Author Topic: Best album of the nineties  (Read 23396 times)

jadetree

Re: Best album of the nineties
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> yep. thats right. probably why you like it soooo much.<P>Still it normally has melodies and hooks that constitute songs. More than can be said for kidder.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Kid A has plenty of melodies and hooks, they are just not laid out for you the same way that makes a band like Oasis so boring these days.  You don't get all of it on first listen with a band like... say... Coldplay.  I am hardly the most rabid Brit-pop fan on the board. <p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 02-17-2003).]

markie

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2003, 12:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>   I am obviously the most rabid Brit-pop fan on the board. <P>[This message has been edited by someone with Prince Charles hair (edited 02-17-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Does it really have melody? I didnt find it. It was more of a foray into noise and pretentiosness for me. Then again I like my pop.<P>As for oasis, I rather like heathen chemistry. Although I agree they have become rather boring by not progressing beyond the early beatles songbook.<P>Still they have some great hooks though.<BR>

Joseph Coram

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2003, 01:26:00 am »
markie, pal, the fact that you don't like kid a doesn't make me pathetic. it make's you blind.  i might even take under consideration something you had to say about radiohead if you hadn't pulled that little stunt, and if you didn't attempt to accuse radiohead of something the gallagher brothers have perfected.  nice try, but next time just don't try.

walkman

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2003, 01:32:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>it make's you blind.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>His problem isn't with the cover art.  You might, however, diagnose deafness.<P>

markie

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2003, 01:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>markie, pal, the fact that you don't like kid a doesn't make me pathetic. it make's you blind.</B> <P>do you mean deaf?<P><B> i might even take under consideration something you had to say about radiohead if you hadn't pulled that little stunt, and if you didn't attempt to accuse radiohead of something the gallagher brothers have perfected.  nice try, but next time just don't try.</B><P>can you convert this to a language I understand? Then I will try and defend whatever I may or may not have said earlier. As it is I have no idea what you are talking about, or trying to get at.

jadetree

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2003, 01:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> Does it really have melody? I didnt find it. It was more of a foray into noise and pretentiosness for me. Then again I like Tony Blair.<P>Still the Tories are great as well.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with Joseph Coram, you dont like Kid A because you are blind, you have to see the melody.

markie

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2003, 01:41:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR> I agree with Joseph Coram, you dont like Kid A because you are blind, you have to <B>see</B> the melody.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hear?<P>Oh and BTW,<P>Right is right.

Joseph Coram

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2003, 01:48:00 am »
man guys. you are really tearing me to shreds arent you?  prying apart my grammar is a really effective way of proving your point.  By the way, no, i didnt mean deaf, and i didnt mean literally blind. im sure you knew that as you are clever enough to point out the undeniable incoherence in my last post (due largely to me being very tired).  i can see i am out of my league with you brit-poppers.

markie

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2003, 01:51:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>prying apart my grammar is a really effective way of proving your point.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am sorry, but I really didnt understand your point about oasis in your last post. What were you getting at?

jadetree

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2003, 01:51:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Coram:<BR><B>man guys. you are really tearing me to shreds arent you?  prying apart my grammar is a really effective way of proving your point.  By the way, no, i didnt mean deaf, and i didnt mean literally blind. im sure you knew that as you are clever enough to point out the undeniable incoherence in my last post (due largely to me being very tired).  i can see i am out of my league with you brit-poppers.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A Radiohead fan using brit-poppers as an insult?  Ok.<BR>

jadetree

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2003, 01:52:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> hear?<P>Oh and BTW,<P>Right is right.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No. Here.

Joseph Coram

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2003, 01:57:00 am »
Ok indeed, jadetree. I claimed to like Kid A, not radiohead as a whole, though i really like ok computer and amnesiac too.  I like how such a small-time forum can get so antagonistic. sorry for any part i played, but i like the music. besides the topic is the best album of the nineties, and ill admit thats not kid a. take your pick of a yo la tengo album and thats the answer to the question.

Joseph Coram

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2003, 01:59:00 am »
oh, heres what i was getting at with the oasis comment markie. if any of that style over substance crap you brought up has any validity towards radiohead, its exponentialized by oasis.

jadetree

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2003, 01:59:00 am »
Who here wants to guess what year Kid A came out?  I would suggest not a year in the nineties.

poorlulu

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2003, 01:59:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I cant hear any melody in here?   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>What?<BR>