Author Topic: New My Bloody Valentine album due out this year!  (Read 3865 times)

azaghal1981

Re: New My Bloody Valentine album due out this year!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 01:08:00 pm »
I have no idea as to where Epstein found a will-call option. I pulled up the 2nd night of Manchester on friday night to make sure I didn't miss it and couldn't find anything.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 03:48:00 pm »
Oh now I see...Ticketmaster had them too? I see a will-call option there and am tempted to grab one for the 29th now.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
Cheapest ticket to/from London that I could find was $817 out of NYC through Air India.

A heads-up on anything cheaper would be much appreciated. Thanks.
احمد

slappy

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
BMI flys out of Dulles for $838. I've flown with them between London and Dublin...decent airline.

Personally, I'd drop the extra $100 or so and fly Virgin Atlantic.

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »
Wonder if it'd be cheaper to fly into Amsterdam and catch a train to Manchester from there.

I know Amsterdam is typically a cheaper ticket from here than London.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
More news:

Legendary alternative act My Bloody Valentine plans to "do a Radiohead" when the Anglo-Irish quartet finally releases the follow-up to 1991's classic "Loveless,"
 Billboard can reveal.

"At the moment, all I can say is that Kevin is getting the band back together and they will go into the studio next month to work on the new record," says
 MBV's London-based manager Vinita Joshi, referring to notoriously reclusive singer/guitarist and bandleader Kevin Shields. "The plan is that they will
 release the album themselves via the Internet, but there will also probably be a vinyl release."

Joshi adds that the band is unlikely to follow Radiohead's pay-what-you-like download model for its new recordings.

In the meantime, demand for the band's 2008 U.K. tour, its first since 1992, has proved strong. The initial three dates sold out after just six minutes
 on Nov. 16, causing four additional shows to be added. The dates, promoted by All Tomorrow's Parties, kick off with three shows at the 2,000-capacity Roundhouse
 in London starting June 20, with all four members of the "Loveless" lineup -- Shields, singer/guitarist Bilinda Butcher, bassist Debbie Googe and drummer
 Colm O'Ciosoig -- involved.

Joshi denied reports that MBV is planning to appear at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, California, in late April. "If the band had been booked
 to play any summer festivals, I'd know about it," Joshi says. "We'll see how the summer shows go first."
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »
Spc-Eco are fantastic..might as well be the new curve

ConversationDiva

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
people who are having trouble sorting out your tickets, if you put in an international address you should just be able to pick them up at the roundhouse the day of. (which by the way is a really nice venue!)
 and the last time i had family come to visit me here they flew iceland air and i think they said it wasnt too expensive!

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
Unfortunately couldn't get roundhouse tickets and had to settle for Apollo.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
This trip just got much more interesting.

Radiohead's europe tour is coinciding with the MBV dates.

I think it'll be possible to hit radiohead in manchester, see the 2 MBV shows then radiohead in amsterdam and fly out of there.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 09:08:00 pm »
My Bloody Valentine has been confirmed for next year's Benicassim Festival in Spain. Guess that makes Coachella look all the more positive.