Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2121999 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #1935 on: January 11, 2010, 03:52:08 am »
the Movies - Running to the Sun

Tribes of the City's old band name's 1st album (a shoegaze band from Riga, Latvia)
Well worth hunting down, if you are in to that kind of thing.  They recently released their discography for free, but i think the links might be down...

Killsaly, you know that you and I are the only ones who have the slightest clue who these guys are, or even care, around here. That's okay. That's what keeps us deeper in the underground.  ;) :D  I'm just glad that there is another gazing soul around so I don't feel so lost out in the void; otherwise, don't really want a crowd around anyway. If there are any others, I sure wish they would speak (write) up. Maybe Snail and Az but they tend to be lost over in some other vector in space where our paths occasionaly cross.

All in all, good call!

Staralfur25

« Reply #1936 on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:55 am »
ahhh
the knife
new album march 1st.
new song is on their website
amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1937 on: January 11, 2010, 04:19:44 am »
Talha Asim Wynne

Some young guitar player from Pakistan whom submitted music to me for airplay on Air Atlantic Underground Radio. The guy shows promise but the stand out track that I have up on the station is "(Going Down) Into The Far Reaches Of The Mind" which has a bit of early Verve leanings but a bit more circular. Love that song! Some of the other songs though go off into Prog Rock land while some are more gaze worthy. Will be interesting to hear how he progresses along.

James Ford

« Reply #1938 on: January 11, 2010, 09:15:26 am »
I'm listening to the new Spoon and the new Shearwater.

Both I like, but with reservations.

Spoon's album isn't really as catchy as their last, though it's probably a grower.

Can I like this overwrought album from Shearwater and still make fun of Muse?

Now, hows about some DC tour dates for both?

I also like the new Watson Twins album alot. Much, much better than their first album.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1939 on: January 11, 2010, 11:10:07 am »
new Swans album coming out (not sure when) - no Jarboe ...has members of Cop Shoot Cop, Shearwater, Angles of Light playing on it.  One new song on the Swans myspace page.  Can't wait for the tour.

killsaly

« Reply #1940 on: January 11, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »
the Movies - Running to the Sun

Tribes of the City's old band name's 1st album (a shoegaze band from Riga, Latvia)
Well worth hunting down, if you are in to that kind of thing.  They recently released their discography for free, but i think the links might be down...

Killsaly, you know that you and I are the only ones who have the slightest clue who these guys are, or even care, around here. That's okay. That's what keeps us deeper in the underground.  ;) :D  I'm just glad that there is another gazing soul around so I don't feel so lost out in the void; otherwise, don't really want a crowd around anyway. If there are any others, I sure wish they would speak (write) up. Maybe Snail and Az but they tend to be lost over in some other vector in space where our paths occasionaly cross.

All in all, good call!

Haha... True, but i try to spread the gospel of the gaze as much as possible... I tried to play some to the people in my training class that i am in... They all hated it, thought it was a bunch of noise, which i suppose it can be, beautiful noise.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1941 on: January 11, 2010, 08:11:45 pm »
Paolo Apollo Negri - The  great anything
T.Rex

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #1942 on: January 12, 2010, 12:40:17 pm »

I just love Andy Chase's voice. Well everything about him.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #1943 on: January 12, 2010, 01:35:07 pm »
Chuck's Season Premiere brought Frightened Rabbit back into my playlist.  Thanks again to Relaxer (I think it was anyway) who brought this album to my attention.

27>34

eltee

« Reply #1944 on: January 12, 2010, 03:57:52 pm »
http://www.archive.org/details/esmith1998-06-02.flac

Elliott Smith Live at Studion
Date: June 2, 1998
Venue: Studion

soh good

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1945 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:53 am »
what azaghal will be listening to shortly:
http://pitchfork.com/news/36691-lindstrm-to-release-collaborative-album-with-singer-christabelle/
http://www.spin.com/reviews/lindstr%C3%B8m-christabelle-real-life-no-cool-smalltown-supersound

be sure to hunt down the 3-disk special edition.  i'll let you know my thoughts on it tomorrow... bedtime now.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1946 on: January 13, 2010, 02:29:12 am »
Matias Aguayo AY AY AY

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1947 on: January 13, 2010, 01:06:32 pm »

I love this album. checked it out due to the hype and really dig the sound of it all

fyi:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13786-reality-ep/
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1948 on: January 13, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »

Not as punchy as the first one, but listenable.  Giving up the Gun being the highlight.  Best song about an old man's penis I've ever heard.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that's a picture of somebody we all thought was the cutest girl in school growing up.  She didn't come to the reunion....
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1949 on: January 16, 2010, 05:45:47 pm »
Lady Gaga :)
(_|_)