Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370465 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2115 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:12 pm »
So no Beye or Bassong.  Are you hoping to have Enrique back at least?

I say play Viduka and Owen upfront with Martin out wide and go for a shootout...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2116 on: May 22, 2009, 12:59:39 pm »
one or the other would have been ok. seeing colo and taylor in the center of defense makes me nervous, though

really think that løvenkrands needs a run out, either on the wing or up top. i kind of fear that enrique will play and shearer will stick duff on the left side. dunno what all of these managers have seen in him since he came to the toon
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2117 on: May 22, 2009, 04:38:30 pm »
Is it safe to assume you will be watching the games live on Sunday so I can text you?
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2118 on: May 23, 2009, 10:44:54 am »
yeah, even if i get shit canned during the pens game tonight, i'm setting the alarm
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2119 on: May 23, 2009, 10:57:24 am »
oh and owen isnt likely to play

surprising
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2120 on: May 26, 2009, 03:22:34 pm »
I'm starting a new campaign.  It's the "Bring Back the Toon" campaign.

I'm starting by loaning Man United's 3rd string to Newcastle.  That should be enough.  If only I had thought of this in January, you could be watching the Premiere League next season...
27>34

brennser

« Reply #2121 on: May 26, 2009, 03:46:22 pm »
riiiight, and this has NOTHING to do with the fact he's on 70 grand a week and couldn;t hope to even get half of it at another club

DAMIEN DUFF is preparing for life in the Championship after pledging his future to Newcastle United following their shock relegation.

"I'm as loyal as they come, whether the gaffer stays or goes," said Duff. "I'd love to try to get us back up. I've loved working with him (Shearer); it's been a proper, proper football club for eight weeks and it's about time.

vansmack

« Reply #2122 on: May 26, 2009, 03:54:26 pm »
I was shocked when I read there was no clause in the Newcastle contracts that required reduced wages should the squad be relegated.  There's gonna be major fallout on Tyneside this summer.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2123 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:11 pm »
there arent clauses like that on players making £50k and up for any premier side i would wager. maybe a couple here and there. i would guess that duff wont be around with out a wage reduction. beye and steven tayor say they will stick around, though i'm not sure any of them really will

really trying to make money in two straight transfer windows with an already shite squad is bad enough. trying to go the whole season without a manager on top of that is almost laughable. selling milner for £12m seemed like good business if you buy more players. a fat kevin nolan and the even worse taylor werent going to cut it.

i could rant about the players, but frankly we'll be rid of all of them soon enough

if i could still watch matches i could see that as silver lining, but i just cant at this point. its the end of the footballing world, and i've seen it since the february 1. i was mad then, now its just a numbness
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2124 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »
i would guess of the regular starters maybe 4 left next year. tops
o/\o

brennser

« Reply #2125 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:41 pm »
if i could still watch matches i could see that as silver lining, but i just cant at this point. its the end of the footballing world, and i've seen it since the february 1. i was mad then, now its just a numbness

and belated commiserations by the way - you called it way before everyone else - I still couldn't believe a club that 'big' could go down until about a month ago

vansmack

« Reply #2126 on: May 26, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »
I shouldn't have to post this, but here you go:

Wednesday, May 26

2:45pm Barcelona vs Manchester United (ESPNHD)

I will not be on the board at all tomorrow.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2127 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:41 pm »
good luck to you all tomorrow. i'll end up watching it at 8 at night as usual i am sure

and belated commiserations by the way - you called it way before everyone else - I still couldn't believe a club that 'big' could go down until about a month ago
thanks
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #2128 on: May 26, 2009, 10:00:25 pm »
Really, really nervous here. My brother and some friends are already in Rome. I have to watch it form Haiti. not sure what to do before the game, difficult to work. afraid on Manchester United, very, very afraid, we have a weak defense tomorrow against these great players United has. Let's hope for the better!

Força Barça!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2129 on: May 27, 2009, 12:13:58 pm »
will the game be re-played later tonight?  i can't skip out of work today (just came back from a 4-day weekend), but would love to watch it later tonight.  i don't have access to dvr or slingbox or anything of the type, unfortunately.
<sig>