Author Topic: Best album of the nineties  (Read 23395 times)

Joseph Coram

Re: Best album of the nineties
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2003, 02:00:00 am »
hah. youre right, i'd forgotten.

jadetree

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2003, 02:02:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B> <BR>What?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no, you have to SEE it

poorlulu

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2003, 02:03:00 am »
goddamn Radiohead....BOO!<p>[This message has been edited by poorlulu (edited 02-18-2003).]

jadetree

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2003, 02:03:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>Ok indeed, jadetree. I claimed to like Kid A, not radiohead as a whole, though i really like ok computer and amnesiac too.  I like how such a small-time forum can get so antagonistic. sorry for any part i played, but i like the music. besides the topic is the best album of the nineties, and ill admit thats not kid a. take your pick of a yo la tengo album and thats the answer to the question.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Autumn Sweater is a great song, but there is no way Yo La Tengo had the best album of the 90s, but of course you are welcome to your opinion<BR>

markie

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2003, 02:05:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>oh, heres what i was getting at with the oasis comment markie. if any of that style over substance crap you brought up has any validity towards radiohead, its exponentialized by oasis.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh OK. I dont agree at all though. Oasis have meaty hooks a plenty and an excellent turn of phrase. It may be starting to look increasingly unoriginal, but there is plenty of substance. Say Campbells Tomato soup.<P>Radiohead has turned into a dire prog rock band with noise and no tunes,<P>this is nouvelle cuisine. Really rather unsatisfying to me.

jadetree

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2003, 02:05:00 am »
you two need to get your act together

Joseph Coram

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2003, 02:06:00 am »
what a powerful diss.  shame you already tried it.

jadetree

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2003, 02:09:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>what a powerful diss.  shame you already tried it.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Joseph Coram

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2003, 02:09:00 am »
eh i think we're all on the same page. it really depends on what you are looking for in music. i like oasis when i want good solid cookie-cutter rock.  that doesnt mean its bad, just formulaic. i like radiohead when i want original artistic music. i like yo la tengo when i want the absolute best music ever written. try to find "i can hear the heart beating as one," i think from what ive heard of your taste you would appreciate it.

chills

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIOLENTMOODSWINGS:<BR><B><BR>WUMPSCUTT  RIED BLOOD OF GEMORIAH<BR>WUMPSCUTT: EVIL YOUNG FLESH</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hmmm, i kinda liked Embryodead better than those two.  where is that on your list?