Author Topic: help me with my christmas shopping...  (Read 5693 times)

Celeste

Re: help me with my christmas shopping...
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2003, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Mind you, if you'd like to come over and be my English teacher...Ms. Celeste   ;)  
How could you let a "doodle" teach an Englishman his own mother tongue? I bet you'd be an incorrigable pupil!

mankie

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2003, 01:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

Originally posted by mankie:
  Mind you, if you'd like to come over and be my English teacher...Ms. Celeste    ;)  
How could you let a "doodle" teach an Englishman his own mother tongue? I bet you'd be an incorrigable pupil! [/b]
Oh  Celeste dear...no interest in the education, just the after school activities!  :eek:

lily1

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2003, 01:27:00 pm »
fair question--there's a reason behind the particular list--its part of a greater list of concerts i've seen with a particular person who hasn't bought a decent cd in years but really enjoyed the shows listed so i thought, what the hell, i'll get a cd or two from each of the shows (there are a few other concerts but i have either copied those cds or he wasn't totally enthralled by them). good idea?

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Are you sure these are the bands that would make the recipients the most happy? Try to find out what gifts would make the recipient the most happy, not just give cd's of bands you like.

I already ended up with a fucking Eric Clapton/BB King collaboration as a gift, and it's not even Xmas yet.

[/b]
[/QB]

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
Well when you explain it that way, I'd have to say yes, very good idea.

Originally posted by lily1:
  fair question--there's a reason behind the particular list--its part of a greater list of concerts i've seen with a particular person who hasn't bought a decent cd in years but really enjoyed the shows listed so i thought, what the hell, i'll get a cd or two from each of the shows (there are a few other concerts but i have either copied those cds or he wasn't totally enthralled by them). good idea?

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Are you sure these are the bands that would make the recipients the most happy? Try to find out what gifts would make the recipient the most happy, not just give cd's of bands you like.

I already ended up with a fucking Eric Clapton/BB King collaboration as a gift, and it's not even Xmas yet.

[/b]
[/b]
[/QB]

Bags

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 03:04:00 pm »
Excellent idea.