Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241633 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7200 on: August 01, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
speaking of VT: i'll be there next week.  i'll have a case of Heady and "some" (a case?) of Sip of Sunshine waiting for me there.  in addition i might hit up the Alchemist and Lost Nation on my own, TBD.

in preparation/as penance i'll be going beer-free this week.  wish me luck.

Assuming you're in close proximity, you should scoop up some Focal Banger and Crusher at the brewery.

hutch

« Reply #7201 on: August 01, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »
oh.. Focal Banger and Crusher..

damn.. I like that name... but it makes me horny...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7202 on: August 01, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
speaking of VT: i'll be there next week.  i'll have a case of Heady and "some" (a case?) of Sip of Sunshine waiting for me there.  in addition i might hit up the Alchemist and Lost Nation on my own, TBD.

in preparation/as penance i'll be going beer-free this week.  wish me luck.

Assuming you're in close proximity, you should scoop up some Focal Banger and Crusher at the brewery.

that will depend on whether or not i make it out to the brewery.  it's about an 1:15-1:30 drive to get there, so this extended beer run would result in abandoning the family for a whole afternoon... hence, the TBD ;D

the case of heady and the sunshine will be waiting for me, so even if i don't make it to the brewery i'll be having a taste.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #7203 on: August 01, 2016, 03:51:34 pm »
I do not get the lengths of trouble people go to just to drink a beer...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7204 on: August 01, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »
if yuengling works for you, you should stick with it. 
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #7205 on: August 01, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »
At a bar on Winchester.  Firestone Walker special taps.  Bretta Rose / Sucaba / Parabola / Anniversary / Stickee Monkee / Stivo / Nitro Oatmeal Merlin. 

Trying, them all.

« Reply #7206 on: August 01, 2016, 09:18:07 pm »
Whoa....i've seen the light
Picked up some cans of Even More Jesus by evil twin
Could eat it with a fork...12% is hidden pretty well.  You feel the burn more than taste it
Chocolately with a little licorice and smoke
slack

hutch

« Reply #7207 on: August 01, 2016, 09:42:18 pm »
if yuengling works for you, you should stick with it. 

no.. I get bored of it... and i need to drink like 80 to get a buzz....its boring...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7208 on: August 01, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »
At a bar on Winchester.  Firestone Walker special taps.  Bretta Rose / Sucaba / Parabola / Anniversary / Stickee Monkee / Stivo / Nitro Oatmeal Merlin. 

Trying, them all.

that's a ridiculous line-up.  note sure i could survive full pours of all of those... someone is going to have a headache in the morning.  but it will have been worth it ;D
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7209 on: August 01, 2016, 11:23:30 pm »
Whoa....i've seen the light
Picked up some cans of Even More Jesus by evil twin
Could eat it with a fork...12% is hidden pretty well.  You feel the burn more than taste it
Chocolately with a little licorice and smoke

good, but not as good as imperial biscotti break

walk,on,by

« Reply #7210 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:36 am »

Trying, them all.

that's a ridiculous line-up.  note sure i could survive full pours of all of those... someone is going to have a headache in the morning.  but it will have been worth it ;D

Not full pours. I think they were 3.5 little glasses. You got to keep the glasses but I only took 2. I do not like heavy heavy dark beers so Parabola was the one I would rate the least but it did have interesting flavors to it at least.

Yada

« Reply #7211 on: August 02, 2016, 11:08:42 am »

Trying, them all.

YSOA.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7212 on: August 02, 2016, 12:01:22 pm »

Trying, them all.

YSOA.

Yale School of Architecture?
<sig>

radley17

« Reply #7213 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:39 pm »

« Reply #7214 on: August 02, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »
aslin is tapping How Now Brown Cow w/ Coffee & Maple (milk/sweet stout) This Thursday
Barmaid told us this was not to be missed...of course I'm going to miss it :(
slack