Author Topic: Pearl Jam Rollcall  (Read 17742 times)

serpent boy

Re: Pearl Jam Rollcall
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2008, 02:00:00 am »
Wow! That crowd was unbelievably loud tonight. Of 9 shows, that was the best crowd.

The setlist was great. 31 songs. 5 songs I had never seen before (Hard to Imagine, I'm Open, Who You Are, No More, All Along the Watchtower). The "You" trilogy of "You Are," "U," and "Who You Are" was wonderful. That was easily the best "Rearviewmirror" I've ever seen.

I loved "Hard to Imagine" as an opener. What a beautiful song. "Hail Hail" --> "Do the Evolution" really set the tone for the night.

"Come Back" sounded great. I'm glad they brought it back on this tour.

I'm sure Ted Leo fans enjoyed his set. It just isn't my thing.

EDIT: Why abandon "Evacuation"?! I love that song. I was at the back of the floor; did anyone see who fucked up? Was it Stone?

wml7

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:00 am »
great show better than va beach ted Leo good didnt know they were that hard

Driveway

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2008, 08:51:00 am »
I never realized Pearl Jam was a semi-jam band.  Then again, I haven't heard anything since maybe their third album.  This show was probably better for the hardcore fans.  I wish the Pumpkins would follow the lead and stop doing greatest hits shows all the time.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31:00 am »
from the politico's daily playbook:

CHATTER: At last night's PEARL JAM concert at the Verizon Center, lead singer Eddie Veder made a comment against offshore drilling, prompting some in the expensive seats to begin chanting, 'Drill! Drill!' Lead guitarist Mike McCready ends by playing 'The Star-Spangled Banner,' a la Jimi Hendrix.
 Spotted (but not chanting): Rob and Rebecca NICHOLS, Howard WOLFSON and Katie LEVINSON.
(o|o)

i got id

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2008, 10:34:00 am »
pretty sure Mark Messier was in the stands...

Sage 703

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:00 am »
Personally, I thought they seemed sloppy last night...great set list, and Eddie is always entertaining...but I didn't think they came across as very tight.

eros

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:00 am »
Strong performance as usual.  "Workmanlike" is the term I always use to describe a PJ show.

The crowd was VERY into it.  I loved the pogoing during "Given To Fly".  I did spend the whole show slightly distracted by the baseball-cap-wearing knuckleheads in front of us.  I don't see many guys do the "rock out" sign (with your pinkie, index, and thumb out) with zero irony.

BTW, after we do something about the concert talkers our next mission will be to take on the farters.
ʎɐʍou

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »
great show.  i was expecting eddy to get all political on us, what with it being the last show PJ will play here under the bush presidency... strange that he didn't.  he was definitely chattier in camden.  maybe he's still hung over from those shows   :)  

the band created a Perfect Moment™ during "black".  phenomenal.

a few of my pix
<sig>