Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241439 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4560 on: May 19, 2014, 10:17:57 am »
I drank massive quantities of beer on Friday night with my intern.  Got home at 1:30 and wife was angry all weekend.  Don't remember the types of beer drunk and there might have been a shot of whiskey and teqila thrown in.
I think you meant to post this in the things smackie thinks you should know thread.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4561 on: May 19, 2014, 11:56:33 am »
3 Stars is finally releasing their first Illuminati bottles this week after the labeling issues.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4562 on: May 19, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »
in  a month or two i might be inheriting an Illuminati membership from a buddy who is moving away.  fingers crossed.
<sig>

« Reply #4563 on: May 19, 2014, 12:18:15 pm »
in  a month or two i might be inheriting an Illuminati membership from a buddy who is moving away.  fingers crossed.
Again, you know nothing of our organization, and if you did you wouldn't be posting about it. This isn't how any of this works.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4564 on: May 19, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »

Nice... hopefully they'll let him transfer it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Also, I was down at Yards Park on Friday night and Blue Jacket is now selling 750ml bottles of at least a dozen or so of their beers at reasonable prices, had a few tasty ones including their Mexican Radio and Twit.

James Ford

« Reply #4565 on: May 19, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »
I picked up two bottles of Twit to go after the game yesterday. Haven't tried it. Nor did I eat or drink at Arsemal (still haven't)

Nice... hopefully they'll let him transfer it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Also, I was down at Yards Park on Friday night and Blue Jacket is now selling 750ml bottles of at least a dozen or so of their beers at reasonable prices, had a few tasty ones including their Mexican Radio and Twit.

James Ford

« Reply #4566 on: May 19, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »
We did eat at Matchbox, where the highest priced beer on the menu was the 3 Stars Lemon Saison. For $8. (by comparison, an Ommegang Rare Vos was $6, a Flying Dog Raging Bitch was $5, Two Hearted was $6).

We asked about serving sizes, and the server told us "I think everything is in pints, except the 3 Stars".

Wow, local beer which is more than twice the price of out of town beers. 3 Stars must really be amazing.

3 Stars is finally releasing their first Illuminati bottles this week after the labeling issues.

Yada

« Reply #4567 on: May 19, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »
We did eat at Matchbox, where the highest priced beer on the menu was the 3 Stars Lemon Saison. For $8. (by comparison, an Ommegang Rare Vos was $6, a Flying Dog Raging Bitch was $5, Two Hearted was $6).

We asked about serving sizes, and the server told us "I think everything is in pints, except the 3 Stars".

Wow, local beer which is more than twice the price of out of town beers. 3 Stars must really be amazing.

James Ford

« Reply #4568 on: May 19, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »
I'm not sure what the chick from Girls has to do with a mediocre local brewery.

Yada

« Reply #4569 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:52 pm »
Lena is so brave.

« Reply #4570 on: May 19, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »

Im sure it'll involve unexplainable nudity. She probably spills beer on herself and decides to do the rest of her visit nude.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4571 on: May 19, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »

Just because you're cheap doesn't make it a mediocre brewery by the way. I'd argue that its' the best in DC. I see sixers of DC Brau for upwards of $14 a six pack in some places around the city/MD. 

Also, from what I've read, 3 Stars handles all distribution on their own which may add that extra dollar or two at whatever already overpriced bar is serving pints.

James Ford

« Reply #4572 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:08 pm »
And women the world over will feel empowered because of it.

Im sure it'll involve unexplainable nudity. She probably spills beer on herself and decides to do the rest of her visit nude.

James Ford

« Reply #4573 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »
I can get better beer for cheaper. That doesn't make me cheap, it makes me smart. Every dollar saved on a beer is a dollar more in the college fund.

Just because you're cheap doesn't make it a mediocre brewery by the way. I'd argue that its' the best in DC. I see sixers of DC Brau for upwards of $14 a six pack in some places around the city/MD. 

Also, from what I've read, 3 Stars handles all distribution on their own which may add that extra dollar or two at whatever already overpriced bar is serving pints.

James Ford

« Reply #4574 on: May 19, 2014, 02:39:44 pm »
"Best brewery in DC".

LOL, that's like saying "So and so is the best politician in DC."