Author Topic: Radiohead / SM & Jicks  (Read 8731 times)

Jaguär

Re: Radiohead / SM & Jicks
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2003, 08:01:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by Jaguär:

Sonic, don't you think DC is full of whiners?     :D  

Took me a minute but then I got it.

At least it won't be boxed or have a screw top.

I take that back, plenty of screws on top.   :eek:   Loose ones!

bearman🐻

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2003, 10:52:00 am »
LOL...I don't know what it is about Radiohead, but they really encourage people like me to whine and moan.  I'll bet Thatguy would love to personally pummel each of our skinny (well not in my case), vegetarian (also not in my case), pale (blame it on the rain) asses into the ground, and with good reason.  I freely admit that I've done my share of complaining around here.  But I also think that it's a good place to voice an opinion or thought (isn't that what this is for?), especially in the case of ticket scalpers snapping up all the good seats before any of the fans and then selling them for 6 times the original price and putting them up for sale BEFORE the crappy seats even go on sale on Ticketbastard.  For that, I feel like a complaint is justified, not matter who the band is.  It's just an unfortunate situation but that being said I'm happy with my extremely far right loge seats because at least I'm going to be there.  I'm sure it will be a great (early) show.    :)

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2003, 06:26:00 pm »
So last night I finally received a video of the Radiohead MTV2 $2 concert in NYC. Did anyone else see it?  Mind tinglingly, heart racing good.  Idioteque has always been my favorite live song mainly because Thom just goes nuts. And this was the best version of it that I've seen. The new stuff sounds so excellent as well. Stellar show -made me very excited for August!

bearman🐻

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
Radiohead has been in full and heavy rotation for me for a couple of weeks now.  I'm seeing them at Merriweather and in Chicago...and I cannot wait. I'm excited by the prospect of them playing 2 completely different sets...hopefully in one of them I'll get to hear "Like Spinning Plates", "Karma Police", "Just", "Street Spirit", "True Love Waits", and maybe "How to Disappear Completely".  I have to say I appreciate them more now than I did a couple of years ago.  This will probably be the concert event of the summer.