Author Topic: Record Store Day Question  (Read 34836 times)

hutch

Re: Record Store Day Question
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »
thanks for the headsup.. if I lived in DC i'd swing by but ain't going to make it...

I'm torn on Junta.. I want it but I don't want to pay $50! :) although if I'd seen a copy at my store for $50 I'd have bought it... :)

Listening to this album for the first time in at least 15 years, sounds absolutely pristine. Also, not sure where you live but the Soundgarden in B-more had at LEAST 20 copies this morning.

I picked up a second one.  :o :o :o :o

wow, so you a big vinyl collector?

mbg73

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »
Soundgarden still has a pretty decent selection of RSD releases on their shelves, if anyone's still looking. They had at least 5 copies of the Flaming Lips record this afternoon, and a lot of singles.

K8teebug

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »
They still have the 7", but not the record anymore.

Running impedes my ability to participate in RSD.  I found a copy on ebay though for not a terrible amount.

nkotb

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:09 pm »
FYI for anyone interested in Mclusky Do Dallas, looks like you can buy it on Too Pure's website.  $26 total, rather than the $40 plus you see on eBay:

http://www.toopure.com/

And the Flaming Lips site has the Mastodon split.  Looks like they were selling Heady Fwends too, but it's sold out.  I remember the same thing happening with Heady Nuggets last year, so you might want to keep you eyes peeled.

atomicfront

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2012, 05:41:13 pm »
Drove by the sound garden in fells point around 8am - longest line ever, so turned around and went home. Saw a pic taken at 5:30am and looked like there were already 20-30 people in line.  Crazy

I got there around 11 AM and the line was ridicously long.  So went to lunch and figured the line would die down.  Went back at 12:15 still huge line.  Took a walk around town came back at 1:10 still huge line.  So decided to go home.  When we were going back to car a couple of guys were telling parking lot attendant that they waited in line for 2 hours.  2 Hours???  I mean really what was there that you would wait two hours in line for?  A beach house single?  Come on.  Ridiculous. 

It makes me not want to stop in a record store ever again and just buy stuff in Amazon.  Sound Garden has all their vinyl in a little room.  I would say they failed at record store day.

hutch

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
Drove by the sound garden in fells point around 8am - longest line ever, so turned around and went home. Saw a pic taken at 5:30am and looked like there were already 20-30 people in line.  Crazy

I got there around 11 AM and the line was ridicously long.  So went to lunch and figured the line would die down.  Went back at 12:15 still huge line.  Took a walk around town came back at 1:10 still huge line.  So decided to go home.  When we were going back to car a couple of guys were telling parking lot attendant that they waited in line for 2 hours.  2 Hours???  I mean really what was there that you would wait two hours in line for?  A beach house single?  Come on.  Ridiculous. 

It makes me not want to stop in a record store ever again and just buy stuff in Amazon.  Sound Garden has all their vinyl in a little room.  I would say they failed at record store day.

I agree. but some people insist RSD is a huge success... maybe it is but i don't like it much

my story went to store..guy opened late...found two items i wanted..the two luna records... decided to get black keys record.. cost would have been $101 except they made a mistake and charged me $96 which I only realized later

i could have bought same items (probalby still can) at JRs website for $77 with free shipping!

i'm sorry, i support my record stores big time... but come on.

nkotb

« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »
And if you're looking for that Animal Collective release: http://www.dominorecordco.us/usa/singles/24-04-12/transverse-temporal-gyrus

hutch

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »

got email that red onion is closing
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:51:26 pm by hutch »