Author Topic: Van Halen Sucks  (Read 42033 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Van Halen Sucks
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
why the hate for hagar.  his sounds are like lovemaking, sweet and smooth.  and he makes a drink to get you drunk to.  right here, right now . . . oh yeah.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »
Can we agreed that most of the bands on that list suck and to move on to stuff that doesn't suck?

Personally right now my favs are Dry The River, The Bombay Royale and The Imagineers to name a couple.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »
Can we agreed that most of the bands on that list suck and to move on to stuff that doesn't suck?

Personally right now my favs are Dry The River, The Bombay Royale and The Imagineers to name a couple.

Journey doesn't suck.  Anyway the worst band I have ever seen is Mouthus.  Well and Flipper. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »
Kosmo what do you think of The Secret Machines?
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:23 pm »
Kosmo what do you think of The Secret Machines?

I'm a fan, even got to DJ before them a couple times.  Had the drummer come flying into the DJ booth because he heard a track he really liked by Cardinal. 
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
Flipper is one of the most weirdly life affirming bands ever. No wonder Krist Novoselic joined them for a while.
😐 🎶

James Ford

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »
Like he's had any kind of life for the last 20 years.

Flipper is one of the most weirdly life affirming bands ever. No wonder Krist Novoselic joined them for a while.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
I realize that I'm trying to get this forum on a more positive vibe, but I had a UK band called "Four Dead In Ohio" follow me on twitter.  They have been blocked...  What the hell is that all about,  I suspect they'll never tour the US with a name like that.
T.Rex

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »
I realize that I'm trying to get this forum on a more positive vibe, but I had a UK band called "Four Dead In Ohio" follow me on twitter.  They have been blocked...  What the hell is that all about,  I suspect they'll never tour the US with a name like that.

That is a powerful name.  I am curious as to what type of music they play.  I may have to go do some research on that.  On a tagently related topic, the first concert i ever saw was CSNY at Foreman field in Norfolk, VA in the early/mid 70s.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2013, 11:24:28 pm »
FUKIT

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:40 pm »
Not bad.

Great band name.

slappy

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 01:58:19 am »

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:02:31 am by slappy »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 10:23:54 am »
^^^^^^^^^
the funnel cake had me loling
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:50 am »

when i saw them at the old 930 club they started playing a song stopped after 10 seconds tuned their guitars... they started playing for 10 seconds again and stopped playing and tuned their guitars again.  After 30 minutes of this the crowd started shouting "6 bucks, 6 bucks" which was the price of admission.   Worst band ever.  Pathetically bad. I wasn't suprised to find out a member of the band died from heroin overdose a year or two later.  I would find it hard to imagine a band being worse.  Even a group of untrained 6 year olds would have done better.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
Top Ten Bands in Hell (IOW Worst Bands Ever) In No Particular Order

U2
Rush
Boston
Journey
Metallica
VanHagar
Dave Matthews
Kansas
Nickleback
Creed

Have fun!

(this is in addition to the absolute all time #1 GnR)

You forgot to add the Red Hot Chli Shits to that list.

In my opinion, Anthony Kedis is the very worst excuse for a singer in the world! Even with all of the best studios and engineers the world has to offer, they can't hide his lack of talent. Unlike Dylan, Waits, Jagger and many others, he doesn't even have the style to compensate. He just sucks and sucks big time! Not a reflection on the rest of the band but, damn!, couldn't they kick that no-talent bastard out for someone who can at least carry a note for a bar or so to front their band? Pathetic! 

*U2 I only dislike rather than think they out and out suck but Bono alone causes me to tend to discount anything else the band does. Oh, and Bono has really lost his voice over the years. Another one who can't be hidden by the studios any longer. Talk about painful screeching!