Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313618 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1545 on: August 04, 2015, 11:40:43 am »
uhh, people who claim to be at a show, and were not; the worst. 
I don't know about that. I mean, child molesters and obese people exist.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1546 on: August 04, 2015, 11:41:00 am »
uhh, people who claim to be at a show, and were not; the worst. 
Why would anyone do that?  What is the James Ford story?

« Reply #1547 on: August 04, 2015, 11:45:35 am »
What is the James Ford story?
IIRC, Broken Social Scene and Stars played a show together at Black Cat circa 2003. James attends and in the thread about the show said he left before BSS came on. Fast forward a few years and he gives a review of the show in another BSS thread basically saying how unenthused he was with their performance. Someone looks back at the old thread and points out he clearly indicated he left before they went on. Crickets ensue.

EDIT: http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=11116.0

GGW with the credit for making the connection. I will be updating the User-Curated HOF. This was a first-day electee but we did not have a link.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:49:14 am by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1548 on: August 04, 2015, 11:51:28 am »
Ah. The olden days before I was around.

hutch

« Reply #1549 on: August 04, 2015, 12:04:15 pm »
sheesus ford...

notme

« Reply #1550 on: August 04, 2015, 02:31:02 pm »
if you can remember the show, you were not actually there.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1551 on: August 04, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »
I had to laugh hardily at a Jenny Lewis show once, when she asked the crowd how many were at the first Rilo Kiley DC show and most people cheered.  Thing is it was at the Velvet Lounge and I'm fairly certain I know most of the people who were at that show...  Arlo was the warm up act and james left early for that one as well...

http://forum.930.com/index.php?topic=8054.msg133374#msg133374
T.Rex

walk,on,by

« Reply #1552 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:47 pm »
you,re doing a . . . past, post show moment, now?  me,ta

« Reply #1553 on: August 04, 2015, 08:40:39 pm »
you,re doing a . . . past, post show moment, now?  me,ta
Good point, Walky. We are thru the looking glass here, people.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #1554 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »
Girlpool were fun.
Frankie's not my thing.
Hemlines were great as always.
احمد

gavroche

« Reply #1555 on: August 10, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »
There was a question about WHILE, Christina Billotte's new band.  There are a couple of important hedges I have to make.  I was with 4 other people who were totally not into her.  The crowd energy is also important to me and really impacts my experience and I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed an opening act.

I haven't seen her since Slant 6, so it has been twenty years.  She was supposed to be the first of three acts, but Chain and the gang canceled at the last minute for some reason.  I was actually looking forward to seeing them.

In general I thought her set was really subdued and kind of boring.  It didn't have the bite that Autoclave or Slant 6 did (and which I appreciate) and none of the math rock sound.  There was also almost no crowd energy at all.  For me it was pretty underwhelming.  Not energy sapping, but didn't add much.

Thurston was not earth shattering but really solid. I really like his new album (way better than I liked Chelsea Light Moving) and he sounded great at the cat. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:13:52 pm by gavroche »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1556 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »
Saw 8 bands Thursday to Saturday.

Jesse Malin: earnest rocking sweatiness that was enjoyable
Saint Motel: too many beach balls
Heartless Bastards: Only caught a little, I was tired, and I think I should see them at the club to get a real feel.
Hurry: Really enjoyed the songs and the lead singer's self-deprecating deadpannery.
Yuck: Liked a lot, but I confess to being a little old and tired by around 1/2 way into their set. Sleepiness not their fault.
Bandroidz: insanity, drummer in wolf(?) head? Guy next to me made friends with the band and was all night going to and from backstage to drink with them.
So So Glos: Very fun, 3rd time seeing them, never headlining. Would like to see that.
Desaparacidos: solid, rockingness, a little preachy maybe. the three groups combined to play the Clash's Spanish Bombs, and it was fun (conor's voice is pretty bad though) and is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQ0LCjHrs8

Yada

« Reply #1557 on: August 10, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »
My ears are still ringing from the Matthew E. White show on Saturday night... I really need to start remembering ear plugs, this is probably the worst it's ever been.

Not his best show that I've seen, but good enough. His vocals were a bit too breathy and couldn't hear him real well throughout the show.

« Reply #1558 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:52 pm »
If anyone was on the fence about Hum on Tuesday do yourself a favor and get a ticket. Concert of the year contender. So effing good.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #1559 on: August 11, 2015, 07:13:00 am »
If anyone was on the fence about Hum on Tuesday do yourself a favor and get a ticket. Concert of the year contender. So effing good.

Where are they playing?