Author Topic: Bob Mould's thread o' positivity  (Read 5566 times)

bryronic

Re: Bob Mould's thread o' positivity
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2005, 01:24:00 pm »
praise and kudos to the hometown crowd. everyone was as gracious in person as on line.
 i must admit i was afraid the "hometown" factor might overpower a usual bob experience, but it only served to enhance my fun. what total joy every minute was for me.
 although, i hope none of the cameras captured me as i could not stop myself from dancing and sadly, have absolutely no rythm.  :roll:  
 i've had this silly grin on my face for days now.
 bob is awesome, as were all of you. thanks.

Bags

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2005, 10:02:00 am »
What a great show....I've seen Bob on all his tours (though not multiple cities for each -- I'm really just a poseur!), and this was a great show, harking back to the early 90s.  With the added spice of Husker songs and the change for D.C. that it's now his hometown show.

It was almost weird to see a happy, smiling Bob, but I'll certainly take it.  And while I certainly would have enjoyed the aftershow festivities, I happily headed over to the Marx Cafe for "I Fought the Big One" and lots of post-punk beauty...

dlcjr1775

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2005, 02:45:00 am »
Husker songs were the highlight of my night, even though I got into Bob during the "Copper Blue" period. He looked like a little kid!!! Rocking out to the old songs with the electric for the first time in decades, even I got excited, and I never show emotion at shows. One quick question ,bearman, were you in that group at stage left (stage left is left of the performer, not the audience, for those who don't know), because ya'll were the rockingest group of folks in the whole show! I felt privledged just to be rocking out next to you guys, especially during 'Man on the Moon'. Peace, "D.J."

bearman🐻

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2005, 10:02:00 am »
I know all of those guys at stage left, but I actually really was enjoying Jason's bass at stage right. I was right up against the barricade, rocking out like a madman. It was so damn fun, the best time I've had at a show in ages. I think the next show I get to see is Social Distortion, woo-hoo!

Bags

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
Bob Mould on the DC show (from modulate.blogspot.com)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005
 Coffee Town USA

The homecoming show. The best show of the tour (to date). I don't think it will be topped. I felt a lot of love coming at me all night, from friends and acquaintances, from people I'd never met before. The entire day and night went without a hitch. The show was recorded, both audio and video, for an eventual release. In what format or form, I'm not certain. I want to spend some time with the footage, and with the hours of video shot along the rehearsals and tour. Brendan tells me everything looks and sounds amazing. I know the show was amazing - the best time I've had in a long long time. Everything was perfect.

The weekend was a rainy one. DC had not seen rain for 36 days, so it was welcome. The intersections were flooded, people were soaking wet, but it was nice to be home. I caught up on sleep, admired my new front and back yards, did some gardening and lawn work. Laundry, cooking, all the fun stuff! Got back to the gym a few times, and was awful sore. Combine that with eating normally for 3 days, and 5 pounds disappeared. The human body is a truly wondrous and malleable thing.

bearman🐻

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
A few excellent words Bob posted on his blog's latest entry: "I miss my band already."

Let's hope that he'll do another tour with them again!