Author Topic: BJM @ Mojos  (Read 5365 times)

ggw

Re: BJM @ Mojos
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2003, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:
  Well BJM could not do anything last night seeing how Anton could barely stand.  What a horrible display.  If this was anybody's first exposure to BJM I could understand if they never wanted to hear them again.  So different from the previous 2 times (Baltimore and the Velvet Lounge).

The High Strung were good again, but not as good as they were on Friday night, the vocals were somewhat muddy and the set was shorter for some reason.  Apparently they will be back in Baltimore (at the Mojo) in November.
Makes me feel better about not going last night.

ratioci nation

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2003, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Makes me feel better about not going last night.
He even had his sound cut as he tried to tell the story of why he was bannded from the Black Cat previously and was being a complete asshole to his band who were doing just fine.  Should be glad you missed it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:

The High Strung were good again, but not as good as they were on Friday night, the vocals were somewhat muddy and the set was shorter for some reason.  Apparently they will be back in Baltimore (at the Mojo) in November.
great news... lets hope they get better local bands to play with them this time.  or maybe let that dj spin longer   :D
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
yeah,

last night was the worst performance by a headliner I think I have ever seen. Possibly worse than blur in 1991 (Damon Puked, they did one song twice).

Highlight of the BJM show was the bassist getting hassle from Anton and replying "Apparently vodka is the new water".

At least the high strung were good.

Thanks for playing cool tunes Friday night Kosmo.... I would be interested in hearing you do a proper night without the Lulu schmoozing and running off with the band distractions....

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »
As usual, I have a very different opinion then the rest of the board. I loved the show last night! It was all about playing music and having a chill time. Don't expect a etiquette or guitar lesson on proper playing.

Also, how often do you see two 12-string guitars on stage at the same time?

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2003, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by BlueEyedAndDangerous:
  As usual, I have a very different opinion then the rest of the board. I loved the show last night! It was all about playing music and having a chill time. Don't expect a etiquette or guitar lesson on proper playing.

Also, how often do you see two 12-string guitars on stage at the same time?
well, last friday when they played in Baltimore, and were good, even Anton thought they were awful last night

markie

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2003, 01:29:00 pm »
Antoine could barely stand. How many times did he trip over? You couldnt hear his vocals because he had his out of tune guitar up too high.

The rest of the band were good, they did a fine job under adverse circumstances.

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
It was a Beautiful train wreck

SPARX

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2003, 03:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by BlueEyedAndDangerous:
  It was a Beautiful train wreck
That's the BJM for ya.Some times you get music that makes you wish it would never end,other times you get the above.Sounds like you all who went to the B/more and DC  shows got both.Blue eyed,I didn't even have to be there to know EXACTLY  of which you speak.It's a crap shoot,but when you win,it's glorious.

Jaguär

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2003, 05:41:00 pm »
FYI: Not that this will do any of us any good, but BJM will be supporting Black Rebel Motorcycle Club on their upcoming European tour.

After reading the above, I'm so glad that I didn't bother making the long haul all the way to DC for the Black Cat show. Am even more glad that they played Baltimore! Hope they come back......to Baltimore.

And Kosmo, NO, I'm glad that The Mojo in not smack dab in the middle of DC. Christ, we need something decent in this God forsaken lame ass town. Besides, Sonic, PR-GMR-or whatever, and I are tired of always having to haul our asses almost across the state line to have to find any semblance of decent entertainment.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
i think both bands really enjoyed playing at the mojo and hanging out in the upstairs rec room... one of the bjm guitarists was trying to get some mojo chili to go as i was leaving.
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2003, 06:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i think both bands really enjoyed playing at the mojo and hanging out in the upstairs rec room... one of the bjm guitarists was trying to get some mojo chili to go as i was leaving.
Speaking of BJM guitarists,how did Rick fit in compared to Jeff,or was there even a noticable difference?.At least with Jeff,he could throw barbs back at Anton when he got a little uppity.From what i hear,Rick is suppossed to be really good,but shy.You'd have to have pretty thick skinned  to play with Anton for any extended time period,i would think.

markie

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
I dont know the guitarists.....

But there is no keyboardist right now.... So there are five of them. The guy who stood furthest away from Anton looks a bit like Chris Martin, seemed most likely to be vulnerable to an Anton attack. Although he jumped right to Antons defence when I said Antons guiatar was too loud.

But Anton was mostly harying the bassist and Frankie. Frankie called Anton an asshole a couple of times. One time after Anton elbowed him pretty hard in the back.

The bassist seemed to be funny and big enought to fend Anton off.

SPARX

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2003, 06:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by BLANK:
  I dont know the guitarists.....

But Anton was mostly harying the bassist and Frankie. Frankie called Anton an asshole a couple of times. One time after Anton elbowed him pretty hard in the back.

Some things never change.That man has SO much talent,but if he isn't careful he's gonna run out of people willing to put up with his abuse.Perfectionist is one thing but...