Author Topic: The Night GG Allin Came to Town  (Read 25382 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: The Night GG Allin Came to Town
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 03:08:11 pm »
 ;D  I did enjoy 5 songs or so, esp. Carl Perkins' Cadillac. Shona should never be allowed to sing, though!!! She is HORRIBLE!

that's ok. a certain other boardie who was at DBT (first time seeing them) friday and M. Ward saturday thought that patterson sings all the truckers songs on record, and that cooley was stepping to the plate as a pinch hitter.  ;D
(_|_)

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:47 am »
Apparently we're the only ones "lucky" enough to get the Cooley "solo" show...

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS RESCHEDULE REMAINING TOUR DATES THIS WEEK

The Drive-By Truckers will be rescheduling their remaining tour dates this week. Patterson Hood was forced to sit out of this past weekend's shows due to walking pneumonia and needs some more time to recuperate. The band sends their sincere apologizes. Your original ticket will be valid for the rescheduled shows. Anyone that is unable to make the new date may obtain a refund at the point of purchase.

The following dates are postponed:
Tue Feb 24     Lexington KY     THE DAME   
Wed Feb 25     Milwaukee WI     TURNER HALL     
Thu Feb 26     St. Louis MO     PAGEANT     
Fri Feb 27     Memphis TN     NEW DAISY     
Sat Feb 28     Tuscaloosa, AL     JUPITER BAR & GRILL     

Rescheduled dates:
Thu March 26 Lexington KY THE DAME
Fri March 27 Memphis TN NEW DAISY
SAT March 28 St. Louis MO PAGEANT

We're working on rescheduling Milwaukee and Tuscaloosa and hope to have news on those shows soon.

walkonby

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:40 pm »
conspiracy song theories aside . . . it was a hell of a show, and i'm glad i was there.  i was almost certain i saw azag out front during the bloodkin/dbt break talking to a tall black guy with a scarf.  he was wearing a "contruction company" t shirt i think, with a beard and i think a hat.  i wanted to say hi, but wasn't sure if was him or not.  i felt bad enough staring at the guy for as long as i did.