Author Topic: WSC at the Black Cat  (Read 7301 times)

xcanuck

Re: WSC at the Black Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 08:58:00 am »
Well, as it turns out, I didn't mind Army of Me and was somewhat disappointed by WSC. I have yet to hear any new stuff that really grabs me. The crowd size dwindled as the set went on - perhaps they were Army of Me fans who didn't want to stay....or perhaps they were people like me who weren't really digging the new stuff.

Anyone else? What did you think of the WSC set?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 09:24:00 am »
I thought WSC were fine, although I thought the set was a little short.  Given time, I think the new stuff will eventually gel.  Didn't notice the crowd dwindling (I was up front), but I'm not surprised.  That happens when the openers pull a decent crowd themselves.  I don't think it really reflects badly on anything.

I liked Army of Me.  Apparently, so do a lot of other people.  They sure had a sizeable crowd there to see them.  

I finally got to see Exit Clov and was duly impressed.  Definitely a unique sound.  Looking forward to seeing them again.

There was a huge turnout for this show.  Glad to see such support for an all-DC bill.

Bags

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
While I had only a marginal time at the Spoon show, I'm kind of glad that I'm giving WSC a rest.  I've seen them so many times, it may be worth holding off and checking them out when they've gotten tighter with new material.  Of course, if they show up at Fort Reno, that's a must...