Author Topic: BJM @ Mojos  (Read 5368 times)

SPARX

BJM @ Mojos
« on: October 09, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
Just heard from a friend in b/more that Long Live Death is opening for BJM,anybody know anything about this?Would that be 3 bands then?

markie

Re: BJM @ Mojos
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
I have another question/s, should we get advance tickets? Are there even advanced tickets?

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 02:49:00 pm »
Anybody been or heard of American Visionary Art Museum.They are having Trachenburg Family and Kimya Dawson the same night as BJM in B/more.Was wondering if maybe that would be an early show I could catch before BJM.Any info appreciated!

SPARX

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 02:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Pariah:
  I have another question/s, should we get advance tickets? Are there even advanced tickets?
Good question.Kosmo are you around?If so,could you post the link to Mojo's please.

markie

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
http://www.mojobalto.com/

but it does not help much......

I guess tickets are on the door like velvet lounge.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 03:01:00 pm »
jaquar asked mojo andy about advance tickets on sunday and the only advance tickets available right now are for the crenshaw/dinizio/bopp show in nov... so it's like the velvet or iota.. no worry if all fails i could probably get you in   :D
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Pariah:
  http://www.mojobalto.com/

but it does not help much......

I guess tickets are on the door like velvet lounge.
Wow,it only hold 135 people.guess me going to see TFand KD beforehand is out of the question.Maybe I'll just show up at 4 and start drinking
   :eek:    :eek:    :eek:

SPARX

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  jaquar asked mojo andy about advance tickets on sunday and the only advance tickets available right now are for the crenshaw/dinizio/bopp show in nov... so it's like the velvet or iota.. no worry if all fails i could probably get you in    :D  
Hope it doesn't come to that but I sure would hate to drive that far and not get in.Thanks Kosmo!!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  Just heard from a friend in b/more that Long Live Death is opening for BJM,anybody know anything about this?Would that be 3 bands then?
actually it's four bands... the wire orchestra is playing first.  alex of the wire orchestra is "promoting" the show.  andy says he was that one thats been in contact with and arranged for bjm to play in balwmer.  his website is

http://www.newagehillbilly.com/

but andy confirmed that the high strung are playing
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
do you honestly think more that say 75 people will show up for bjm?  hell only 30 or 40 people came out to see the cynics and less than for the woggles...
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
Thanks Kosmo...... The missus got that day off, so I guess we will hed up a bit earlier than normal.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 03:18:00 pm »
  Anybody been or heard of American Visionary Art Museum.They are having Trachenburg Family and Kimya Dawson the same night as BJM in B/more.Was wondering if maybe that would be an early show I could catch before BJM.Any info appreciated!
the american visionary art museum is a real trip... it showcases art done by untrained artists, similiar to outsider art.  it's interesting reading the blurbs on the artwork because almost all of the artists on display have some type of mental challendge in their life...

http://www.avam.org/
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »

the american visionary art museum is a real trip... it showcases art done by untrained artists, similiar to outsider art.  it's interesting reading the blurbs on the artwork because almost all of the artists on display have some type of mental challendge in their life...

http://www.avam.org/ [/b]
Thanks for the link.Their website says the Trachenburg show starts at 7:30.Any idea what time the High Strung may go on?I may try to hit both shows while I'm down that way.Is Key highway close to Mojo's at all?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 04:25:00 pm »
i would say that the avam is probably 15 minutes away from the mojo... mapquest would give you a more accurate time.  would depend on if there is a backup at the tunnel if you take 95 verses driving through the city.

i seriously doubt the high strung would be on before 10pm more like 11pm... like most small rock and roll clubs things start late on a friday night. my speculation is first band on at 9:30

your friend in long live death would probably know the schedule better
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »

your friend in long live death would probably know the schedule better
No,I don't know anybody in LLD.In fact,I've never even heard of them.A friend told me that LLD was playing that night,which surprised me.