Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241383 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6540 on: March 07, 2016, 04:13:33 pm »
Two cases of Trillium IPAs at Cairo Liquor in Dupont, bottles for $20...

My guess is they'll be gone by the time you read this.

Awesome beer but questionable if it's even worth the price they charge at the brewery.

Yada

« Reply #6541 on: March 07, 2016, 04:19:51 pm »

Awesome beer but questionable if it's even worth the price they charge at the brewery.

Max you're paying is $12 for 25oz of most likely one of the best IPAs in the country... I'd say, "worth it." At least based off the last few bottles of Trillium I've had... Maybe it's over priced for some of their other offerings, but in general, what bombers can you buy for less than $9 that are better? I'm thinking the beer to price ratio of bombers doesn't positively impact the James Ford opinion on any beer that comes in bombers.

« Reply #6542 on: March 07, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »
Checking out Barrel of Monks Brewing in a few weeks when down in FL for some spring breakin for their You Only Turn One Once party

They just placed pretty well in a Florida Beer competition

We are back after a GREAT weekend over in Tampa for the Florida Brewers Guild Festival and Best Florida Beer. We are humbled and honored to receive three medals for our beers. Owen took Bronze in Barrel Aged, Dry Hopped Endless Enigma took Bronze in Belgian, and Quadraphonic Quad took Silver in Belgian

My cuz says the Quad is spectacular
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6543 on: March 07, 2016, 04:30:35 pm »

Max you're paying is $12 for 25oz of most likely one of the best IPAs in the country... I'd say, "worth it." At least based off the last few bottles of Trillium I've had... Maybe it's over priced for some of their other offerings, but in general, what bombers can you buy for less than $9 that are better? I'm thinking the beer to price ratio of bombers doesn't positively impact the James Ford opinion on any beer that comes in bombers.

48 cents an ounce is the equivalent of paying $34.56 for a six pack. That's hard for me to wrap my head around, no matter how good the IPA is. When I was at Trillium, I brought home two bottles as souvenirs, but if i lived in Boston, I couldn't see their beers being in my regular rotation.

The ironic thing is when I went to their tasting room in South Boston (back when they did free tastings), I took several of my coworkers with me and everyone except for me, my hophead friend, and one other guy who was just pleasantly surprised that the beer was free thought the IPA's were repulsive.

hutch

« Reply #6544 on: March 07, 2016, 04:38:01 pm »

48 cents an ounce is the equivalent of paying $34.56 for a six pack.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

« Reply #6545 on: March 07, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »

Max you're paying is $12 for 25oz
I'm confused, you said it was $20 a bottle
At $12 it's not terribly overpriced for a bomber (but pricey nonetheless) at $20 it's getting obnoxious price range
slack

Yada

« Reply #6546 on: March 07, 2016, 04:51:47 pm »

Max you're paying is $12 for 25oz
I'm confused, you said it was $20 a bottle
At $12 it's not terribly overpriced for a bomber (but pricey nonetheless) at $20 it's getting obnoxious price range

That's what you pay at the brewery, not what you pay when a liquor store in DC procures it and doubles the price of the bottle.

Space Freely

« Reply #6547 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:04 pm »

And at $20 a bomber, that's $57.60 a six pack.

hutch

« Reply #6548 on: March 07, 2016, 05:40:00 pm »

And at $20 a bomber, that's $57.60 a six pack.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #6549 on: March 07, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »

I would gladly pay an $8 convenience fee for a beer that typically retails for $12 considering that Trillium is a) one of the best breweries in New England, and b) you can only buy it at the brewery which is not exactly a stone's throw from here.

brennser

« Reply #6550 on: March 07, 2016, 06:06:47 pm »

I would gladly pay an $8 convenience fee for a beer that typically retails for $12 considering that Trillium is a) one of the best breweries in New England, and b) you can only buy it at the brewery which is not exactly a stone's throw from here.

Brett be like, yeah I'm a baller

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6551 on: March 07, 2016, 06:13:41 pm »
please remind me, how much are people willing to pay for cantillon?  and how much does that same bottle cost at the brewery?

if brett feels that trillium is an amazing brewery, then $8 isn't that bad a delivery fee.

does anyone know how fresh those bottles are?  certain dupont-area bottle shops are known to charge a bit premium for old white whales...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6552 on: March 07, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »
please remind me, how much are people willing to pay for cantillon?  and how much does that same bottle cost at the brewery?

if brett feels that trillium is an amazing brewery, then $8 isn't that bad a delivery fee.

does anyone know how fresh those bottles are?  certain dupont-area bottle shops are known to charge a bit premium for old white whales...

The one Cantillon bottle i had in Belgium ended up being a drain pour. But that's another story...

It was said on BA that the bottles were four days old.

« Reply #6553 on: March 08, 2016, 05:58:03 pm »
so who here was the big IPA fan....

If You Are A Fan Of IPA, Science Says You?re More Likely To Be A Psycho

What the researchers uncovered was that the more a person craved bitter flavors, the darker their personality.

slack

Yada

« Reply #6554 on: March 09, 2016, 10:23:15 am »
deece little porch bomb that arrived yesterday.