Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 99824 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #750 on: December 08, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
Lulu, you *were* directly behind me and my girlfriend... we were in Sec D, Rob B, 8 and 9.  

Originally posted by poorlulu:
  section d row c - 8 and 9

we were 2 seats away from brennser, two rows in front of pollard and lefty........haha
_\|/_

Chip Chanko

« Reply #751 on: December 08, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »
I was in Sec D, Row D, 6 and 7...right next to that guy. I think that was the funniest dancing of the night. Can anyone come up with a good description of the style? Plus that bald guy right on the center aisle on the floor in row G. And then the beatnik (sal) looking dude who went CRAZY during one song down there next to bald guy. I couldn't dance that much because my body still hurts from the Philly show.

The Philly show had a better song order (starting w/ Veloria...going into lots of fast stuff, slow in middle, then picking up speed to finish). Also...the drums reverberate all around DAR too much. And I thought Frank/Francis/Charles' vocals were a little low. But it was still the Pixies and amazing.

What's with everyone sitting down in Section T? I think D could take T any day.

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by poorlulu:
  section d row c - 8 and 9

we were 2 seats away from brennser, two rows in front of pollard and lefty........haha
Who was that behind Markie totally jamming away non stop thru pretty much the whole show. I also saw him from section A. [/b]

BookerT

« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Plus that bald guy right on the center aisle on the floor in row G.  
the jumping whooper. i'm not sure if he was whooping last nite, but the last couple of fall shows i was at i had the bad fortune to be standing next to him and he'd just jump up and down going "whoop! whoop! whoop!" all the time. quite annoying. like peter garrett on ecstasy or something. i was in row p last nite and definitely noticed him.

i rather enjoyed the show. i liked the slow build throughout the set, and things really picked up with "debaser." funniest part was when frank motioned offstage at one point for someone to come out and pick up his towel for him. he sure is one sweaty dude. i also think most hardcore bands have more hair than the pixies. still a very fun night, although constitution hall is just a totally lame venue. washington crowds are obviously never the most energetic, but it's hard to blame anyone last nite. it was like a sauna in there. the sound was decent, i've heard it much worse. it still bounces all over the place, but i could make most everything out.

nkotb

« Reply #753 on: December 08, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »
He most certainly was.  Right behind me.  In my ear.

Originally posted by BookerT:
  the jumping whooper. i'm not sure if he was whooping last nite...

Guiny

« Reply #754 on: December 08, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
 [ Plus that bald guy right on the center aisle on the floor in row G.  [/qb]
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Was he the one in the tank top waiving his hands every once in awhile. We enjoyed watching him also. He stuck out since noone within 8 seats were moving.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #755 on: December 08, 2004, 02:55:00 pm »

Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
 [ Plus that bald guy right on the center aisle on the floor in row G.  [/b]
[/QB]
Was he the one in the tank top waiving his hands every once in awhile. We enjoyed watching him also. He stuck out since noone within 8 seats were moving. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah...that guy! He seemed REALLY into it. Then another guy came behind him for one song who was really excited about that one song (i can't remember what song it was...somewhere in the middle of the set).

jardison

« Reply #756 on: December 08, 2004, 02:57:00 pm »
Great show!  I was Section D Row D aisle seat 8 or 9.  Dancing in a way that only a white man could!  I have been waiting to see the Pixies for YEARS!!  Thanks for the presale tickets!  Only complaint- they didn't play "Into the White".  Highlight- "Hey".  My friend after the show said she was disappointed that they played "Monkey gone to Heaven".  She said that they were "appealing to their pop fans".  I told her to get over herself and that she was too cool for school.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #757 on: December 08, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by jardison:
   Highlight- "Hey".  My friend after the show said she was disappointed that they played "Monkey gone to Heaven".  She said that they were "appealing to their pop fans".  I told her to get over herself and that she was too cool for school.
My sentiments exactly to your friend.  "Monkey gone to heaven" and "Velouria" back to back was on of the highlights for me.  I agree with you on "Hey".  That was maybe my favorite too.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #758 on: December 08, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by jardison:
  Great show!  I was Section D Row D aisle seat 8 or 9.  Dancing in a way that only a white man could!  I have been waiting to see the Pixies for YEARS!!  Thanks for the presale tickets!  Only complaint- they didn't play "Into the White".  Highlight- "Hey".  My friend after the show said she was disappointed that they played "Monkey gone to Heaven".  She said that they were "appealing to their pop fans".  I told her to get over herself and that she was too cool for school.
I was next to you and appreciated your enthusiasm.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #759 on: December 08, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
  Was he the one in the tank top waiving his hands every once in awhile. We enjoyed watching him also. He stuck out since noone within 8 seats were moving.
I was exactly 3 rows behind him (Row K on the aisle).  He would alternate between whooping, jumping around waving his arms in the air like he's in aerobics class, and sitting down for 10 minutes at a time.  Then he'd jump up and start all over again.  I see him at shows all the time.  He's hard to miss.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #760 on: December 08, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
i was in the orchestra row m keeping an eye on the hooligans in section d
T.Rex

Guiny

« Reply #761 on: December 08, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i was in the orchestra row m keeping an eye on the hooligans in section d
So we had them covered from both sides.....Excellant.

cdg

« Reply #762 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:00 pm »
I was right in front of the whooper and didn't mind it.  I was glad people were getting into it.  What killed me was that these two dudes in row E directly in front of me looked they just wandered into the show.  They spent the first four songs talking and checking out girls.  Then they left a 1/4 the way through and never came back.  Some dedicated fans could of used 5th row!

Guiny

« Reply #763 on: December 08, 2004, 04:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by cdg:
  I was right in front of the whooper and didn't mind it.  I was glad people were getting into it.  What killed me was that these two dudes in row E directly in front of me looked they just wandered into the show.  They spent the first four songs talking and checking out girls.  Then they left a 1/4 the way through and never came back.  Some dedicated fans could of used 5th row!
Probably got their tickets from E Bay.

booradley17

« Reply #764 on: December 08, 2004, 05:01:00 pm »
The whooping flailing guy was goin' nuts during the entire Datsuns set as well.