Author Topic: Van Halen Sucks  (Read 42039 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda

vansmack

Re: Van Halen Sucks
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:16 pm »
Flipper is one of the most weirdly life affirming bands ever. No wonder Krist Novoselic joined them for a while.

I have a great OG issue Flipper t-shirt.  Pisses off the Nirvana faithful who don't get it.
27>34

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 02:39:11 pm »
Love Flipper. Never saw them, unfortunately.

atomicfront

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »
Love Flipper. Never saw them, unfortunately.

change that to fortunately.

Unsanity

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2013, 04:33:45 am »
Van Halen's first album is great. For better or worse it probably kick started the glam metal movement. The rest of their stuff is pretty lackluster to terrible in comparison. My two cents.

Relaxer

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:41 am »
I think the glam metal movement arose more from the early 80s guys being fans of Bowie, Sweet, T Rex, NY Dolls. If anything, I've argued fitfully that EVH's technique gave birth to speed metal, which morphed into death metal, which morphed into all the various metal genres that there are today. And there's a lot of them!
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2013, 10:47:19 am »
I think the glam metal movement arose more from the early 80s guys being fans of Bowie, Sweet, T Rex, NY Dolls. If anything, I've argued fitfully that EVH's technique gave birth to speed metal, which morphed into death metal, which morphed into all the various metal genres that there are today. And there's a lot of them!
I can agree with this, never looked at EVH that way, but it makes sense.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who plays/loves the guitar doesn't love, or at least appreciate Eddie Van Halen. He's a fucking god.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:57 am »

Yeah that is why the glam metal was awesome and the speed metal sucked balls.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

I find it hard to believe that anyone who plays/loves the guitar doesn't love, or at least appreciate Eddie Van Halen. He's a fucking god.

He was (is) a very good guitar player but not even close to the top tier elite status.  He added nothoign new to the genre.
FUKIT

TheREALHunter

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »

He was (is) a very good guitar player but not even close to the top tier elite status.  He added nothoign new to the genre.

He absolutely added something new to the genre, I know it's fun to make ridiculous claims and attempt to pass them off as truth to get a reaction but c'mon HAHA

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »

He absolutely added something new to the genre, I know it's fun to make ridiculous claims and attempt to pass them off as truth to get a reaction but c'mon HAHA

Acting like a poser and a total douche bag on stage does not count. :)
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:21 pm »

I will not respond.. I will not respond.. I will not.. I will NOT.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 03:59:23 pm »

I will not respond.. I will not respond.. I will not.. I will NOT.

Thank god
FUKIT

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

Wait, he ACTED LIKE a poser? So, he was legitimate? Does acting like a douchebag mean shredding the guitar and being high as a kite on cocaine and pussy juice?
‼‼?‼‼

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 01:24:33 am »

You're way off on your years by almost 10 years or so. Maybe more.