Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127256 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:52 am »
The curfew law can't be enacted soon enough.

ggw

« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2011, 11:55:51 am »
Curfews. Identification scans.

Silver Spring sounds like fun!

Yada

« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »

What size hat do you wear?

notme

« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »
does the fillmore have free apples?  can you take as many as you want?

hutch

« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2011, 04:45:45 pm »

you know what you can do with your tin foil hat, right?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
does the fillmore have free apples?  can you take as many as you want?

No, they don't.  hrmph.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2011, 05:25:08 pm »
I hear their cupcakes suck donkey balls.

Yada

« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »

Shove it up your ass?  :o

hutch

« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2011, 06:39:23 pm »

I'd like to see you try!  ;D

scanning IDs is really strange. No one yet on this thread has named one music venue in the greater DC area other than the Fillmore that does this yet we are asked to believe this is just the ordinary way of doing business?.. I've been to similar Live Nation venues elsewhere- long established ones- and they don't do it either.

Also, no one yet seems to know what they are actually doing... thats strange... "let  me just give you my ID to scan.. don't bother telling me why!"

The reason its of concern is not really because "they may just be checking to see the ID is valid" but because one doesn't even know what they are doing, what information if any they may be collecting on you, how they may use this info, and how they may extend the use of scanning your ids (in other words they may "start" with just checking to see if they are valid but where does it stop? We are talking about Live Nation Ticketmaster here.. .not exactly "America's friendliest corporation.."

I can't believe people are so cavalier about this.. its one thing when governments cow people into giving up their rights but a private business one is keeping in business?

Its outrageous and there is nothing tin foil-y about feeling that way.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:42:14 pm by hutch »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2011, 09:55:37 pm »
It might be to build a list of banned patrons. Just guessing but they might rescan the id of someone they're throwing out. When they return to the venue and their id is scanned, they're denied entry.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2011, 09:42:48 am »

I'd like to see you try!  ;D

scanning IDs is really strange. No one yet on this thread has named one music venue in the greater DC area other than the Fillmore that does this yet we are asked to believe this is just the ordinary way of doing business?.. I've been to similar Live Nation venues elsewhere- long established ones- and they don't do it either.

Also, no one yet seems to know what they are actually doing... thats strange... "let  me just give you my ID to scan.. don't bother telling me why!"

The reason its of concern is not really because "they may just be checking to see the ID is valid" but because one doesn't even know what they are doing, what information if any they may be collecting on you, how they may use this info, and how they may extend the use of scanning your ids (in other words they may "start" with just checking to see if they are valid but where does it stop? We are talking about Live Nation Ticketmaster here.. .not exactly "America's friendliest corporation.."

I can't believe people are so cavalier about this.. its one thing when governments cow people into giving up their rights but a private business one is keeping in business?

Its outrageous and there is nothing tin foil-y about feeling that way.

Screw the hat and just get yourself one of these...

Like I've said, I've had my ID scanned at numerous events over the years, this is not something that bothers me so much that I wouldn't want to attend a venue.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:33:30 am by Yada »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:04 am »
^^ prevent government balls-control rays.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2011, 10:48:33 am »
well the Fillmore is now getting some acts that traditionally played the 930...Flogging Molly, the Roots.... based on ticket prices it would seem that they are just willing to pay talent more and pass on higher ticket prices to the consumer...$54 for the roots for example..

In a way its a bummer but it seems that rather than lead to lower prices for the consumer through competition the FSS opening is going to lead to higher prices...

I guess on the plus side the FSS means more concert offerings in the DC area...

James Ford

« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:26 am »
Exactly as Seth predicted.

well the Fillmore is now getting some acts that traditionally played the 930...Flogging Molly, the Roots.... based on ticket prices it would seem that they are just willing to pay talent more and pass on higher ticket prices to the consumer...$54 for the roots for example..

In a way its a bummer but it seems that rather than lead to lower prices for the consumer through competition the FSS opening is going to lead to higher prices...

Yada

« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2011, 11:04:01 am »

One positive is it will keep bands from playing that dump DAR.