Author Topic: Quick feedback on band promotion  (Read 6924 times)

Bags

Re: Quick feedback on band promotion
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
Thanks everyone -- good suggestions all, not only for my friend who wants to promote this band, but for me to keep up with the scene!!

;)

mankie

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2003, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Embarrassed Laura:

Although, mind you, it's the Georgetown University newspaper. There's a dearth of hipsters. Or, in fact, anyone who cares about music. That's a lie. There are about 4 of us who care.
Try printing it in farsi and I bet you'd bet a lot more readers from that school.
   ;)

Sir HC

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »
  I write music/concert/website (don't ask) reviews for a college newspaper. I could give you the address for the newspaper office if you want.

Although, mind you, it's the Georgetown University newspaper. There's a dearth of hipsters. Or, in fact, anyone who cares about music. That's a lie. There are about 4 of us who care.
Georgetown has done some cool concerts in the past, they used to do shows at the bar on campus (the basement?), maybe they still do shows, I have no clue.

Saw the Sugarcubes there years back, and Stone Roses almost played there.

Jaguär

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2003, 04:11:00 pm »
Georgetown use to have the absolute best ever radio station in the world! It was just too good and got kicked off the air. When it came back up, the frequency was substantially dropped, but who cares because it sucks now. (Sorry if I offended anyone.)

thenotebookgirl

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2003, 07:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

I write music/concert/website (don't ask) reviews for a college newspaper. I could give you the address for the newspaper office if you want.

Georgetown has done some cool concerts in the past, they used to do shows at the bar on campus (the basement?), maybe they still do shows, I have no clue.

Saw the Sugarcubes there years back, and Stone Roses almost played there. [/b]
Nah. The last concert they had was Homecoming featuring Train, Vertical Horizon and Sister Hazel. Winning combination. I think I went to see Hot Hot Heat instead.