Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313296 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5115 on: September 21, 2023, 03:56:08 pm »
Peter G always deliver a great arena show.  Agreed about the new songs (11 of them)... Audience did not mind.  I'd sit in the 216 section again though it's a side view.  Not sure I have the energy for another arena show....
(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5116 on: September 21, 2023, 05:43:47 pm »
I was in 216 too. It was more side view than I expected. Sound was great though.

Peter G always deliver a great arena show.  Agreed about the new songs (11 of them)... Audience did not mind.  I'd sit in the 216 section again though it's a side view.  Not sure I have the energy for another arena show....

Rusty Shackleford

« Reply #5117 on: September 21, 2023, 06:18:24 pm »
Great show last night by Old 97s at the Club last night. I can't think of a better frontman who plays clubs that small.

Totally agree.  Awesome show last night.  I was standing by the board and noticed someone had rigged a mic.  Unclear if it was for official purposes.  Anyone know where that recording might appear?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5118 on: September 21, 2023, 07:40:50 pm »
It was actually a really good show. The new stuff is really good and catchy stuff. The only snoozy part for me was when PG would introduce the songs with a back story.   I also took a gummy so there was a lot of sensory overload from the stage show.

I thought it was pretty good, too, especially for the $38 I paid for my nosebleed. His voice was good. His backing band was pretty good. He had a phenomenal drummer.

He had an elaborate stage setup with lots of visual graphics and lighting. The So songs are still incredible 37 years later.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5119 on: September 21, 2023, 07:43:40 pm »

This was my first time seeing a show at Cap One Arena, though I attended concerts about 20 years ago in similarly sized sports arenas--United Center and the old Palace of Auburn Hills. I knew the show last night did not sell out, but I was surprised to see how all the upper level sections on the sides of the venue were closed off. It didn't seem like that on SeatGeek.

Probably 15,000 people attendance.

Yada

« Reply #5120 on: September 21, 2023, 11:58:07 pm »

This was my first time seeing a show at Cap One Arena, though I attended concerts about 20 years ago in similarly sized sports arenas--United Center and the old Palace of Auburn Hills. I knew the show last night did not sell out, but I was surprised to see how all the upper level sections on the sides of the venue were closed off. It didn't seem like that on SeatGeek.

Probably 15,000 people attendance.

Typically in a shitty selling concert situation,  they probably shifted people around the nose bleeds or upgraded them to lower levels so they could shut down entire sections.

koshmar

« Reply #5121 on: September 22, 2023, 08:15:44 am »
I was hoping we'd get moved from our lousy nosebleed seats and did not.  I was sad.  Great show though. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5122 on: September 22, 2023, 11:31:16 am »
Depeche Mode is looking like a sell out (only very side view seats)....wonder if there will be deals on stub/vivid.
(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5123 on: September 22, 2023, 03:03:08 pm »
Typically in a shitty selling concert situation,  they probably shifted people around the nose bleeds or upgraded them to lower levels so they could shut down entire sections.

Looks like that's exactly what happened. But you'd think those seats on the side would be "better" since they are technically "closer" to the stage than the end zone seats. But they moved everyone from those side sections to the end zone.

« Reply #5124 on: September 22, 2023, 04:28:20 pm »
I was hoping we'd get moved from our lousy nosebleed seats and did not.  I was sad.  Great show though.
the trick is to buy the absolute worst seats, be good to know what sections they close like that

edit...getting upgraded to 400 level endzone doesn't sound like an upgrade to me
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5125 on: September 24, 2023, 03:30:03 pm »
Looks like a great Nick Cave setlist....who went?
(_|_)

« Reply #5126 on: September 24, 2023, 04:08:18 pm »
Damn, I wish you hadn’t told me to look

Breathless is one of my absolute favorites and don’t recall hearing it live

Polar opposite of the set list we got last year although was just two of them
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5127 on: September 25, 2023, 10:46:18 am »
Friday night I went to see the young Irish group Somebody's Child at DC9.  Cian Godfrey who is the son of friend of my brother, is Somebody's Child who now has a full band behind him.  Anyways, I've been listening to their debut a bit of late and enjoying it. I picked up on the post-punk influences through out the album, but someone else pointed out the more current influences of Artic Monkeys, etc on their sound.  At one point during their set I was thinking they were coming off as a hyperactive U2.  The show was filled with anthemic passionate performances and the had totally won over the audience by the end.  Look for more from this promising young group.

as a side note, Cian was passing along the difficulties of getting a visa to perform in the US and at some point who ever was working on the visa needed to verify people who supported him against Wikipedia.  Gotta love bureaucracy...

The support Matt Sahadi, whom both me and my brother agreed on, he and his band had their moments.  However, it got a bit to chaotic towards the end,  but the band was clearly having fun in the process.  Also, unclear why the drummer in a warmup band felt the need to go shirtless...
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5128 on: September 25, 2023, 11:02:18 am »
Cian Godfrey who is the son of friend of my brother, is somebody's child

Nothing more relatable. Truly the everyman.

Yada

« Reply #5129 on: September 25, 2023, 11:10:42 am »
Did not attend, but Farm Aid brings the return of Sturgill and a three song set by Dylan backed by the Heartbreakers... pretty, pretty good.