Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313618 times)

shemptiness

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2325 on: November 04, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »
So 13 out of 15 - no Little Savage or Boy With a Problem

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2326 on: November 05, 2016, 02:47:41 pm »
wish you guys would stop posting about this!!!
killer set list
Chelsea is one of my all time favorite songs
Beyond belief is a close second

Fuck, why didn't I just have a spare $125 laying around

The price tag was outside my budget, but so is a lower bowl Caps ticket or NFL game.  And this was Elvis.  And Imperial Bedroom.

great investment...

I never regret shows I go to.. only those that I miss...

This + Chase Visa Card = My Life

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2327 on: November 14, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Lydia Loveless at RNRH was a welcome respite from the week that was.

Opener was Aaron Lee Tasjan, and was glad I arrived early enough to see most of his set.

And for us old farts there was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hVQgPpf9o

bearman🐻

« Reply #2328 on: November 16, 2016, 08:58:55 am »
Helmet was exactly what I needed last night...loud music performed with bruising malice. The Meantime stuff sounds as powerful as ever.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2329 on: November 16, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »
BRMC and Death From Above 1979 were fun at the Fillmore.  1st time there and enjoyed the venue and close to my Scaggsville home

Unsanity

« Reply #2330 on: November 17, 2016, 05:49:39 am »
BRMC is no way to follow DFA. BRMC hasn't had a record out in over three years and I dunno, they seemed a bit stale. DFA had the place moving and I was really hoping they would headline that one. I did somewhat enjoy Deap Vally though. They were a cool opener for DFA.

I am pretty bummed I could not make that Helmet / Local H show. My friend who went said it was great. I have seen them play the Meantime album and Betty album both respectively on the 20th anniversary tours of said records. Here is to hoping they do one for Aftertaste. I always thought that was a very underrated album!

« Reply #2331 on: November 22, 2016, 01:45:01 pm »
King Khan and the BBQ show was a blast last night
that man has no shame when it comes to the outfits he wears on stage

and yes rumors are true...DFA and Sidehatch did get to say Hi in the midst of it

Can't say I'd vouch for him if he was trying to get security clearance, but I'd let him drink my liquor from an old fruit jar
and unfortunately his buds were in fact his friends, that was a real downer
slack

hutch

« Reply #2332 on: December 04, 2016, 11:51:34 am »
I loved seeing Fito Paez at the Fillmore Thursday night- only waited 30 years- but the getting into the venue WANDING , patting, security checks etc were ridiculous.. come on..I mean I'm never into that but sometimes I get it but for a show by a 53 year old Argentine scarf wearing guy playing a piano, really? Unless there was some good reason this seemed excessive... also a completely separate line for ID check?

This may be the first or second time I actually paid for a ticket there (I think I paid for a discounted ticket for the Specials maybe because I didn't think I'd get on the guest list but in the end I did and Sidehatch took that ticket but my memory could be off but J Geils Band, Frank Turner and Ziggy Marley were all free) and hopefully they never get another show I must see... Not to mention the horrible drive up from NOVA leaving my place at 6:50 pm to make it up there for an 8 pm start time...that was loads of fun on the beltway...

« Reply #2333 on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:48 pm »
the Specials
You ended up with tix that said $0.00 on them not sure how you scored them
but I think you also paid for a pair too?
I wasn't involved with the acquisition, just the consumption and enjoyment
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2334 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:39 am »
The Hold Steady shows were great.
The Rolling Stones Exhibit - Exhibitionism - was great.
The Pizza was great.

hutch

« Reply #2335 on: December 05, 2016, 11:27:18 am »
the Specials
You ended up with tix that said $0.00 on them not sure how you scored them
but I think you also paid for a pair too?
I wasn't involved with the acquisition, just the consumption and enjoyment

that is true.. they said 0.. so technically Fito Paez is the first time I gave any money to the Fillmore

that is good

when I thought my contact at the Fillmore would not come through with freebies for us about 5 hours before show I panic and went and bought two from a reseller at below face...DUMB

then a few hours the contact came through and I was stuck with extras.. I gave you the ticket free as I had promised to get us on the list i guess..

that is what happened as I recall

so glad I went to that show because the recent specials show had two Specials less with the drummer (Bradbury) dying and the guitarist (Roddy Radiation) being pushed out

anyone that sees them now is only seeing three Specials...and from reading Roddy Radiation's website where he answers questions it seems Terry Hall is a first class jerk which is not too surprising..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:33:32 am by hutch »

Relaxer

« Reply #2336 on: December 05, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »
Pig Destroyer on Saturday were, as always, really great. But the real treat was Deceased, which went on right before PG. Hadn't heard their stuff and they just killed it. Loved the 4 foot tall guitar player who looked something out of Lord of the Rings. Swear to got that guy was soloing out of his mind for 80% of the show.
oword

hutch

« Reply #2337 on: December 08, 2016, 11:35:43 am »
saw the Reverend Horton Heat, Unknown Hinson and Nashville Pussy last night at Ramshead Live..

I could not believe it but it sure looked to me like the Rev and Jimbo had aged 20 years since the last time I saw them 20 years ago

My research tells me I last saw them at the 930 Club on February 7, 1997... my research was helped by Rich_WDC's This week in concert history posts where he accounts for that show.. the REV's website has an incomplete history that does not mention the show... instead mentioning the late 1996 Rev show  in September at the 930.... However, the late 1996 show was on a Thursday and I'm pretty sure I went on a weekend night which fits with the 1997 show being a Friday and all.... also I kind of think it was cold weather time....Sidehatch was at the 1996 or 1997 show..maybe he can confirm..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2338 on: December 08, 2016, 11:44:24 am »
Hutch, that tour is hitting here tomorrow. Worth seeing this go around? I'm on the fence since I'm going to Thievery Corporation tonite already.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2339 on: December 08, 2016, 11:48:47 am »
I could not believe it but it sure looked to me like the Rev and Jimbo had aged 20 years since the last time I saw them 20 years ago

so you're saying that in 20 years, they look like they've aged 20 years?

will wonders never cease...
<sig>