Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1180261 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1515 on: May 24, 2013, 10:44:05 pm »
Walkies, Not sure you are asking the right questions. Read. Yeah I know I always am quick to post a Greenwald op-ed but he is pretty much always spot on in his observations.

Oh and the Catholic church is still 100 trillion kinds of fucked. And American Evangelical Christians are still funding politicians in Uganda that are calling for gay people to be executed for being gay. And there was that Neo-Nazi American (not sure if he had any religious ties?) who shot up that temple in Wisconsin. And that other Neo-Nazi dude in Norway who shot up all those kids a few years back. And that right wing Christian who killed George Tiller. And the Buddhist extremists in Burma who are slaughtering entire villages of people as I type this. And then there are all of the atrocities that the Israeli military regularly commits with the use of our tax dollars. And then there are the drone bombings that we have been conducting over countries we are supposedly not at war with. And the bombings that we have conducted over the countries that we have been at war with. You get the idea.

So yeah. Long story short, it is not just Muslims.

not just but overwhelmingly... and don't be an apologist for these people who happen to be muslims and say they do the hateful things they do because of their religion.. THEY BRING UP their muslim-ness not me..they frame it in religious terms...

muslims need to look in the mirror and stop acting like victims here..of course not all muslims... not even most are bad apples but there are quite a few... and I think all muslims should focus their effort more on not being outraged at the West for, often times, incorrectly equating muslims but focus their outrage on the muslims who are wreaking havoc..sometimes sectors of muslim society even seem to sort of justify these terrorists etc..... their fuckin' countries are largely a shithole while they concentrate on blaming "evil Israel" and thereby deflecting.. I mean come on... Bashir Assad is a fuckin' joke.... you dont' get any more repressive than the Saudis... you got the Iranian mullahs...and you can go on and on and on.. the Pakistanis hiding OBL at what was essentially their West Point... and the hypocrisy..good lord... they have no issues taking our money for their oil or our aid but good lord if we say one word..

I mean fuck is anybody going to put their hands in the fire for karzai? he is a two bit crook..a shyster.... and he is the alternative to the taliban? these countries are seriously fucked if those are the political options they can muster and it says something about their lack of development that their two options are some ass-backwards religious intolerant bigots or a two bit corrupt as all else dictator... and you know what? in a lot of the muslim world those are the options... Nawaz Sharif just got reelected in Pakistan.. REELECTED by the people! He is a proven corrupt guy who has already been PM TWICE.....

I mean look: Israel is here to stay... lets move on.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1516 on: May 27, 2013, 10:02:00 am »
you know, maybe im stupid and this will sound dumb, but it makes sense to me.

why cant islam/muslim religion do the same thing?  why cant they clean up their problems.  dont they know how it effects the rest of the image of their religion.  dont they know that people hate muslims because of the actions of a few.  dont they know that they risk people or whole countries banning their religion.  dont they know of the backlash.  dont they remember when a religious group was singled out for a countrys problems.  is that what they want.  to be witch hunted.  to be hated as a group.  is fixing a problem that fucking hard.

Woolwich and the Muslim Response

Muslim leaders have been scared into silence.  Prevent officers visiting mosques and community leaders frighten them.  They are told that if Muslims display any political opinions outside the mainstream then they are extremists, that if they do not inform on them, that their bank accounts can be frozen, mosques closed and they could face prison.   Muslims are afraid.  Muslim organisations and leaders are subservient to the state, scared to mention foreign policy as a radicalising factor just in case they are harangued for justifying the murder.  It has got to such a state that we do not even realise that our minds have been conditioned through years of media misrepresentation and widespread Islamophobia.  Questioning the reason for a murder does not mean condoning or justifying it.  Condemning something that has nothing to do with you feeds into the narrative that this is a Muslim problem, that this is something that the Muslim community are responsible for, at least in part.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #1517 on: May 27, 2013, 12:40:50 pm »
you know, maybe im stupid and this will sound dumb, but it makes sense to me.

why cant islam/muslim religion do the same thing?  why cant they clean up their problems.  dont they know how it effects the rest of the image of their religion.  dont they know that people hate muslims because of the actions of a few.  dont they know that they risk people or whole countries banning their religion.  dont they know of the backlash.  dont they remember when a religious group was singled out for a countrys problems.  is that what they want.  to be witch hunted.  to be hated as a group.  is fixing a problem that fucking hard.

