Author Topic: Bands you got into "too late"  (Read 5809 times)

Re: Bands you got into "too late"
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2003, 08:50:00 am »
Sorry, guess I didn't really know the date of when they broke up. Guess I really don't pay attention to one of the most overrated bands in history.

QUOTE]  :roll:  [/QB][/QUOTE]

SPARX

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2003, 10:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
 [ [/qb]
I saw Beefheart play with Zappa years and years ago in Baltimore. You know, I almost forgot all about that show. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Wow,i wasn't aware they played together that close to here.What year was that,if you remember?What venue?I'm intrigued!

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2003, 10:22:00 am »
I didn't truly like the Beach Boys until I started liking the Shins and Beulah in the last two years.

Sir HC

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
Originally posted by bags:
  I saw the Replacements on their last tour only; can you imagine how awesome their earlier shows were?  Damn.
After reading "Our band could be your life" it seems that their earlier shows were beyond hit-or-miss more like miss and miss.  They would purposely try to piss off the audience.  I saw them open for Elvis Costello (think that was their final tour) and that was well worth it.  Saw bunches of bands on their final tours, always a bit of a bummer.

sonickteam2

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
this will show you how young i am...Dinosaur Jr.   I didnt really get into them until like 1991, and by then....well, most of the good stuff was over with. only saw them once, and J solo twice.

nonmenthol

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2003, 11:00:00 am »
nirvana, alice in chains

i did get to see the melvins when they came with tomahawk. that was a fucking awesome show

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain are both still dead. Both still burning in hell. Although only one of them left us with some good music.

mankie

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2003, 11:56:00 am »

I never saw the Clash.
     :(    

[/b]
I did!   :p  

Not "life altering" as some board drama-queens say, but definately one of the most memorable concerts I've ever seen. It was during their "White Riot" days, which was just before "London Calling"....I think! (It's been a while)

The pub the police were performing in was about as big as Velvet Lounge, it didn't even have a proper stage.

Bags

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

I never saw the Clash.
      :(    

[/b]
The pub the police were performing in was about as big as Velvet Lounge, it didn't even have a proper stage. [/b]
I'd say you suck, but you didn't even go in!!

SPARX

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2003, 12:24:00 pm »
 [ [/qb]
DAWG!  The Police, I think, are my life favorite.  At their Synchronicity concert in Phillie I cried three times.  I said it was because of MTV's Alan Hunter, but it was really the English blondies. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             I got to see them at a small place called Painters Mill i believe,somewhere near Towson.It was right before their 3rd album   dropped in 1980 and they were great.Then they hit it big and Sting became an ass.It was all downhill from there.

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2003, 02:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by Jaguär:
 [ [/b]
I saw Beefheart play with Zappa years and years ago in Baltimore. You know, I almost forgot all about that show. [/QB]
Wow,i wasn't aware they played together that close to here.What year was that,if you remember?What venue?I'm intrigued! [/QB][/QUOTE]

This was sometime in the mid 70s and it was at what was then called the Civic Center or the Baltimore Arena. I can't keep up with the names of that place. The dump on Howard St. that is more of a sports arena.