Author Topic: Club's 30th anniversary?  (Read 199686 times)

Hoodrat

Re: Club's 30th anniversary?
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:29 pm »
Not I.   Fearing I may have missed out again.  *sigh*  I'm trying to figure the wisdom of spending memorial day waiting in line.  hmmmmmm . . .

Sir HC

« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:29 pm »
Bring a grill and have a cookout while in line.

eltee

« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »
the club has a capacity of 1,200 in case that helps you decide what that "small number" might be. 
selfishly, I was hoping to be able to roam...maybe not as much room as at the 25th anniv., but you know, enough to move about comfortably. It is a party after all. ;)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2010, 02:10:08 pm »
Bring a grill and have a cookout while in line.

gaddam that's a brilliant idea.  i have tickets, but i'd show up early just to grill and hang out.  i have no other plans on monday, i'd be quite happy to make the 30th anniversary party an all-day event.  too bad having a beer on the sidewalk would be severely frowned upon.  come to think of it - how legal is it to set up a grill on a public sidewalk??

the club has a capacity of 1,200 in case that helps you decide what that "small number" might be. 
selfishly, I was hoping to be able to roam...maybe not as much room as at the 25th anniv., but you know, enough to move about comfortably. It is a party after all. ;)

i'm with you on that, but i suspect the club will be filled to its legal capacity.  it's only fair that as many folks as possible have a chance to get in on the fun.  the club will be emptier during the early hours of this event, so do your roamin' then :)
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2010, 02:18:20 pm »
to be honest, I was surprised you had not asked if it was possible to oversell a free show. ;)

yeah, i was figuring that it might still be a roaming type of event, since not all want to see every performer. Or is that just me? ;) And, some people may just be stopping by for the party aspect?
Hoping there's a line up provided though, not to be pushy / rude, just trying to plan my evening.

is the parking lot open too?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:22:16 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2010, 02:37:27 pm »
actually, the last-minute and free aspect might ensure that it is a roaming event.  i'll bet that some people will drink too much on monday afternoon and say "fuck it, don't feel like going anymore and the ticket was free so nothing is lost".  others might get caught in traffic, or have a change in plans/overlooked plans, etc... and other than the sooper-dooper mystery headliner, none of the acts on the bill have a huge/rabid following so people might leave after their favorite leaves the stage.  if the order on the announcement is correct, i could see how ted leo --> bob mould --> mystery headliner might not be everyone's cup of tea.

i remain hopeful.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2010, 03:04:32 pm »
Just curious - but I know a # of forum members who didnt get an email. What was the criteria (if there was any). And yes, we've been on here for awhile (although most of us no longer post regularly - excluding me).

I was hoping to get tix from the email blast, but that didnt pan out (assuming that by noon we were given notice). a bit bummed. yes im currently in NYC, but I used to go to a ton of shows when I was down there. And I was going to try and make the trip with a friend. Ah well.

Enjoy the show. And anyone that has an intention of offering me a +1, dont worry about it. The Pysch Furs will be awesome. Cant wait to catch them up here.
HeyLa

jdyahoo

« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:41 pm »
It sounds like doors open at 5pm.  For those of you won the lottery, does it say what time the show starts?  Thanks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2010, 03:28:07 pm »
It sounds like doors open at 5pm.  For those of you won the lottery, does it say what time the show starts? 

nope, 5 pm doors is the only info we have.  i asked about set times in the FAQ section - sounds like we won't know until some time on monday.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2010, 03:28:41 pm »
Have the emails been sent out to the email blast winners?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2010, 03:31:53 pm »

I predict a sellout, but very manageable crowd.  People will be coming and going all day.  Plenty of people won't show up (one of the mixed-blessings of "free").  Despite the overall killer lineup, there aren't any really big names listed to draw the masses.   I think we'll be able to move around just fine most of the evening.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
http://wtop.com/?sid=1968105&nid=843

"Radiohead came and played at 2:00 in the morning," Hurwitz says. "All the events leading up to that, it was like, 'Wow, is this really happening?'"

I'm just posting this to tease y'all.
😐 🎶

Got Haggis?

« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2010, 03:34:59 pm »
Have the emails been sent out to the email blast winners?

the email said winners would be notified by noon.  still nothing here, so i'm guessing i missed out on both contests, damn it to hell

atomicfront

« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:52 pm »
I wish this were a paid event.  If it were 10 bucks or something you would weed out people who are just entering to win something.  Plus it would probably cut down on no shows.