Author Topic: Pearl Jam Rollcall  (Read 17744 times)

taperkat

Re: Pearl Jam Rollcall
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2008, 08:37:00 am »
Anyone have any ideas if it'd be safe to take Metro (ie: wouldn't get stranded) or would it be better to drive? I really have no idea.

heather

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2008, 09:18:00 am »
i'm taking metro, and i'm sure there will be a lot of others.  you should be fine.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2008, 11:24:00 am »
solid performance by the band.  had to leave after the first encore, mildly bitter about that.  Dissident, Daughter/War and W.M.A. were the highlights for me.  ten club seats were only so-so - halfway back of the 200's, center.  luckily the venue is relatively small so still had a great view and excellent sound. funny moment: eddy walks out on stage, double-fisting.  says he wants to buy everyone a beer - but the problem is, there is a two-beer limit.  proceeds to hand off the two beers he has in his hands to the front row, asks folks to take a sip and pass it on.  my girlfriend said it was arguably the most adorable thing anyone has every done at a rock concert this side of snow patrol   :(
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »
eddie was making good on his promise from the night before when he found out beer was $12 a pop, blamed you know who for beer costing $100 a barrel...  did mccready buy two non-alcoholic beers, he was suppose to split the cost.

and speaking of drunken males... sam and i witness testosterone gone wrong as two car full of "alpha" males decided to go give an earful to  the driver of another car who got in front of them pulling out of the parking lot... you would have thought someone's girlfriend got oogled or something the way they were carrying on...  the idiotic thing is had they not decided to show  their plumage and strut around they would have all been five minutes closer to home   :roll:
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by serpent boy:
  Sparx,

I won't take offense to your questions even if you came across as a dick.

I didn't fight or push for either the wristband or drumstick. I was front row for the Pearl Jam show thanks to the Ten Club lottery, and it was about 30 rows closer than I'd ever been before (in 7 previous shows). Jeff threw the wristband right to me, and I found it to be very cool since they've been my favorite band since the early 90's. I'll probably store it with my 15 framed Pearl Jam posters and wear it to Pearl Jam shows as dorky as it may seem. It may have been cooler 10 years ago when I was 16, but it still means something to me.

I caught the Iron Maiden drumstick out of luck. I'm taller than many in the crowd, and he threw it right at me. Again, I'll probably just put it in a box and show it to my dad the next time I see him. He raised me on Iron Maiden (one of my all-time favorites as well), so it has a special meaning.

I can't blame you for disputing the Kings of Leon comment. Obviously the Buzzcocks, Sleater-Kinney, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab for Cutie are more well established, and I'm a big fan of S-K and MMJ. I just found the Kings of Leon performance to be better than the others. They rock.
Why thank you, serpent boy. Likewise as far as your initial reply. Had you answered me initially with  above response rather than with a knee jerk defensive reaction, we may have been able to save Sams panties from bunching.It's all good.I'm glad ya got souvenirs from your favorite band without having to maim someone. For the record, it's not the 1st time I've come across as a dick via the written word on a message board. Those on here that know me would probably tell ya I'm not really a dick. Well, most of em. However, my cup of sarcasm sometimes runneth over.

wml7

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2008, 09:53:00 am »
If any of you guys are still looking for single tickets they must have released some today on ticketmaster.  I pulled some good seats from 120 and 121.  Too bad I already got a ticket in 105.  I thought about buying the closer seat in 120 but it will be  a pain in the ass for me to sell my other ticket.  Go get those tickets!!

wml7

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 10:07:00 am »
Had a quick question too.  I have a 105 ticket section Q.  Now is that on the floor because on the map it shows 105 too or is this in the stands???  Anyone know?  Thanks

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 11:24:00 am »
i'm fairly certain that 105/Q is in the stands, not on the floor.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
Great

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
anyone up for a little pre-game?

if the train gods are merciful upon me, i'll be at RFD around 6:30, having a bite and a drink (but just one, really, i swear...)

i'll probably be wearing a blue university of kentucky t-shirt (go wildcats!).  PM me if you need additional info, i can read it on my phone (but include alternate contact info, as replying to PMs is a pain - e-mail is good, as is texting).
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
three of us will be at section 114, row O. Good seats?
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  three of us will be at section 114, row O. Good seats?
you're not going to like the show anyways, so does it really matter where your seats are?  :p
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 12:29:00 am »
Gonna have to say that the DC show was better than Camden 1.  Ted Leo played a more inspired set with loads of new material.

Pearl Jam strung together more up-tempo rockers and downplayed the extended jams in DC.  Eddie had his serious face on for most of the evening... Now when is that secret fan club show at the club again?
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 12:45:00 am »
2008-06-22   Washington    D.C.   Verizon Center   

Set 1   Hard To Imagine, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Evacuation, Corduroy, I'm Open, I Am Mine, I Got Id, Daughter, Light Years, Even Flow, Green Disease, You Are, U, Who You Are, Why Go

Encore 1   Comatose, Sad, Given To Fly, Come Back, Grievance, Black, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2   No More, Last Kiss, Crazy Mary, Alive, All Along The Watchtower, Yellow Ledbetter

31 songs almost 3 hours!
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 01:02:00 am »
Ted Leo was gggggrrrrrrreatttt...

This show was way better than the 06 show. Great to see some Binaural songs on the setlist as well as WHO YOU ARE(!).

Other than that, I did not care for the hits, namely Alive and Even Flow.
(_|_)