »

i enjoy living in the country.  john denver wasn't a liar. 

No.  He WAS!  "That John Denver's full of shit, man."

yeah . . . i came into phish "late" after years of listening to nothing but the sex pistols, the dead kennedys, the dead milkmen, and jesus jones.  yeah, you know jesus jones rocks!

They DID!  Can't you tell by now that "Welcome Back, Victoria/The Devil You Know" are my personal manifestos?

Brian

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »

9-21/9-22
Deadmau5

Source?  I can't find any mention in my usual spots...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:57 pm »
I thought the whole point of this venue was so we could all be blessed by shows like Noel Gallagher?   ::)
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2011, 07:47:51 am »
i thought it was to capitalize on a brand name . . . that used to be considered something special.