Author Topic: Pearl Jam Rollcall  (Read 17743 times)

Aphex

Re: Pearl Jam Rollcall
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
Set looked great last night.  I took an extra ticket for tonight's camden show, but I think last night was the show to be at.  But I guess we will see, right?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »
set is the setlist

2008-06-19   Camden    New Jersey   Susquehanna Bank Center

Set 1   Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, All Night, In Hiding, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Who You Are, Unemployable, Even Flow, Light Years, Grievance, Given To Fly, U, Rats, Why Go

Encore 1   Love Reign O'er Me, Better Man(Save it for Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Leash

Encore 2   No More, Crazy Mary, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »
there is a part of me that wants to go out and buy a bush mask so that vedder can "impale" it on a microphone stand and retire bushleaguer in dc..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »
word over at the PJ message board is that someone arrived at 8:30 and posters were still available... they also give you a wristband so you get the poster after the show is over on your way out...
T.Rex

samsfresh5

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »
If this is not shitting all over someone's experience and laughing at them for what they like, I don't know what is. Alot of people think it's cool to get a pick or a drumstick or some other souvenier from a show from one of your favorite bands. It doesn't mean that you have to put it on an altar and worship it. I really like to go through an old box that I have that has a few of these items now and then.. brings back great memories for me.

Originally posted by SPARX:
  My thoughts are inside the quotes.

"I don't get the allure of this. Do you put them on an altar in worship? Sell them on ebay? Are you still in your teens? They're just veteran musicians not "enter savior of choice."

"This is just laughable to me. Why would anyone want to hear either is beyond me. The latter being worse does not make it any better. Nothin personal Serpent Boy, I'm sure your a fine young man but some of those statememts intrigue me to say the least."

"Mediocre bands are the new hip."  

:p

Vas Deferens

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »
well this setlist looks pretty good...esp. WHO YOU ARE!!

Originally posted by kosmo:
  set is the setlist

2008-06-19   Camden    New Jersey   Susquehanna Bank Center

Set 1   Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, All Night, In Hiding, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Who You Are, Unemployable, Even Flow, Light Years, Grievance, Given To Fly, U, Rats, Why Go

Encore 1   Love Reign O'er Me, Better Man(Save it for Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Leash

Encore 2   No More, Crazy Mary, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter
(_|_)

eros

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »
I'm there on Sunday.  Crossing my fingers to win the Ten Club lottery...
ʎɐʍou

i got id

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  i'd be happy to, but by the sounds of it i won't be there early enough to snag one.
if there are any left when you get in, i'd appreciate it...

SPARX

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by samsfresh5:
  If this is not shitting all over someone's experience and laughing at them for what they like, I don't know what is.

"Agreed, saying Kings of Leon were the best opener ever is laughable, TO ME."

Alot of people think it's cool to get a pick or a drumstick or some other souvenier from a show from one of your favorite bands. It doesn't mean that you have to put it on an altar and worship it. I really like to go through an old box that I have that has a few of these items now and then.. brings back great memories for me.

"I never said you had to worship them, I was asking. Thanks for answering, they end up in an old shoebox. I've seen fingers broken and other tragedy's due to the overzealousness of some fans trying to get a pick or whatever before someone else. Seems silly TO ME. I could get out said shoebox and do the same reminiscing with ticket stubs w/out resorting to diving over and possibly injuring someone for a souvenir."

eros

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2008, 04:26:00 pm »
  word over at the PJ message board is that someone arrived at 8:30 and posters were still available... they also give you a wristband so you get the poster after the show is over on your way out...
Anyone got a shot of said poster?
ʎɐʍou

eros

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:

Anyone got a shot of said poster? [/b]
duh.  Never mind.
ʎɐʍou

samsfresh5

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

"I never said you had to worship them, I was asking. Thanks for answering, they end up in an old shoebox. I've seen fingers broken and other tragedy's due to the overzealousness of some fans trying to get a pick or whatever before someone else. Seems silly TO ME. I could get out said shoebox and do the same reminiscing with ticket stubs w/out resorting to diving over and possibly injuring someone for a souvenir."

