Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1316259 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1365 on: June 08, 2015, 11:00:11 am »
Sight lines upstairs are horrible,

Also no free water. Bottled Water only.

So if you got there early and procured a railing spot...would your sight lines still suck?

930 did the second level right with the built in beachers

Not sure why they just don't make the stage a little higher?

That's lame that they don't have free water!
slack

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1366 on: June 08, 2015, 11:32:40 am »
railing spot in the back would probably be ok. on the sides...maybe. the front of both sides are bottle service only seating.

raising the stage a bit would go a long way to helping with sold out shows I think.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #1367 on: June 09, 2015, 07:22:52 am »
The Obliterations show at DC9 last night was fucking great, 30 minutes of intensity that didn't let up once.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #1368 on: June 10, 2015, 01:37:48 am »
These back to back shows are kicking my ass but damn near had an out of body experience at the MONO show tonight, why they continue to keep playing to a half full RNR Hotel is beyond me.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1369 on: June 10, 2015, 06:56:04 am »
The last two or three releases have not been very good but they still are a very good live band

They tour a lot too...don't need to see them every time

These back to back shows are kicking my ass but damn near had an out of body experience at the MONO show tonight, why they continue to keep playing to a half full RNR Hotel is beyond me.
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1370 on: June 10, 2015, 07:52:11 am »
Great Weller show last night, the best of his several appearances there.  A great showcase of his "The Changingman" solo career, with nods to The Jam and Style Council.  It nice to hear him find his upper range and there was a definite groove to many of the songs.  It ranks second behind the three night NYC stand I saw in terms of his shows
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #1371 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:43 am »
Great quadruple bill at Comet last night. Expert Alterations just keep getting tighter. Mercury Girls have only played a few shows but show a bunch of promise. The Spook School were a lot of fun. Wildhoney do the shoegaze thing better than most if not all of their American peers.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1372 on: June 10, 2015, 10:17:15 am »
wildhoney are hit or miss for me....not really a fan of bands that do a good job of burying the vocals of their vocalist, unless of course you're MBV, then it's OK.

Great quadruple bill at Comet last night. Expert Alterations just keep getting tighter. Mercury Girls have only played a few shows but show a bunch of promise. The Spook School were a lot of fun. Wildhoney do the shoegaze thing better than most if not all of their American peers.

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #1373 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:31 am »
They have gotten better at making her voice more audible.
احمد

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1374 on: June 10, 2015, 10:45:52 am »
Wildhoney is coming here next month and I'm looking forward to see them. If Azaghal likes something, I usually seem to like it as well.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1375 on: June 10, 2015, 11:12:34 am »
Wildhoney kicks ass. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #1376 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:31 am »
Killsaly, did you know that the singer in Mercury Girls was the singer for Pet Milk?
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #1377 on: June 10, 2015, 11:18:54 am »
Nice.  Pet Milk!  I miss them.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1378 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:56 pm »
Really enjoyed Courtney Barnett, Saturday night. A hot, loud, sweaty pride-weekend rock show.

Also, I really like Frank Turner, but am concerned that this tour will be all livenationish, and that he will return to the Fillmore and not the 930 .... (Seth?)

and to complete the cross-post trifecta:

I have never heard of or listened to Ween.

:)

« Reply #1379 on: June 14, 2015, 09:50:34 pm »
Really enjoyed Courtney Barnett, Saturday night. A hot, loud, sweaty pride-weekend rock show.

Also, I really like Frank Turner, but am concerned that this tour will be all livenationish, and that he will return to the Fillmore and not the 930 .... (Seth?)

and to complete the cross-post trifecta:

:)
Yea I thought it was an excellent gig,  It was funny at the end when she asked who was coming the second night and then said "seems silly to me, why wouldn't you just go see a movie or something"

Cannonball and Heavy Heart by You Am I covers were killer

slack