Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127284 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »
mekmad understood

you, hutch, need to go back to gaybonics school.

rich_WDC

« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2011, 06:35:39 pm »
The one-per rule doesn't make sense if it is just in regard to underaged drinkers.  Sure, a willing over-21 person can smuggle a whole beer to someone a no-drink wristband on the tight (if show is close to, over over, soldout) floor.  But....the ID check at door--including a magnetic stripe scanner that could retain ID info or interact with a marketing or law enforcement or county database --makes it somewhat difficult for under-21 to get booze.   
Yes, if there's-a-will-there's-a-way; the rule forbidding more than one drink is silly because it chops severely at liquor sales and satisfied customers while only barely attacking the issue of the underaged.

Anyone, btw, have comments on that ID-swiping device at the front door..... "100 % ID Check Mandatory"???

hutch

« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »
The one-per rule doesn't make sense if it is just in regard to underaged drinkers.  Sure, a willing over-21 person can smuggle a whole beer to someone a no-drink wristband on the tight (if show is close to, over over, soldout) floor.  But....the ID check at door--including a magnetic stripe scanner that could retain ID info or interact with a marketing or law enforcement or county database --makes it somewhat difficult for under-21 to get booze.   
Yes, if there's-a-will-there's-a-way; the rule forbidding more than one drink is silly because it chops severely at liquor sales and satisfied customers while only barely attacking the issue of the underaged.

Anyone, btw, have comments on that ID-swiping device at the front door..... "100 % ID Check Mandatory"???

The mandatory ID check with databases is a huge downer for me and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.. I mean I mentioned it after going to see Ziggy Marley.... .I don't have any issues with the law myself but I just don't like it...

I doubt I'll go to more than a very rare show there when a friend is inviting me or something...this alcohol policy is also lame...imagine you are there in the middle of the floor with a friend and you want a drink.. you'd both have to go or take turns going to the bar.. thats LAME... 

what is unclear about the ID check is if they would just turn you away or arrest you or what..

Mobius

« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2011, 11:09:01 pm »
Well you know its the FILLMORE so presumably that's the alcohol policy Bill Graham instituted in SF and NY back in the late 60s.  If you're going to perfectly recreate his vision you have to pay attention to details.

hutch

« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »
Well you know its the FILLMORE so presumably that's the alcohol policy Bill Graham instituted in SF and NY back in the late 60s.  If you're going to perfectly recreate his vision you have to pay attention to details.

ha ha thats funny! late 60s at fillmore at the dead show "we'll need to run a check of your id number against the database" NOBODY would have made it in the building!

ggw

« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2011, 10:33:32 am »
What happens if you try to attend a show without your ID?

Yada

« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:11 am »
What database do you speak of? Pretty sure they're scanning to check for fake ids like thousands of other bars.

hutch

« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:04 am »
What database do you speak of? Pretty sure they're scanning to check for fake ids like thousands of other bars.

i seem to recall they said they're checking against database.. at least for people in child support arrears for people in Mongomery County.. maybe more...

maybe i'm wrong.. i was too busy screamin'...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:57:35 am by hutch »

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:50 am »
They allow 2 beers per person when I was there...

I do not like when they go to check my ID that they're swiping my information and I don't know how it's being used/captured.  Why is this necessary?  I even asked the guy what if I don't want you swiping my ID he said I wouldn't be allowed in. Kinda seems a little too big brother to me.
3MTA3

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:29 am »

no.. they're checking against database.. at least for people in child support arrears for people in Mongomery County.. maybe more...

its a great precedent...

So does that give the MoCo Police something to do while they're standing outside? They certainly aren't enforcing people smoking up weed in the club...
3MTA3

hutch

« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:46 am »

no.. they're checking against database.. at least for people in child support arrears for people in Mongomery County.. maybe more...

its a great precedent...

So does that give the MoCo Police something to do while they're standing outside? They certainly aren't enforcing people smoking up weed in the club...

what do you mean? like arrest people? the people scanning were venue employees

its just too big brother for me... they don't even tell you what they're doing it for!

PERSONALLY i have a tough time being a part of that sort of stuff at a rock and roll show.. so i'll be going to very few shows..

bill graham is rolling in his grave.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:04:27 pm by hutch »

ggw

« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »

So Fillmore is 21+?

I thought it was all ages.

hutch

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2011, 12:16:50 pm »

So Fillmore is 21+?

I thought it was all ages.

it is all ages.. that is not what they are scanning for...

the crazy thing is they don't really tell you what they are scanning for

evilizac

« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2011, 12:31:03 pm »
I do not like when they go to check my ID that they're swiping my information and I don't know how it's being used/captured.  Why is this necessary?  I even asked the guy what if I don't want you swiping my ID he said I wouldn't be allowed in. Kinda seems a little too big brother to me.

... So much for those Rock en Espanol shows. . ?
just saying. . . 
For myself I don't want to be automatically turned into a market share demographic. . . for friends of mine. . . it's a point of paranoia. . .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:32:39 pm by evilizac »
WHAT?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2011, 12:35:24 pm »
I am assuming they are scanning to confirm what comes up on the stripe. They do this at Caddies and other Mont Co establishments. The magnetic stripes on the DLs contain birthdate, address, etc, not much else. I highly doubt they are scanning to check to see you are up to date on your child support.