Author Topic: The Beasties Fiasco: Questions  (Read 4419 times)

mankie

Re: The Beasties Fiasco: Questions
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 03:37:00 pm »
Nice one smackie.....I never bitched, but then again I never went....coincidence?  :D  

How many Americans does it take to change a light bulb?

51....1 to change the bulb, 10 to complain, 10 to write a complaint, 10 to return the blown bulb and 20 to file suit.

nkotb

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2004, 03:41:00 pm »
Honestly, does this old dog have any new tricks?

Originally posted by Bollocks:

51....1 to change the bulb, 10 to complain, 10 to write a complaint, 10 to return the blown bulb and 20 to file suit.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2004, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
  are you on your period or are you always this bitchy & structured   :eek:   ? Hail Hilter Hail Hilter
I see school's out for summer.

eltee

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 04:29:00 pm »
I told a friend, no matter what anyone did to accommodate everyone, they would complain. Just the way this town is. You guys got free pizza and got to watch break-dancing. ;)  (btw, where is flawd?) Concert-going, travel scheduling and Mother Nature is not an exact science. I'm sure the guys were complaining at the airport as you all were for their arrival. I still figure they will be back around here for another show soon. (Oh, I did bitch about the banner, but I would complain about it yesterday or today.)

Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by TheTaylor:
  I fear this thread just derailed. . .
Here, I can save it.
 They bitched that the band was late.

They bitched because the band made poor travel plans. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 04:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  Honestly, does this old dog have any new tricks?

[/b]
Not since I actually caught my tail...ouch!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 10:22:00 pm »
I went.  Got tickets at the presale.  Drove up from Richmond.  Sttod in line for a long time. Got rained on.  Showed my ID.  Was searched (well if you want to call it that).  Got inside.  Sat at the upstairs bar stools.  Drank cokes and ate pizza.  Saw a show.  Hung out at the back bar.  Drove home.  Oh yeah I saw a show and had a good time.

The guys at the club had their shit together.  They wanted to minimize the scalpers thing (among other things) and it appears they did it for the most part.  I would have liked to have seen a longer show, and it maybe the whole thing did take a lot more effort than the show I saw, but it was good and I had a blast.

See y'all the next time I venture up 95.

RB
FUKIT

MaLo

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 11:35:00 pm »
there was free pizza???

shit...i shouldn't have left in search of cheaper beers

actually, i don't care if i missed the free pizza...if there were free beer i'd be mad

but all in all, i thought everything at the club was run in a fair and efficient manner...it sucked that the band was late, but whatever, gives you a good story to tell..i had a good time

samanthaalison

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2004, 12:02:00 am »
http://www.junkiesradio.com/studiophotos.shtml

first two pictures. I know those guys.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 09:54:00 am »
most bands would've bailed as soon as their flight was cancelled - and these guys went and got on a train

I was very impressed

Jaguär

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »

Originally posted by poultrynow:
  I second that sentiment about an earlier flight.  I thought the 1-hour set was tight and we had a great time, but after waiting 5+ hours the word on the street outside the club (that I heard) was that the show was a major letdown.  Maybe if they had gone on at 8:30 and played an hour, fine, but after having us wait so long, at least put on a reasonable show.  Anyone with an eye towards weather knew that we were in for some nasty thunderstorms yesterday.  That said, I wish I had put my dollars to Neko Case instead this week.
If you weren't blown away by 40 mins of BB you must be an idiot...they are one of the most influential bands that have ever recorded, and nothing short of creative genius's. They only release fun party songs as singles just to keep their talents a secret from the masses, and only the chosen few get to hear the real work of these masters of sampling. Shame on you for expressing anything less than god-like worship about this trio. [/b]
Bollocks.....you ROOL!!!!!   :D

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  It's cuz you guys all smell like pee.

Originally posted by mark e smith:

Thheeeeyyyy'rrrreeee Gggrrreeaaatt!!!!!
Yeah, the  American ones agree to meet you somewhere and never show     :mad:    [/b]
[/b]
You know, this is funny; at least, to me. Oddly enough, after drinking my 3rd cup of English tea today I couldn't help but wonder if, in general, the average Englishman has to pee more often than the average American. What with all the beer and tea they drink! Those two beverages always make me pee more than many other liquids. Is this why they are always taking the piss out of each other? Or why they call a drinking bout a pisser?

webjedi

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 09:18:00 pm »
Oh, for those folks who actually got the album too... some more wood for this particular fire:

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/06/20/0034203.shtml?tid=141&tid=158&tid=185&tid=188&tid=190&tid=201&tid=99

Sneaky ass copy protection!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 10:05:00 pm »
I've heard that it's actually all EMI discs.  I've also heard that it's only non-US copies.

I have no idea if either of those are true.

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2004, 09:23:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

Thheeeeyyyy'rrrreeee Gggrrreeaaatt!!!!!
Yeah, the  American ones agree to meet you somewhere and never show   ;)