Author Topic: Strokes Concert October 12th  (Read 9753 times)

mankie

Re: Strokes Concert October 12th
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2003, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

I don't know shite about Interpol. [/b]
You're better off that way, trust me on this one.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2003, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

I don't know shite about Interpol. [/b]
You're better off that way, trust me on this one. [/b]
You should had warned me about them before I bought their CD today at Best Buy.

File under: A Bunch of Overhyped, Boring Bullshit

SPARX

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2003, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I helped bring many of those scary shows to Ritchie.  Loved the place other than the bird crap and dealing with the University to get barricades and other things done.  

:cool:  Well in that case,a belated thank you is in order.Saw some of my favorite shows there:Clash,Stranglers,early U2...You are to be commended Sir!

Sir HC

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2003, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  I helped bring many of those scary shows to Ritchie.  Loved the place other than the bird crap and dealing with the University to get barricades and other things done.  

:cool:   Well in that case,a belated thank you is in order.Saw some of my favorite shows there:Clash,Stranglers,early U2...You are to be commended Sir! [/b]
Oops those were pre my time.  I was more the late 80s (butthole surfers) through early 90s (Janes Addiction, Skinny Puppy, and god forbid Billy Squire).

SPARX

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2003, 03:34:00 pm »
Oops those were pre my time.  I was more the late 80s (butthole surfers) [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Any interesting Gibby stories you'd be willing to share?That guy cracks me up!

Mobius

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2003, 07:09:00 pm »
Best shows I saw at Ritchie were Sonic Youth and Red Hot Chili Peppers, both in '90.  Didn't realize the place had such a history with the Clash and U2 playing there.

MaLo

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2003, 10:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  Best shows I saw at Ritchie were Sonic Youth and Red Hot Chili Peppers, both in '90.  Didn't realize the place had such a history with the Clash and U2 playing there.
since i am a big U2 dork i looked it up, they played there in april of '83...in '81 they played in this place in DC called the Ontario Theater...does anyone know where this used to be?

off topic: anyone know how to get rid of a cold?? i have a monster cold and a marathon to run this sunday..i need to get rid of it...grrr..i should probably just go to bed instead of sitting online supplying people with useless facts about u2

Bags

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2003, 11:50:00 pm »
So funny you mention the Ontario Theater, because I just found out about it this weekend!  It's on the south side of Columbia Road across from the Safeway -- it's on the corner and now it's some kind of catch all discount store.  I missed it by a few years, as i didn't move her until 1990, but the guys talking about it were here in the early/mid 80s.  What a trip, huh?

And for the cold, I have a friend who SWEARS by Zicam -- it's zinc stuff you shoot into your nose, and it's supposed to cut down the time your cold lasts.  I can't vouch, but some people swear it's a cure.

MaLo

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2003, 08:56:00 am »

And for the cold, I have a friend who SWEARS by Zicam -- it's zinc stuff you shoot into your nose, and it's supposed to cut down the time your cold lasts.  I can't vouch, but some people swear it's a cure.
Thanks for the suggestion..i just went to the website for zicam, very interesting..apparantly you are supposed to start using it when you first get the symptoms of the cold...hmm..i'll check it out tho

RonniStar

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2003, 11:43:00 pm »
1st, Good Charlotte! THen. The Music As A Weapon Tour. Now, The Storkes at UMBC. How did this school become a new hotbed for music? When any tour make their stop in Baltimore, they gor Recher Theatre, Fletchers, Thunderdome, Bohagers or Towson University to hold concerts. Now, UMBC is entering the mix. What's up with that?

SPARX

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2003, 11:49:00 am »
The Room's On Fire!
 Updated 00:02 PDT Thu, Sep 11 2003
 Since hitting airwaves and stages in 2001, The Strokes have been pretty hot property. This time around, it's one of their rooms that's on fire.
  The band has announced their first tour in nearly one year. Dubbed the Room On Fire tour, after their forthcoming sophomore disc, The Strokes will take to theatres from East to West Coast and back again, starting October 9.
  As rumored, the Kings Of Leon will indeed be supporting for the North American leg, as will Regina Spektor.
  The Strokes also have plans to hit Europe in December, although venues have yet to be announced. Most of the major cities in and around the continent are on the itinerary, with a few U.K. gigs planned as well, including a two-night stand in London.
  However, if you don't see your hometown on the list, don't cry just yet. According to the band, "we'll come back and do more next year. So if your city is not there, we're sorry we can't make it this time. We'll be through soon!"
  Meanwhile, back on the Web site, The Strokes have put a little MP3 of their new single, "12:51," up for a listen. That should tide fans over until Room On Fire gets released October 21.
  Speaking of Strokes goodies online, it looks like everyone who's subscribed to their mailing list will have first crack at tickets for the upcoming tour. Not only that, the stubs will come at a much lower service charge.
  Try ticketing.concertmaps.com/thestrokes1 for information. Some shows are already on sale.