Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127269 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »
they are scanning . . . because, once again, it is to stop those who exploit the system.  ids can be faked.  the information on those strips cannot.  and they have very limited information besides name and birthdate.  they don't have ssn numbers on them.

hate the way some artists are doing thier tickets now, blame scalpers.

hate the way bars have to attempt to stop minors now, blame kids.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:46:11 pm by walkonby »

ggw

« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2011, 12:57:43 pm »
they are scanning . . . because, once again, it is to stop those who exploit the system.  ids can be faked.  the information on those strips cannot.  and they have very limited information besides name and birthdate.  they don't have ssn numbers on them.

According to MindCage's post on the previous page, if you don't let them scan your ID you will be denied admission.  So it doesn't appear to be about stopping the use of fake IDs by underage patrons.

Sir HC

« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »

According to MindCage's post on the previous page, if you don't let them scan your ID you will be denied admission.  So it doesn't appear to be about stopping the use of fake IDs by underage patrons.

So what if I go there with my 2 year old niece?  She has no ID (well a passport, but who carries that around?), so I guess she can't get in.  I would assume that no ID, like the 930,no drinking, regardless of how old you look.  If they keep you out for that, that would be stupid (I have friends who don't bring IDs if they don't plan to drink and are not driving).

hutch

« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2011, 02:04:07 pm »

i think it has little to do with proving you are 21 because once inside when you order you have to show ID again... is it simply to prove you have a "valid" ID?

i think its just big brother.. what they are looking for i don't know..  i remember something about checking for people who owe child support in montgomery county...then again i was pretty buzzed....

honestly, some people apparently want going to a concert to be like going to the airport.. i don't. the "do the rabbit years" drill at the door is unacceptable to me. lets not mention having to do all these lines... its a friggin' hassle!

I could give a shit if a 20 year old drinks a beer or if someone without an ID does... What is it to me? I pay for my ticket and I have a valid ID so dont' harass ME.

mekmad

« Reply #274 on: November 21, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »
They allow 2 beers per person when I was there...

I do not like when they go to check my ID that they're swiping my information and I don't know how it's being used/captured.  Why is this necessary?  I even asked the guy what if I don't want you swiping my ID he said I wouldn't be allowed in. Kinda seems a little too big brother to me.

Maybe it was just this show that we only could get 1 beer.  Or it was an un-informed bar tender.  I hope thats the case because that was crazy, especially for a general admission show.  The sound wasn't that great either (couldn't really hear the snare drum), maybe I am spoiled by 930..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2011, 02:51:45 pm »

not following you... the scanning will definitely stop the use of fake IDs, since the fakes will be spotted at the door, confiscated, and the person who tried using it won't be admitted (or will have to use another ID, one the presumably shows that they are underage).  what am i missing here?

I could give a shit if a 20 year old drinks a beer or if someone without an ID does... What is it to me? I pay for my ticket and I have a valid ID so dont' harass ME.

the venue does give a shit if a 20-year-old drink a beer, because they could lose their license over it.   they're not harassing you more or less than the underaged would-be drinker.  you're treated the same.

if you're not a fan of their security/admission process, don't go there anymore.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2011, 02:52:36 pm »

not following you... the scanning will definitely stop the use of fake IDs, since the fakes will be spotted at the door, confiscated, and the person who tried using it won't be admitted (or will have to use another ID, one the presumably shows that they are underage).  what am i missing here?

the venue does give a shit if a 20-year-old drink a beer, because they could lose their license over it.   they're not harassing you more or less than the underaged would-be drinker.  you're treated the same.

if you're not a fan of their security/admission process, don't go there anymore.

always so pleasant

hutch

« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2011, 02:57:08 pm »
And I don't plan to go Sweetcell..unless I get on the guest list or something..or they get some miracle show which looks unlikely..

I vote with my wallet. I don't like it and I won't support it. End of story.

Some people like to be sheep.. I don't.

Bagley

« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2011, 03:03:47 pm »
Saw some people get caught smoking pot Saturday night. They were told to put it out and received xS on their hands thus shutting them off from more alcohol purchases.  No one got tossed, as far as i could tell

ggw

« Reply #279 on: November 21, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

If the goal is to stop the use of fake IDs, then the proper response to somebody who didn't show ID would be to mark them as underage. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:40 pm »
i'm glad i found this out before my shows in jan.

thanks gang.  oh . . . that's going to be good at the widespread show watching all those stoners being told they can't enter without an id.  somehow, i think this practice will not last long.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »
so who's going to Cheap Trick?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »
I am assuming they are scanning to confirm what comes up on the stripe. They do this at Caddies and other Mont Co establishments. The magnetic stripes on the DLs contain birthdate, address, etc, not much else. I highly doubt they are scanning to check to see you are up to date on your child support.

Seriously, bunch o' tin foil hat wearers round here. Bars scan ID's all accross Amurrrica.

Sir HC

« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2011, 06:00:28 pm »

From what I gather, some of these new fake Chinese licenses can fool most anything.  I can't imagine they can not put on the magnetic strip what should go there as they can fake the holograms.

hutch

« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »
the whole thing is confusing.. apparently you CAN get in but can't drink if you don't submit to their ID scan check...presumably you still need an ID to get in..