Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2698150 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4920 on: March 25, 2013, 01:23:46 am »
something like that. 

Relaxer

« Reply #4921 on: March 25, 2013, 09:19:32 am »
Pig Destroyer on Friday.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #4922 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:21 am »
You lucky dogs!  :-\
Jag you would not have been disappointed.  It was nice and loud. And with those four bands, there was a lot of gaze variety going on, so it definitely never was boring.  You need to check out Fan-Tan (from NYC) who are releasing an album soon.  Really good shoegaze with really upfront, clear vocals (Exit Calm semi-reminds me of the them). 

And lights! Lots of nice light shows too (with Nightmare Air having the best).

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #4923 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:48 am »
http://www.youtube.com/showlistdc - I posted videos from every band except Fan-Tan.  One more Ceremony video to upload tonight when I get home, but there's enough there for your listening pleasure today.

I thought the sound for Ceremony was awful-- so much feedback, it made it almost unlistenable (you can hear it in my videos as well).  It was as if the sound guy had given up or something.  Really disappointed in the late start time, which made for very short sets from each of the bands.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4924 on: March 25, 2013, 11:47:33 am »
WWE Raw Road To Wrestlemania Tour at the Patriot Center on Saturday. You're jealous.
A house show would be fun.  Raw will be at Verizon Center on April 1st. Im not going to be able to go to either, since I am spending money on Ring of Honor Best in the World PPV and then the next day Ring of Honor TV Taping in Baltimore.  Way more fun (i you like the wrestling part more than the "entertainment" part) to go to.
I actually had a blast, it was nice to see people actually not getting buried in 3 minutes hahaha there was about 8 matches. I haven't been to a house show since I was a kid and it was in my neck of the woods so I was double excited. They didn't announce a return date, but I was surprised by the turnout considering Raw is 8 days away. I am also going to that Raw AFTER going to Opening Day. So much partying to be done!! I've actually been looking at more local shows, I don't follow ROH closely but I'd love to see one of those shows!
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #4925 on: March 25, 2013, 11:58:59 am »
I bought tickets to the RoH doubleheader already.  THere are different prices per section/row, but definitely affordable.  I went with a less expensive option for my seats...

2 days - 8 hours of fun
90 dollars - for two people for those two days
Row 5 - seats for the PPV ($25 each)
Row 2 - seats for the TV Taping ($20 each)

showlistdc

« Reply #4926 on: March 25, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »
Thu - Borracho / Been Obscene / SuperVoid @ Velvet Lounge
Fri - Pig Destroyer @ Black Cat
Sat - maybe Lich King @ Sergio's Place
Sun - either the Kohoutek event or Rachel Brooke @ IOTA

it's rough to have so many good shows every single night of March Madness.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4927 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:41 pm »
the Neil Young cover ("Don't Cry No Tears") was the best...thinking about going wednesday...

Feelies were, no surprise, real good at Ottobar...dont miss them at the 930..

they went on at 9 and were done at 12:20... two long sets followed by five encores of 2 songs each... the encores were mainly covers....did not expect them to do seven days (obscure dylan outtake)

nice guys for sure...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:36:20 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #4928 on: March 25, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »
thinking about going wednesday...

yeah me too...

Unsanity

« Reply #4929 on: March 26, 2013, 05:26:45 am »
I might do either Borracho & Been Obscene or FLOOR on Thursday if I get outta work early.

I already got my ticket for Pig Destroyer! Super stoked! They tore it up at the Ottobar back in October. I'll certainly be trying their Permanent Funeral beer. I'll probably try and hit the Churchkey before the gig too.

showlistdc

« Reply #4930 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:11 am »
I already got my ticket for Pig Destroyer! Super stoked! They tore it up at the Ottobar back in October. I'll certainly be trying their Permanent Funeral beer. I'll probably try and hit the Churchkey before the gig too.
Agreed.  Wonder if Kat and/or the Grindfather will make an appearance on Friday.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4931 on: March 26, 2013, 08:27:57 am »
Is Kat still with Agoraphobic Nosebleed? I sadly only saw her once with Salome; the friend I went with and I still talk about that show from time to time. It would be wrong for her not to be singing with anybody. What an unreal talent.
احمد

showlistdc

« Reply #4932 on: March 26, 2013, 08:51:15 am »
Is Kat still with Agoraphobic Nosebleed? I sadly only saw her once with Salome; the friend I went with and I still talk about that show from time to time. It would be wrong for her not to be singing with anybody. What an unreal talent.

Yup, she's still with AN, and she also guested on the latest Pig Destroyer album (not a surprise, with the Scott Hull tie-in).... which is why she guested at the Pig Destroyer release show as well.  Saw her a few weeks back at the Windhand show in Baltimore (she's a big fan, apparently), so she's still around.

Unsanity

« Reply #4933 on: March 26, 2013, 03:51:32 pm »
Kat is so bad ass, what a voice! I only got to see Salome once. I missed their set opening for Wino at 9:30 by minutes. They were supposed to play the Black Cat with a bunch of awesome black metal bands but they cancelled then split. Do Agoraphobic Nosebleed even play shows? I would love to see them sometime.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:13:37 am by Unsanity »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4934 on: March 26, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
agoraphobic nosebleed?  how is that even possible.  how is blood that comes out of your nose agoraphobic; it is coming out of your nose.  if it stayed inside your nose like an agoraphobic would, it would cease to be a nosebleed.