Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242871 times)

shemptiness

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7635 on: November 08, 2016, 10:39:38 am »
RAR issuing tickets for 3 new releases

11/26 Can Release
11AM. Dropping "Reaper", "Goodnight Apollo", and "Maryland Roast". THIS IS A TICKETED EVENT WHICH WILL SECURE YOU AN ALLOTMENT OF (3) FOUR PACKS OF BEER PER BRAND, 1 TICKET PER PERSON @ $10 WHICH WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR CAN PURCHASE UPON PICK-UP. PLEASE ARRIVE @ 11AM DAY OF EVENT FOR PICK-UP. DRAFT WILL BE AVAILABLE WITH OR WITHOUT A TICKET THOUGH GROWLER FILLS WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE 64OZ GROWLER OR (2) 32OZ CROWLER'S PER PERSON.

200 TICKETS AVAILABLE

REAPER @ $13.99/4-PK PLUS TAX
GOODNIGHT APOLLO @ $14.99/4-PK PLUS TAX
MARYLAND ROAST @ $13.99/4-PK PLUS TAX

Please bring a paper ticket or mobile ticket with a barcode so we can validate you.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7636 on: November 08, 2016, 11:59:39 am »
Tempting. Any ideas what Maryland Roast is?

shemptiness

« Reply #7637 on: November 08, 2016, 12:52:38 pm »
Tempting. Any ideas what Maryland Roast is?

Reaper is a DIPA, Apollo is a Russian Imperial Stout and Md Roast is an Imperial Cream Ale

« Reply #7638 on: November 10, 2016, 06:10:13 pm »
aslin on tap at falls church Domion Wine and Beer

Aslin Brewing Company / Dominion Wine and Beer  All Eyez On Me - Double IPA

A few weeks ago we got together with our friends over at Aslin Beer Company in Herndon, VA. Local guys making beer that is receiving national recognition? Why wouldn't we want to brew a beer with them? So that's what we did. Aslin has become popular for making juicy, delicious IPAs that we love drinking. After putting our heads together we decided on brewing a Double IPA that we used a combination of Waimea, Vic Secret and Amarillo hops in. The result was fantastic and now we want to share it with you! We received a very limited amount of this beer and want to distribute equally to as many of you as possible. Below are a few details on how we plan to release this beer.

Date: Friday, November 9, 2016
 Time: 5PM
 Limits: (1) 32 oz Crowler Per Person
 100 Crowlers Guaranteed
 Price: $12.99 / 32 oz Crowler
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7639 on: November 10, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »
aslin on tap at falls church Domion Wine and Beer

Aslin Brewing Company / Dominion Wine and Beer  All Eyez On Me - Double IPA

A few weeks ago we got together with our friends over at Aslin Beer Company in Herndon, VA. Local guys making beer that is receiving national recognition? Why wouldn't we want to brew a beer with them? So that's what we did. Aslin has become popular for making juicy, delicious IPAs that we love drinking. After putting our heads together we decided on brewing a Double IPA that we used a combination of Waimea, Vic Secret and Amarillo hops in. The result was fantastic and now we want to share it with you! We received a very limited amount of this beer and want to distribute equally to as many of you as possible. Below are a few details on how we plan to release this beer.

Date: Friday, November 9, 2016
 Time: 5PM
 Limits: (1) 32 oz Crowler Per Person
 100 Crowlers Guaranteed
 Price: $12.99 / 32 oz Crowler

That would be November 11. I can only imagine what a shitshow the parking lot will be.

« Reply #7640 on: November 11, 2016, 12:11:53 am »
That would be November 11. I can only imagine what a shitshow the parking lot will be.
it is a tiny one
slack

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7641 on: November 11, 2016, 10:49:55 am »
I went to play poker with some heavy hitters, last night.  It was like playing with those mother,fuckers on television.  wow. 

so, I brought some dfh 120 minute, founders backwoods bastard and the wicked weed permeo . . . to share with my new friends.  they were impressed and delighted.  I did taste the permeo, just so I could say I did.  very, nice.

still, miss beer, but i'll live.

« Reply #7642 on: November 23, 2016, 12:52:12 am »
I had (and enjoyed most of ) 35 of these
50 readers choice beers
odd that yuengling got 21st in this list
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7643 on: November 23, 2016, 09:19:57 am »
That list looks like somebody went to a few Whole Foods across the country and starting making a random list of beers in the cooler.

medeski7

« Reply #7644 on: November 23, 2016, 10:05:25 am »
Anyone seeking out BCBS this week?  I'll be in Loudoun County for the holiday.  If anyone has recs for a spot to pick some up, preferably without a single bottle limit, I'd love to know.

Space Freely

« Reply #7645 on: November 23, 2016, 10:14:22 am »
Anyone seeking out BCBS this week?  I'll be in Loudoun County for the holiday.  If anyone has recs for a spot to pick some up, preferably without a single bottle limit, I'd love to know.

I *might* go stand in line 15 minutes before opening time at my nearby Total Wine to try to get a bottle of Coffee. I fully expect I will fail, based on the lines I encountered last year. The Regular and Barleywine shouldn't require any line waiting, I might pick up a bottle each of those, though I still have some from year's past.

Goose Island is said to allocate BCBS based on what stores sell the most of their regular products. So wherever Hutch buys the most Goose IPA is the place who will get the most BCBS. So good to check grocery stores in addition to the usual more beer-centered stores. (Though doubt grocery stores would have anything more than Regular.)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7646 on: November 24, 2016, 08:45:43 am »
I need a couple bottles of regular but will not wait in line for it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7647 on: November 24, 2016, 01:00:42 pm »
So, what's everyone drinking today?

Keeping me company on this turkey day is a case of week-old Head Hunter (I'm currently less than 10 miles away from Ohio), and a mix pack of Bell's driven frim from MI.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #7648 on: November 24, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »

Keeping me company on this turkey day is a case of week-old Head Hunter (I'm currently less than 10 miles away from Ohio), and a mix pack of Bell's driven frim from MI.

I got a starr hill sampler 12 pack.. four different types of beer.. is this total crap?? I had a few last night of the IPA variety and it did not seem so hot..

Space Freely

« Reply #7649 on: November 24, 2016, 01:48:58 pm »

A bottle of Bluejacket Wallflower and maybe some Westbrook Gose with homemade Pad Thai and spring rolls. And later a 2013 BCBS Coffee with homemade pecan pie and (store bought) vanilla ice cream.

Oh and some Founders Breakfast Stout with brie to get things started.

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:58:09 pm by Space Freely »