Author Topic: Club's 30th anniversary?  (Read 205743 times)

eltee

Re: Club's 30th anniversary?
« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2010, 07:17:07 pm »
Cupcake cake!

x- you haven't been since 2008? you seriously need to come down, ticket in hand or not. I can't commit to giving someone my plus one yet but I'll know more of my status on Monday.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:28:27 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

wml7

« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2010, 07:46:36 pm »
So, are we going to make a roll call for this shindig and designate a meeting spot where people won't show up, who say they will?  ;D

eros

« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2010, 09:30:16 pm »
It's a great thing.  I went to the free HFS Nutcracker thing they had at the club in 1999 (I think).  IIRC, I remember it was Tori Amos, Beck, and Foo Fighters.

It was 3/4 full at best - more like 1/2 full by the end.

Or commenting that no shows to a sold out event is a bad thing. To me, that's a good thing.

Only on this board would people argue that it should be a paid event instead of a free event where they THEMSELVES are invited!
ʎɐʍou

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2010, 10:31:03 pm »
So, are we going to make a roll call for this shindig and designate a meeting spot where people won't show up, who say they will?  ;D

ah, i see that you're familiar with the concept  ;D

the fact that we won't know set times until monday means that we can't determine a meet-up time until monday.  should you want to meet up, please check this thread as soon as set times are announced on monday.  i'll do my best to pick a time that isn't too offensive - don't want to call it for a time that coincides with a must-see set (LIKE, SAY, CLUTCH.  ya hear me, thatguy?).  i'm thinking something like 7:00, but it will entirely depend on set times.
<sig>

aglanixp

« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2010, 09:29:40 am »
In.

James Ford

« Reply #425 on: May 29, 2010, 11:48:09 am »
Forum meetup? Aren't we being redundant? Isn't the whole show basically a forum meetup, since that's how most people got tickets?

I suggest people just wear things we can recognize them by. NKOTB can wear his Wolftrap t-shirt, Joe can wear his Soul Asylum t-shirt, Azag can wear his Tom Petty t-shirt, Dr . Doom can wear his DOOMLINK t-shirt, Jen and Todd from Bound can wear their bondage gear, Sweetcell can wear his t-shirt from that band with the tranny singer, Thatguy can wear his ear thingies, Julian can wear his Walmart gear, and Walkonby can wear his patchouli.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #426 on: May 29, 2010, 11:50:38 am »
Forum meetup? Aren't we being redundant? Isn't the whole show basically a forum meetup, since that's how most people got tickets?

I suggest people just wear things we can recognize them by. NKOTB can wear his Wolftrap t-shirt, Joe can wear his Soul Asylum t-shirt, Azag can wear his Tom Petty t-shirt, Dr . Doom can wear his DOOMLINK t-shirt, Jen and Todd from Bound can wear their bondage gear, Sweetcell can wear his t-shirt from that band with the tranny singer, Thatguy can wear his ear thingies, Julian can wear his Walmart gear, and Walkonby can wear his patchouli.
And you'll be not in attendance but post a scathing review of the event the next day?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #427 on: May 29, 2010, 11:56:16 am »
Dr . Doom can wear his DOOMLINK t-shirt

If such a t-shirt existed, it might carry an image like this:

_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #428 on: May 29, 2010, 01:25:39 pm »
walkonby won't be wearing anything . . . uhm by that i mean i was confused on the whole ticket obtaining process, so i will not be in atten/dance.  i would say have a drink on me, but i'd rather proclaim "have sex with each other . . . on me."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #429 on: May 29, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »
i call dibs on twangirl.
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #430 on: May 29, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »
aw, c'mon - someone get walkonby a ticket.

wml7

« Reply #431 on: May 29, 2010, 02:31:20 pm »
if someone offers walky a ticket will he go?  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #432 on: May 29, 2010, 02:36:13 pm »
Timing is everything and sadly, time isn't on my side. I have other obligations and there is just no way that I can work it into my schedule. The worst part is (besides missing the event) it's not even for a holiday party or anything else fun. It's that Monday thing. If it were on Sunday instead, I'd be there. Oh, well. I know it's going to be one fantastic shindig!

I got all the invites but didn't even bother for tickets since, unfortunately, there is just no way that I can attend. Didn't think that it was fair to clog up the system just that much more just to see if I could get them. Now I'm wishing that I would have just to give my potential winnings to Walkie. (Probably wouldn't work anyway since it sounds like you have to show ID when picking them up.)

Seth, you really know how to throw a party! Thank you for all the invitations. Better luck (for me) next round. Hope that you enjoy it just as much, if not more, than I know all the attendees will.

Happy 30th 9:30 Club!!!! You're the BEST!!!

walkonby

« Reply #433 on: May 29, 2010, 08:14:19 pm »
there is some magical portal that may grant me a ticket . . . i think.  will have to see if i get an email describing how i travel through such portal to acheive "being in" status.  if i am going . . . i will be wearing a widespread panic shirt . . . naturally.

eltee

« Reply #434 on: May 29, 2010, 08:26:34 pm »

I really hope all of you loons don't end up in my sideways world.