Author Topic: U2 3D  (Read 5684 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: U2 3D
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 11:57:00 am »
when i first saw it last week, the crowd in the theater was really quiet.  last night, between songs people were cheering, clapping, whistling... acting like they were at a concert.  fun.

bono did seem to be phoning it in a little on some of the older songs.  can't blame him, singing "sunday bloody sunday" for 25 years has got to get old.
<sig>

edbert

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »
Apparently Bono was here last week and is in DC a lot for his lobbying office down at 14th&I called DATA, "Debt AIDS Trade Africa".  I wonder if Bono laughed at The Onion headline about the other U2 guys saying they don't care about that stuff... I know I did

Mobius

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »
Also, the older material is appropriate for an exhibition at the Natural History museum.

lily1

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 01:32:00 am »
went tonight at the smithsonian. sold out. as were the other 2 showings tonight.

got there an hour ahead of time to be first 20 folks in and score the recommended dead center, 2/3 up seats. mission successful!

FANFECKINTASTIC. seriously. wow. "miss sarajevo" was stunning. loved "the fly". though as much as the boys were following similiar set lists for that entire tour (i saw them 5 times in 2005), i was surprised "bullet the blue sky" was performed in argentina. its such a us centric song (though widely performed in europe...), seemed out of place.

mr lily turned to me at end of show and said "if we come back tommorow, how much do you think they'll mix up the set list?" ie, its that good. music, shots selected, all the stage stuff you got to see. wow. even if you're not a u2 fan, you'll be impressioned just from the filming angle.

checking schedule to go at least 2 more times.

Giles

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
I generally liked it - saw the REAL-D presentation over at Gallery Place - but I thought the setlist wasn't all that - kind of got bored 3/4 of the way in.