Author Topic: Vfest Sales  (Read 4757 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Vfest Sales
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

Originally posted by DriveWay:
  I'm not sure I want to pay $100 to see Foo Fighters do a greatest hits set.
oh i bet they'll play more than 3 songs! [/b]
This must be sarcasm, right?

Foo Fighters have had a string of hits all of which have received considerable airplay...

Big Me
  Monkey Wrench
  Learn To Fly
  My Hero
  Everlong
  Times Like These
  Low
  The Pretender
  Breakout
  Best of You
 No Way Back
   Walking After You
  Long Road To Ruin [/b]
i thought Bush song those songs.

killsaly

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 01:59:00 am »
Originally posted by serpent boy:

Haha, Jack Johnson. [/b][/QUOTE]He has a few catchy songs.  I wouldnt watch him if someone better was playing, which could easily happen. He is good sit down and relax for a bit music.  
 And Underworld doesnt need Darren.  Though my favorite all time concert dvd, the Everything, Everything one, had them kicking much ass as a trio.  The last cd they put out only had one great song, and a couple mediocre ones.  I hope they do a greatest hits only set.

Driveway

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 07:37:00 am »
Does this mean they will extend Born Slippy for a full 2 hours?  Sounds good to meeee!

wml7

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:00 am »
Originally posted by serpent boy:

Originally posted by wml7:
  There won't be no more big name annoucements.  This dud is it.
Every major festival (Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lolla, ACL) has had additions. I agree that there won't be any more "big name" announcements, but maybe we'll luck out and get a solid rock band or two.

Last year, they added Panic at the Disco, Explosions in the Sky, Dan Deacon, and Girl Talk - and the latter three were solid. This year's lineup is lacking rock bands, so maybe we'll get The Gutter Twins or something. [/b]
As quoted by Seth, these will be the hot new additions to the lineup.

Live
 Violent Femmes
 Better Than Ezra
 Mighty Mighty Bosstones
 Good Charlotte
 Everclear
 Harvey Danger

and...of course...

Jimmie's Chicken Shack

So don't expect anything else more spectacular then that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by hutch:
 Cat Power I saw live in Buenos Aires and she is a disgrace.. she spent the entire show having a freak out and giggling to herself... she's dead to me... it was beyond embarassing and i didn't feel as bad for myself as for the others in attendance you had forked over their cash in the midst of an economic depression to see this embarassment..
chan had straightened up (and sobered up).  she's no longer that pathetic shell of a woman.  even her wiki pagesays so, so it must be true.

hands in your pockets practioners of the stephen malkmus/pavement ist rad disinterested semi-detached look just don't work at these big shows..
:D   oh, and i think they're fully detached.
<sig>

SPARX

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:

its like when i saw nick cave in 94 at 1 pm in the heat at lollapalloza at charleston racetrack in west virginia..it was a disaster  
are you crazy? nick cave spasmodically writhing on the stage in in the mid-day sun in front of 30,000 or so puzzled onlookers was a great moment! [/b]
Seeing Front 242 in the mid day sun was a little odd as well. As much fun as I did have, I could've done w/out the horse stench. After that year, I went to Star Lake outside of Pittsburgh for Lollapalooza's remaining initial run.

Raccoon State Park is real close by  and their facilities are sweet. By they way, they don't call it Raccoon State Park for nothing. Keep your food tucked away or those critters will be all over the camp. No hassles from the man though as long as you keep it to a dull roar. Sites are scattered nicely.