Author Topic: 2022 - dems in disarray thread  (Read 101417 times)

Re: 2022 - dems in disarray thread
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2022, 11:11:38 am »
Of course man, once you apologize for saying why is Biden wasting time in Michigan when he could be in Ohio and Florida (we lost those by 15-20 points).
So did that really move the dial in MI??  I mean really...did it do anything?
BTW I was talking about Obama, Biden doesn't get anyone excited

I admitted poor judgment on FL and TX already.  last FL for Gov was so freaking close.  but Sorry Charlie...what a horrible idea for a candidate. I'm still having trouble accepting that FL is pretty much Red.  I spent over 40 years in south east FL, so I keep thinking that's how the state thinks, when that's the minority

And I will wait til all the results are in thank you very much.
wise choice.  but figure I could do a small victory lap based on what we know

I just think that losing the house is going to be a shitshow and all we are going to hear about is HUNTER BIDEN and how the US is going to crumble because hunter is such a powerful person and controls everything from his laptop
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:14:17 am by SoldMyPoll4RnR ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2022, 11:29:50 am »
It’s so hard to tell why people vote the way they do….

But the results seem better than I anticipated…

Doesn’t mean focusing more on the economy and less on Trump/abortion wouldn’t have led to better results. It’s just happened and we are still counting.

« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2022, 11:51:42 am »
still some votes to count, but people are starting to claim that Lauren Boebert isn't going to win!

this was also interesting...I hope lake loses
@atrupar
Katie Hobbs took a lot of shit for not debating Kari Lake. The conventional wisdom may have been wrong on that one.

I think hutch would have said the same about Fetterman (and looking back, I think it would have been a smarter choice)

also feels good to see Sarah Palin losing in AK

whoa...he is definately running in 2024.  this could be the cleaving of the GOP I have fortold for 6 years, but has yet to happen
DeSantis outperformed Trump’s 2020 vote across the entire state, even winning Miami-Dade County with a whopping R+11 margin
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:04:46 pm by SoldMyPoll4RnR ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2022, 12:13:11 pm »
Damn, why do dems keep putting losers in charge of their orgs

New York: Sean Patrick Maloney, the chair of the DCCC, has conceded his race
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2022, 12:17:28 pm »
DeSantis gerrymandered the hell out of FL so that is a reason why he may have performed so well.  He's a fuck-face like Trump and that is a fucked up state so no surprise in the outcome.  I hope they both beat each other to a bloody pulp the next 2 years.

still some votes to count, but people are starting to claim that Lauren Boebert isn't going to win!

this was also interesting...I hope lake loses
@atrupar
Katie Hobbs took a lot of shit for not debating Kari Lake. The conventional wisdom may have been wrong on that one.

I think hutch would have said the same about Fetterman (and looking back, I think it would have been a smarter choice)

also feels good to see Sarah Palin losing in AK

whoa...he is definately running in 2024.  this could be the cleaving of the GOP I have fortold for 6 years, but has yet to happen
DeSantis outperformed Trump’s 2020 vote across the entire state, even winning Miami-Dade County with a whopping R+11 margin

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2022, 12:18:39 pm »
I see a lot of contradictory info here. LOTS of Dems wishcasting. NYT county breakdown of the remaining votes would seem favorable to the Dem but their model seems to think there's a block of Boebert votes in one county, despite the counted votes (which should be day-of) there already being favorable to the Dem. Seems like a lot of confusion about what is left outstanding in Pueblo, a town I actually have been to like 10 times as a kid when I lived in Colorado. (All politics are local when you're Julian.)

Trump's vanity candidates lost PA and likely cost the GOP a Georgia senate seat for a third time. I've never thought DeSantis had a real path to the nomination if trump decided he wanted to run again, but yesterday was VERY bad for Trump. (He gets no credit for endorsing people like Vance where any GOPer was going to win the seat no matter what.) Florida is the ONE bright spot for GOP yesterday. (They did OK in NY too.)
LVMH

« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2022, 12:27:25 pm »
ahh the dems with the wishcasting.  I think it's a requirement for entry, I know I do a whole lot of it
slack

« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2022, 01:09:06 pm »
Newswire has called Boeberts defeat. I’d wait to pop the champagne until a larger org does but put the champagne on ice.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2022, 01:13:45 pm »
yesterday was VERY bad for Trump

Former President Donald Trump "is livid” and “screaming at everyone” after last night’s disappointing GOP results in the midterms, a Trump adviser who has been in contact with Trump’s inner circle tells CNN.

“Candidates matter,” the Trump adviser said. “They were all bad candidates,” the adviser continued, critiquing many of Trump’s handpicked contenders in key battleground states.

This adviser said it’s unlikely Trump would delay his expected presidential announcement because “it’s too humiliating to delay.” But the adviser said there are too many unknowns at this point.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2022, 01:30:27 pm »
“Candidates matter,” the Trump adviser said. “They were all bad candidates,” the adviser continued, critiquing many of Trump’s handpicked contenders in key battleground states.

Trump clones minus the messianic auras equal unelectable buffoons.
😐 🎶

« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2022, 01:51:01 pm »
Nate Silver is saying his current best guess is GOP 220-Dems 215. While I never want to see the Dems lose the house, trying to see the GOP form a quorum will be hilarious if that's the margin. Not sure McCarthy can win Speaker at that.

Do the Dems pull 2-3 moderate GOPers to not support the GOP Speaker leader-in-the-clubhouse in exchange for a united Democratic House block voting for . . . Liz Cheney, Speaker of the House? *gets the vapors*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:56:54 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2022, 02:03:10 pm »
Wisconsin legislative bodies or perhaps the most gerrymandered in the entire country. Super majorities for Republicans in both despite more votes going to Democratic candidate statewide.
I need to correct this. They have fallen JUST short of supermajorities in Wisconsin.
LVMH

« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2022, 02:35:31 pm »
yesterday was VERY bad for Trump

Former President Donald Trump "is livid” and “screaming at everyone” after last night’s disappointing GOP results in the midterms, a Trump adviser who has been in contact with Trump’s inner circle tells CNN.

This adviser said it’s unlikely Trump would delay his expected presidential announcement because “it’s too humiliating to delay.” But the adviser said there are too many unknowns at this point.

Narrator: shortly after this interaction, this advisor was no longer employed by the trump org
slack

« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2022, 02:46:57 pm »
God, had the Dems not screwed the pooch in NY -- of all places -- retaining the House would legitimately be in play.
LVMH

« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2022, 02:51:19 pm »
so if we want the senate, are we all sending money into Warnock's run off

is it only one month this time?
slack