Woolwich and the Muslim Response

Muslim leaders have been scared into silence.  Prevent officers visiting mosques and community leaders frighten them.  They are told that if Muslims display any political opinions outside the mainstream then they are extremists, that if they do not inform on them, that their bank accounts can be frozen, mosques closed and they could face prison.   Muslims are afraid.  Muslim organisations and leaders are subservient to the state, scared to mention foreign policy as a radicalising factor just in case they are harangued for justifying the murder.  It has got to such a state that we do not even realise that our minds have been conditioned through years of media misrepresentation and widespread Islamophobia.  Questioning the reason for a murder does not mean condoning or justifying it.  Condemning something that has nothing to do with you feeds into the narrative that this is a Muslim problem, that this is something that the Muslim community are responsible for, at least in part.

^what a crock

killsaly

« Reply #1518 on: May 28, 2013, 11:46:56 am »
Hey Az here is a good interview with Terence from Locrian:
http://www.steelforbrains.com/post/51486286301/locrian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1519 on: May 28, 2013, 11:57:25 am »
is it easier . . . to not care and keep your mouth shut, or to care and have people tell you to keep your mouth shut?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1520 on: May 28, 2013, 12:03:49 pm »
why is every star trek film a let down.  good god . . . if abrams puts out a star wars film as horrible as the last 2 star trek films, then god help the force.

killsaly

« Reply #1521 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »
I would bet money that they will be better than Episode 1 or 2.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1522 on: May 28, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »
you know the situation is f*cked up when russell brand is the voice of reason:

http://darkernet.in/russell-brand-and-the-woolwich-murder/
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1523 on: May 28, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »
no . . . you know a system is fucked up, when everybody says something should be done about it, but does nothing to actually solve it. maybe if twitter forced people to act upon their posts, it would be a better world? better than what we have now which is, "if we dont think about it, it will go away."  perhap russell should question why man made religion controls people so much.  somehow i feel people would think he is an asshole if he dared make a comment about the evils of the entire fucking, scandal rigged invention.

hutch

« Reply #1524 on: May 28, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »
you know the situation is f*cked up when russell brand is the voice of reason:

http://darkernet.in/russell-brand-and-the-woolwich-murder/

the idea that there is no connection between islam and all these terrorists simply doesn't hold up...I wish there wasn't...but wishing don't make it so..

I love Brand and agree with a lot he sys but his post reminds me of those who reduce people who use guns to kill many people as "mentally ill"... anybody who kills people can be considered mentaly ill after the fact but guns have something to do with them carrying out that illness just as there is a connection between islam and these terrorists

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1525 on: May 28, 2013, 09:33:03 pm »
Matmos extracurricular activity:

A Political Necrology of God

Drew Daniel

Abstract

For early modern Christian subjects, Christ?s crucifixion and death fixes at the heart of things a momentary submission to decreation and destruction, replenished by the Resurrection and the promise of the Second Coming, but present all the same as a kind of absolute eclipse in ontotheology. With reference to the reworked ?Nicene Creed? that closes Jane Bennett?s Vibrant Matter, this essay asks: what happens to political ecologies of vibrant matter when they confront the corpse of God? How might Renaissance political ecologies speak to contemporary political dynamics, and what stands to occupy the vacant place of suicide, then and now, within this communal nexus? This essay pursues answers to these questions by placing an early modern text on suicide, John Donne?s Biathanatos, into conversation with a contemporary theorization of community?Roberto Esposito?s Communitas: The Origin and Destiny of Community. Donne?s scandalous, even blasphemous, presentation of Christ as a ?self-killer? in Biathanatos raises the possibility that Christian community is founded in the shadow of an originary yet occulted moment of self-destructive will, at once inferred yet unrepresentable. The socially binding consequences of this sacrificial dynamic are further explored in relation to contemporary politics, with reference to the focalizing effect of the suicide of Mohammed Bouazizi, the Tunisian street vendor whose self-immolation catalyzed the ?Arab Spring? of widespread popular revolt.

Keywords
John Donne, Biathanatos, Suicide, Arab Spring, Roberto Esposito

😐 🎶

azaghal1981

« Reply #1526 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:50 pm »
Nice. Always thought it would be pretty awesome to have him as a prof. He comes off as hilarious and pretty brilliant.
احمد

shemptiness

« Reply #1527 on: June 02, 2013, 06:40:08 pm »
The US soccer teams should only play friendlies.  They seem to do well in those.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:49:16 pm by Shemp »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1528 on: June 04, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »
no wonder the military did not want gays in . . . they dont rape woman in the service. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #1529 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »
Oh snap yo!
احمد