Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313553 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3915 on: August 21, 2021, 12:58:08 pm »
To quote my wife's screaming reply to your Wilco review:

"It's a Wilco show, you asshole. People are supposed to be seated. You don't dance to Wilco. Do you want to see a bunch of pear shaped people dancing?"

My response to your wife.

"Hey bitch, this is rock and roll, not the fucking Boston pops. If you want to keep your fat pear ass in a seat, go lay on the lawn and stare at the giant video screens."

And unless you've been under a rock,  yes you need proof if vax or a negative test to attend IMP events.

Starsky

« Reply #3916 on: August 21, 2021, 01:04:10 pm »
I can’t stand sitting at rock shows…absolutely loathe it

There could be lots of reasons to have seats depending on show and venue and artist and type of music…and ticket sales

There are seats in the first rows of most huge arena shows but I don’t think it’s so people sit.. people have the option to sit …for many people it just tells you this is your space but whether you sit or not is up to you
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:06:00 pm by Starsky »

Space Freely

« Reply #3917 on: August 21, 2021, 01:21:27 pm »

"It's a Wilco show, you asshole. People are supposed to be seated. You don't dance to Wilco. Do you want to see a bunch of pear shaped people dancing?"

"Hey bitch, this is rock and roll, not the fucking Boston pops. If you want to keep your fat pear ass in a seat, go lay on the lawn and stare at the giant video screens."

And unless you've been under a rock,  yes you need proof if vax or a negative test to attend IMP events.

I have been under a rock. Surprised there were so few masks. I have a friend who was one of the 10.

Yada

« Reply #3918 on: August 21, 2021, 01:22:38 pm »

I have been under a rock. Surprised there were so few masks. I have a friend who was one of the 10.

I'm surprised that friend didn't tell you about the vax or negative tests rules.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3919 on: August 22, 2021, 10:04:09 pm »
Here's a Wilco show review.
Friday was a beautiful evening at MPP for Wilco and SK.
We arrived in Columbia early and had dinner from the Whole Foods hot bar, always a classic, whilst sitting out by the lake. Then went to MPP, parked in a spiffy parking garage, and went into the venue. Met up with Bagley and Mrs. Bagley. 
The MPP facility is really other-level at this point. It is cleaned up, sparkly, and has ample brand new bathrooms and a special beer set up where Bagley got something interesting.
Then my S/O felt serious chest pain radiating into her left shoulder. We walked to the Vax tent set up by Howard County Health Department. Those folks took her BP which was wildly out of whack, and called EMS. EMS took S/O by golfcart to ambulance and then to Howard County General. MPP staph were on hand quickly and were helpful with the logistics.
I went back to our seats to gather our merch and jackets (great poster secured by Bagley for me), and saw 1.5 Nnamdi songs on my way to and from.
Then I drove to the hospital and sat in my car in the parking lot from around 7:30pm to 12:15am when she was released. Then a drive back to Towson for around 34 minutes. Home and asleep by around 1AM.
It wasn't a heart attack, but may be onset of a fun new heart condition(?!). We will follow up with a cardiologist soon.
3 out of 10
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:12:50 pm by challenged »

Space Freely

« Reply #3920 on: August 22, 2021, 10:12:59 pm »
Wow, that sounds like a challenging night. Good health vibes out to your s/o.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3921 on: August 23, 2021, 08:28:24 am »
That sounds awful. Hope your S/O is feeling better. Sending good vibes your way.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3922 on: August 23, 2021, 08:37:19 am »
Yikes. Sorry to hear that.
LVMH

« Reply #3923 on: August 23, 2021, 08:41:23 am »
yowza, glad the better looking half is doing better, sounds like quite a scare
good to hear about the good treatment by the crew at MPP

I see they played 'I'm trying to break your heart', but I definitely think Tweedy was being metaphorical and had no ill will towards you guys

slack

Starsky

« Reply #3924 on: August 23, 2021, 09:02:50 am »
That sucks dude but you guys handled it like pros that knew what needed to be done…

Although may come as little consolation that was the worst sleater Kinney set list ever…not one song from last millennium….and Wilco wasn’t much better

Yada

« Reply #3925 on: August 23, 2021, 09:33:57 am »
That sucks dude but you guys handled it like pros that knew what needed to be done…

Although may come as little consolation that was the worst sleater Kinney set list ever…not one song from last millennium….and Wilco wasn’t much better

Sounds like a $pace review.

Starsky

« Reply #3926 on: August 23, 2021, 10:36:34 am »
How dare you!!! I was trying to comfort our man…

Be happy you got Heavy Metal Drummer…they never play that

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3927 on: August 23, 2021, 10:41:45 am »
How dare you!!! I was trying to comfort our man…

Be happy you got Heavy Metal Drummer…they never play that

Thanks, I got your intention.

« Reply #3928 on: August 23, 2021, 10:42:51 am »
I was kinda shocked they finished with California stars, love when they grab those deep cuts
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3929 on: August 23, 2021, 01:38:19 pm »
I can’t stand sitting

i want you to repeat that... slowly...
<sig>