Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241501 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5235 on: February 11, 2015, 02:32:56 pm »
Let me know if your friend wants to go on this task again so I can get in on the action
 ;D

I wish. Going somewhere else this summer, unfortunately.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5236 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:01 pm »
I had to bribe someone to do it and they ended up chasing the HT   truck from store to store due to purchase limits.

20 cans cost me $100. Worth every penny.
seriously...can't be that good

Two things...

If only James Ford were here to criticize this purchase by StoneTheCrow, this would lead to epic posts.

Secondly, it really is worth it. How is paying $5 a can for 16oz of one of the best beers in the world not worth it? You pay $8 a bottle for shchwill at say, the 930 club.

Actually.. three things. The going rate is basically $3 a can from the brewery, so it's not like he paid all that much  more. Don't knock it until you try it, brah.

do you happen to have a refined palate that excels in tasting rarity and hype?

Yada

« Reply #5237 on: February 11, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »
I had to bribe someone to do it and they ended up chasing the HT   truck from store to store due to purchase limits.

20 cans cost me $100. Worth every penny.
seriously...can't be that good

Two things...

If only James Ford were here to criticize this purchase by StoneTheCrow, this would lead to epic posts.

Secondly, it really is worth it. How is paying $5 a can for 16oz of one of the best beers in the world not worth it? You pay $8 a bottle for shchwill at say, the 930 club.

Actually.. three things. The going rate is basically $3 a can from the brewery, so it's not like he paid all that much  more. Don't knock it until you try it, brah.

I do not. Do you?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5238 on: February 11, 2015, 04:03:31 pm »
I'm sorry, was someone looking for me? I was in my walk-in humidor.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #5239 on: February 11, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »
sure seems like you do.

HT is an IPA.  IPAs are best fresh.  HT is canned and distributed fresh better than most IPAs, but it's just an IPA.  meaning there's a ton of hops in it.  that's it.  

there's dozens of beers just as good regularly on the shelves just as good as HT, so long as they are fresh.  HT seems to have a longer "fresh" taste, presumably because it's canned and suggested to drink out of can, giving you a better taste perception of those glorious hops. they use a house yeast strain that amplifies the hop profile, but so do so many other breweries.  

there's no denying its a great beer, but really, the fact that you guys make treks up to VT like it's some sort of beacon of hope, crafting a niche in brewing that requires the utmost appreciation, that $5 cans of IPA is "worth it", that  a beer could be the best in the world... c'mon.

on a related note, if anyone wants to send me $100 + shipping, i'll send them 20 cans of IPA in a heartbeat.  just let me know.

Yada

« Reply #5240 on: February 11, 2015, 04:15:08 pm »
sure seems like you do.

HT is an IPA.  IPAs are best fresh.  HT is canned and distributed fresh better than most IPAs, but it's just an IPA.  meaning there's a ton of hops in it.  that's it.  

there's dozens of beers just as good regularly on the shelves just as good as HT, so long as they are fresh.  HT seems to have a longer "fresh" taste, presumably because it's canned and suggested to drink out of can, giving you a better taste perception of those glorious hops. they use a house yeast strain that amplifies the hop profile, but so do so many other breweries.  

there's no denying its a great beer, but really, the fact that you guys make treks up to VT like it's some sort of beacon of hope, crafting a niche in brewing that requires the utmost appreciation, that $5 cans of IPA is "worth it", that  a beer could be the best in the world... c'mon.

on a related note, if anyone wants to send me $100 + shipping, i'll send them 20 cans of IPA in a heartbeat.  just let me know.

Thanks for the rather lengthy explanation that I'm well aware of and thanks for the assumptions you made about me that are completely incorrect.

Carry on, wizzle.

« Reply #5241 on: February 11, 2015, 04:16:38 pm »
Carry on, wizzle.
Son, the man's name is Carlos Spicyweiner. If you want to argue with him about beer, that's all fine and good, but you will respect the moniker. I will not countenance otherwise.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #5242 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »

speaking of JF, i accidentally ran into him on the BA forum. he was asking whether or not his child would be allowed into certain seattle beer establishments. seems like he's doing just fine post 930 days.

« Reply #5243 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:40 pm »
seems like he's doing just fine post 930 days.
Great to hear. Lets never let him back.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #5244 on: February 11, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »
sure seems like you do.

Thanks for the rather lengthy explanation that I'm well aware of and thanks for the assumptions you made about me that are completely incorrect.

Carry on, wizzle.

u mad bro

Yada

« Reply #5245 on: February 11, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »
sure seems like you do.

Carry on, wizzle.

u mad bro

Not as mad as ewe... you're the one that seemed pretty mad about someone spending $100 on a case of Heady.

Link to JF's thread on BA (both for entertainment purposes and I'm taking a trip there in September and wouldn't mind the same advice).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:25:04 pm by Yada »

stevewizzle

« Reply #5246 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:18 pm »
just hit up the PNW board beforehand, there's always a running visiting seattle guide and it usually includes a list of age-restricted places. lucky for you, fremont and reubens is all-ages.  i'd show you around, but i'm not sure any of the places i frequent have the rare and hyped beer you normally seek out :P

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/toronado-seattle.177649/page-6

stevewizzle

« Reply #5247 on: February 11, 2015, 04:31:19 pm »
oh shit, actually, when in september?

fresh hop fest usually happens the third or fourth week in september.  that shit will get you on board with what i'm talking about.

Yada

« Reply #5248 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:24 pm »
just hit up the PNW board beforehand, there's always a running visiting seattle guide and it usually includes a list of age-restricted places. lucky for you, fremont and reubens is all-ages.  i'd show you around, but i'm not sure any of the places i frequent have the rare and hyped beer you normally seek out :P

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/toronado-seattle.177649/page-6

Wizzle, I know we've never had the pleasure of meeting, but I'd bet out of this little 930 club board clique of beer drinkers, I have the least snobbiest tendencies.

Thanks for the link.

stevewizzle

« Reply #5249 on: February 11, 2015, 04:33:04 pm »
seems like he's doing just fine post 930 days.
Great to hear. Lets never let him back.

what if we allowed him only to post in the beer forum and the thread atomic made for him about asking him financial advice?