[/b]
Well now this, I COMPLETELY agree with.. As a matter of fact, I said to my g/f when Eddie was throwing the tambourines.. "if one of those comes our way, I'm getting out of the way" ..silly to me how people fight over that stuff and I see that all the time.. However, in my case the other night, the sticks were thrown directly in my direction, and I happened to catch one.. didn't dive or knock anyone out of the way, etc...  but that's not what your initial quote was talking about.. (diving/pushing for sticks/picks, etc.)  You said:

"I don't get the allure of this. Do you put them on an altar in worship? Sell them on ebay? Are you still in your teens? They're just veteran musicians not "enter savior of choice."

Which is busting on someone for having/collecting them... and you say "I was just asking"  ..so why didn't you ask if he put them in a box or collected them? ..instead of asking snarky questions like "Are you still in your teens?" ..because the dude is glad he got a stick or a wristband... which imo is shitting on him for being excited about having a souvenier... there's a difference.  

When you go to the RnR HoF in Cleveland.. there's memorabilia everywhere... so having a pick or a drumstick as a piece of history/memorabilia/souvenier = cool  

...diving/pushing/fighting for such memorabilia = not cool.

SPARX

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by samsfresh5:

[/b]
Well now this, I COMPLETELY agree with.. As a matter of fact, I said to my g/f when Eddie was throwing the tambourines.. "if one of those comes our way, I'm getting out of the way" ..silly to me how people fight over that stuff and I see that all the time.. However, in my case the other night, the sticks were thrown directly in my direction, and I happened to catch one.. didn't dive or knock anyone out of the way, etc...  but that's not what your initial quote was talking about.. (diving/pushing for sticks/picks, etc.)  You said:

Which is busting on someone for having/collecting them... and you say "I was just asking"  ..so why didn't you ask if he put them in a box or collected them? ..instead of asking snarky questions like "Are you still in your teens?" ..because the dude is glad he got a stick or a wristband... which imo is shitting on him for being excited about having a souvenier... there's a difference.  

When you go to the RnR HoF in Cleveland.. there's memorabilia everywhere... so having a pick or a drumstick as a piece of history/memorabilia/souvenier = cool  

...diving/pushing/fighting for such memorabilia = not cool. [/b]
That's because I don't get the allure to this. Those "snarky" comments were possible explanations I could think of at the moment. Didn't think of the "putting them in a box" scenario. Seems like that would defeat the whole purpose. To each his own. I'm glad you got a stick and didn't fight over it. You are the exception to the rule. If people want memorabilia,  just purchase it from the band, not participate in a scrum. The band would appreciate it as well. Wouldn't me asking him if he keeps them all in a box be "snarky" also?

Edit: Strike that question. I promised to try to refrain from going further down this road.

serpent boy

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2008, 01:46:00 am »
Any reviews of Camden night 2? Looks like a pretty decent setlist (NAIS is one of my favorites), though I'd prefer night 1. Cool to see a reverse Mamasan trilogy in the second encore.

Set List: Severed Hand, Brain Of J, Animal, Dissident, Low Light, Down, Nothing As It Seems, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain (intro Only),Corduroy, Even Flow, Thin Air, Daughter/War (by Whitfield/Strong), Insignificance, W.M.A., Do The Evolution, Whipping, Better Man, Why Go

Encore 1: Lukin, Comatose, Given To Fly, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: Footsteps, Once, Alive, Baba O'Riley (by Pete Townshend)

serpent boy

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2008, 01:54:00 am »
Sparx,

I won't take offense to your questions even if you came across as a dick.

I didn't fight or push for either the wristband or drumstick. I was front row for the Pearl Jam show thanks to the Ten Club lottery, and it was about 30 rows closer than I'd ever been before (in 7 previous shows). Jeff threw the wristband right to me, and I found it to be very cool since they've been my favorite band since the early 90's. I'll probably store it with my 15 framed Pearl Jam posters and wear it to Pearl Jam shows as dorky as it may seem. It may have been cooler 10 years ago when I was 16, but it still means something to me.

I caught the Iron Maiden drumstick out of luck. I'm taller than many in the crowd, and he threw it right at me. Again, I'll probably just put it in a box and show it to my dad the next time I see him. He raised me on Iron Maiden (one of my all-time favorites as well), so it has a special meaning.

I can't blame you for disputing the Kings of Leon comment. Obviously the Buzzcocks, Sleater-Kinney, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab for Cutie are more well established, and I'm a big fan of S-K and MMJ. I just found the Kings of Leon performance to be better than the others. They rock.