Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241380 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6465 on: February 25, 2016, 03:42:21 pm »
so the four cans of Hopslam my cousin procured for me to drink when I get there in 3 weeks...should be ok then

they'll taste as mediocre then as they would today, you're fine!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6466 on: February 25, 2016, 03:43:40 pm »
So, if I keep the entire set in the fridge the entire time, I reasonably can get 2.5-3 months without major quality loss? Someone just got me 8 6-packs of Hopslam!
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6467 on: February 25, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
the one-month buy/two-month drink rule is a good one, generally speaking.  certain brands do better than others with regards to age.  i've found that Stone beers tend to weather time a little better than most brands.

refrigeration would be beneficial and would extend the time-frame.  maybe double it, if it's been refrigerated the whole time.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6468 on: February 25, 2016, 03:46:52 pm »
I keep mine in the darkest, coldest place in my house
so how many beers can you fit in your heart?

About the same number you can fit in your wife's pussy.
Ouch!
but I've fit a bomber in there, haven't tried a magnum yet

Seems like you should talk to Relaxer about that one, assuming he doesn't forget to wear it.

« Reply #6469 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:51 pm »
I keep mine in the darkest, coldest place in my house
so how many beers can you fit in your heart?

About the same number you can fit in your wife's pussy.
Ouch!
but I've fit a bomber in there, haven't tried a magnum yet

Seems like you should talk to Relaxer about that one, assuming he doesn't "forget" to wear it.
FTFY
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6470 on: February 25, 2016, 03:50:42 pm »
So, if I keep the entire set in the fridge the entire time, I reasonably can get 2.5-3 months without major quality loss? Someone just got me 8 6-packs of Hopslam!

you're not losing quality so much as flavor and aroma.  the beers will be perfectly fine, but might not pack as much of a hop punch as when they were fresh.  and as the name of that beer implies, its goal is to slam you with hops.

depending on how you like your IPAs, letting them age is un-doing exactly what is great about the style.  however, if you don't like beers to have that much hop character, then aging makes sense... but then you should ask yourself why you're getting an IPA in the first place ;D
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #6471 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »
Hey, for those of  you who are more connoisseur-level on your IPAs, how long are IPAs generally considered "good" if stored in cans. Also, is this time-frame effected by whether or not they're left refrigerated?

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/how-long-do-ipas-stay-fresh-in-the-can.389627/

Yada

« Reply #6472 on: February 25, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »
Last night at the 9:30 Club...

First beer - Star Hill - Northern Lights IPA - It was completely undrinkable and maybe one of the worst beers I've had in a long time. I suspect miller lite was flowing through the taps and then new castle and then they switched to a year old IPA. I considered taking it back to the bar, but I decided not to. I'm not sure why I went against my "never order a draft at a bar that doesn't specialize in beer" rule.

Second beer - Flying Dog - Doggie Style Pale Ale - Bottle, drinkable, but not too tasty.

Third Beer - Budweiser - Bottle - Best beer of the night.

« Reply #6473 on: February 25, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »
you're not losing quality so much as flavor and aroma.  the beers will be perfectly fine, but might not pack as much of a hop punch as when they were fresh.  and as the name of that beer implies, its goal is to slam you with hops.

depending on how you like your IPAs, letting them age is un-doing exactly what is great about the style.  however, if you don't like beers to have that much hop character, then aging makes sense... but then you should ask yourself why you're getting an IPA in the first place ;D

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/how-long-do-ipas-stay-fresh-in-the-can.389627/
Cool, thanks for all the advice. If I can get three reasonably good months out of them then I don't need to start giving this away. There was no way I could attempt to blow through 48 of those in the next few weeks.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6474 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:08 pm »

Well hellooooooooo!  This seems like a good kickstarter bonus for the funders of the GWARBQ project.

« Reply #6475 on: February 25, 2016, 04:02:43 pm »

Well hellooooooooo!  This seems like a good kickstarter bonus for the funders of the GWARBQ project.
Certainly, jaded! Come to RVA next weekend and you are welcome to binge-watch House of Cards and binge-drink all the Hopslam you can digest.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6476 on: February 25, 2016, 04:06:15 pm »
Damn you and your central Virginia location.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #6477 on: February 25, 2016, 04:09:06 pm »
(but thank you for the generous offer)

« Reply #6478 on: February 25, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »
(but thank you for the generous offer)
I try.
LVMH

« Reply #6479 on: February 25, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »
you should ask yourself why you're getting an IPA in the first place ;D
purely for the hype and curiosity (and free beer)
slack