Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313330 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1410 on: June 16, 2015, 09:15:50 am »
Neko Case is so boring....just like that Ritter guy....

they don't have good enough songs.. you want to like them but the songs just aren't there..

Peep hutch ruffling feathers early in the AM. Admittedly, I've never listened to a note of Neko Case but Josh Ritter is probably the best song writer in that genre. You do realize he has probably over 100 songs, i'm assuming you've listened to his most popular on Spotify or Pandora or something?

hutch

« Reply #1411 on: June 16, 2015, 09:27:48 am »

they don't have good enough songs.. you want to like them but the songs just aren't there..

Peep hutch ruffling feathers early in the AM. Admittedly, I've never listened to a note of Neko Case but Josh Ritter is probably the best song writer in that genre. You do realize he has probably over 100 songs, i'm assuming you've listened to his most popular on Spotify or Pandora or something?

huh? I actually have his, you know, CDs.....and saw him at the 930 Club.. he's BO-RING... just like Neko who I also have all her CDs and saw at the 930 Club..

they suck...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1412 on: June 16, 2015, 09:28:38 am »

huh? I actually have his, you know, CDs.....and saw him at the 930 Club.. he's BO-RING... just like Neko who I also have all her CDs and saw at the 930 Club..

they suck...

I've never heard either of them, but I'd be happy to take the CDs off your hands.

Yada

« Reply #1413 on: June 16, 2015, 09:31:13 am »

they suck...

Well, at least you're nice enough to support artists you don't like. Good use of time and $$$ ! Get back to weed wackin'!

hutch

« Reply #1414 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:22 am »

they suck...

I've never heard either of them, but I'd be happy to take the CDs off your hands.

I'd be happy to fuck you up the ass.

hutch

« Reply #1415 on: June 16, 2015, 09:33:05 am »

they suck...

Well, at least you're nice enough to support artists you don't like. Good use of time and $$$ ! Get back to weed wackin'!

per sidehatch buying used CDs is not supporting artists...

Space Freely

« Reply #1416 on: June 16, 2015, 09:39:08 am »
Neko Case and Josh Ritter live are boring just like laying on the beach in the Caribbean is boring.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1417 on: June 16, 2015, 09:43:17 am »

they suck...

per sidehatch buying used CDs is not supporting artists...

Also, buying used CDs is not supporting millionaires...I don't think anybody should steal from anybody.  I'm sure Josh Ritter would prefer I listen to his music for free once, in exchange for the chance I'll float him another million dollars later on.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1418 on: June 16, 2015, 09:44:42 am »
I've never understood why poor people defend rich people.  Its what leads so many to vote against their own economic self interest.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1419 on: June 16, 2015, 09:49:04 am »
Neko Case and Josh Ritter live are boring just like laying on the beach in the Caribbean is boring.

that's quite poetic.  nice analogy.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #1420 on: June 16, 2015, 09:53:11 am »

that's quite poetic.  nice analogy.

I agree... may have to even steal that as my own.

hutch

« Reply #1421 on: June 16, 2015, 09:55:13 am »
they do put you to sleep...

Yada

« Reply #1422 on: June 16, 2015, 09:57:14 am »

If you found their cds so boring, why did you pay to see them live?

hutch

« Reply #1423 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:57 am »

If you found their cds so boring, why did you pay to see them live?

yawn..maybe i heard they were the best songwriters in America at their genre and thought I'd give them a chance...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1424 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:41 am »
I've never understood why poor people defend rich people.  Its what leads so many to vote against their own economic self interest.
Again, that's not an apt analogy. Buying a CD vs Stealing it is not the same as "voting." Everyone gets a say in taxes, for example. People should weigh their own self-interests vs the greater good and vote accordingly, I agree.

Deciding you don't like a business' model and don't care about someone else's intellectual property rights and therefore you are going to steal something is not the same thing. It's not close. The artist "gets a say" because they created it. The label "gets a say" because they put up all the money to record it (in most cases.) The consumer "gets a say" only in the very limited sense of they can purchase it or not. The mental gymnastics people pull off about "the CD model is outdated, therefore I should be able to download it for free" or "I'm sure Ritter would prefer I listen to it for free but attend his concert" (sidenote: I love how many people are mindreaders and know what artists want) is staggering.
LVMH