Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313403 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1530 on: July 31, 2015, 12:06:56 pm »
hutch, did you go to the LAI acoustic set last night?

no way..i don't plan to see them again as DJ Afro has left the band...like more than a year ago..without him I don't get the concept... its all friendly and I guess he may occasionally play with them but...

Unsanity

« Reply #1531 on: August 03, 2015, 02:56:45 am »
Welp, that Faith No More show was pretty awesome. Glad to hear so many "Angel Dust" songs! 90 minutes went by very fast.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1532 on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:03 am »
Thou only played four songs due to their showing up late and being up against a hard curfew but it was pummeling. Cayetana were great too even though the sound was fucked up during their set.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1533 on: August 03, 2015, 09:53:26 am »
that happens when you schedule an afternoon show in NYC the same day  haha

Thou only played four songs due to their showing up late and being up against a hard curfew but it was pummeling. Cayetana were great too even though the sound was fucked up during their set.

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #1534 on: August 03, 2015, 10:09:04 am »
Yeah I heard about that. Not smart.
احمد

K8teebug

« Reply #1535 on: August 03, 2015, 11:05:59 am »
Welp, that Faith No More show was pretty awesome. Glad to hear so many "Angel Dust" songs! 90 minutes went by very fast.

Sad I missed it. Glad it was fun. We came back from the beach last night and were too tired to go.

killsaly

« Reply #1536 on: August 03, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »
The Faith no More/Refused show last night was excellent.  I made a last minute decision to go, and was able to grab seventh row tickets for myself and Vas relatively cheap the day before.  A few notes:

Excellent set lists.  I do wish Refused would have played 366, and FNM would have played Digging the Grave and MotherFucker but that is just me wanting to hear some favorites (also it is weird that they did not play MFer, they were selling t shirts of it).

Speaking of T shirts... Kudos to both bands for selling theirs at $25.  Tons of bands at their level would have charged around $35.  I was able to pick up a cool one. 

The Crowd was fine.  They were definitely mostly there for FNM and not Refused, and you could tell.  Nobody stood during the excellent, high energy Refused set and everyone stood for the excellent, high energy FNM set.  People all seemed to have fun, and while people did snap photos and take videos, it seemed like it was minimal (I just read an article about picture taking at shows so that was on my mind).  The place was not sold out, but definitely was well enough attended.  I am glad it was at MPP and not a sold out Echostage (disclaimer, I have never been to ES and am basing that off of the experiences of people on here).

I looked for Bearman (I sold a ticket to him and watched that show together years ago so I knew what he looks like) and no dice.  I looked for walkie and his shirt.  No dice.  Same for wml7 and a person wearing cotton.

Refused has one hell of a singer.  He was all over the place, including going all the way through the floor section to the seats.  His dance moves were sick.  My only real complaint of the night was during their set.  The person responsible for their sound needs to be FIRED.  There was NO reason for them to have so much bass.  The bass guitar and bass drum almost drowned out his impassioned vocal performance, and both of the guitars.  I was worried Faith no More would suffer this same fate, but their bass level was ok.

And speaking of their set, wow.  Mike Patton is one hell of a frontman.  His vocals were great the whole show, and he was able to show off a few of his different styles.  The music was not too shabby either.  Keyboardist rocked.  Guitarist rocked.  Drummer rocked.  Bass player rocked. The Stage setup was spectacular.  The guys were in all white, as was the stage.  The only other colors came from the flowers they had everywhere, the guitars and drums (the keyboard was white, I am not sure why the rest of the instruments weren't white), stage monitors, and a red handkerchief dangling from Mike's back pocket.   The lights would switch from all white to pink and blue and red and a few other colors.  It was a fun 85 minutes, and they set a nice pace with their new songs, old favorites, heavier songs, and the slow jams. 

(also no problem getting in or out or parking or anything like that)
A +

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:43:42 pm by killsaly »

walk,on,by

« Reply #1537 on: August 03, 2015, 11:03:14 pm »
excellent, report of the faith no more show, there, right there, kill,sally!  a, plus indeed.  The show was an incredible evening of concert perfection, from easy getting in / getting out, to no lines for beer or food or pinballs or bathrooms, from standing around staring at so many different styles of people I have ever seen at a show for awhile, to having a general blast with friends I went with.

opening band, knew nothing about.  they were good, but sounded similar toward their wrapping it up.  great energy and good styled lead singer, but I felt I was apart of a hot topic living commercial.  faith no more started the evening with the real thing!  it was then that people should know it was going to be a killer time.  and rv?!  and songs from angel dust!  no zombie,eaters, but it is ok.  thank god, no easy like sunday morning.  I can,t figure out if it,s because I am old, or that they are old, but the sound did not feel as powerful as when I grew up listening to faith no more.  I remained in the pit, most of the time, watched the amusing moshing, had great views and perfect closeness for one of the best shows this year.  me and my widespread shirt, were pleased.

oh . . . and fuck that seventy five dollar poster. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:21:45 pm by walk,on,by »

Unsanity

« Reply #1538 on: August 04, 2015, 01:00:36 am »
They did play "Easy". Oh yeah, that poster was such a rip-off. All the other merch from both groups was very well priced. I picked up the FNM gimp tee. "RV" was unexpected to hear! I would have liked "Surprise! You're Dead" or pretty much any more songs from "Angel Dust" (I really love that album!) I already want to see Faith No More again ASAP.

I agree Refused's sound was not the best. I saw them at the Fillmore in 2012 and it was on point. Their enthusiasm and energy level was a bright spot at least.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1539 on: August 04, 2015, 08:22:55 am »
  I can,t figure out if it,s because I am old, or that they are old, but the sound did not feel as powerful as when I grew up listening to faith no more.

Agreed on both accounts. Fun show but neither band drew me in the way they used to. No regrets, though (no Chinese Arithmetic,  either).

killsaly

« Reply #1540 on: August 04, 2015, 09:40:48 am »
thank god, no easy like sunday morning. 

How did you miss them playing Easy?

I collect posters and really dug the $75 one.  There was no way that I was going to get one, but I still appreciate it for what it was.  It was not just a poster; it was signed by all members of both bands.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1541 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:28 am »
I,m still trying to figure that out.  checked set list, and was like, huh, what, and huh again.  maybe I was in the bathroom, maybe I was wondering around the lawn to see who was up there, maybe I hate the song so much, I blanked it from my memory.  stupid, song.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1542 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:01 am »
in case you did not go, or in case you did, and you must relive the moment . . . I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWXxFy5oadM

Yada

« Reply #1543 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:47 am »
I,m still trying to figure that out.  checked set list, and was like, huh, what, and huh again.  maybe I was in the bathroom, maybe I was wondering around the lawn to see who was up there, maybe I hate the song so much, I blanked it from my memory.  stupid, song.

Maybe you weren't there and are pulling a James Ford? Or maybe you were taking a big steaming dump during that tune.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1544 on: August 04, 2015, 11:37:44 am »
uhh, people who claim to be at a show, and were not; the worst.