Author Topic: Vfest Sales  (Read 4758 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Vfest Sales
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »
How well is Vfest doing as far as ticket sales?

Just curious, because the latest email says that buying two Vfest tix at 9:30 or Merriweather box offices will get you a free 9:30/Merriweather ticket, which seems to me like a possible desperate plea.

Got Haggis?

Re: Vfest Sales
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »
most people i know (and went last year) aren't interested at all this year....and if they are, only on sunday.

Arthwys

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
Anyone gotten the ticket in the mail yet?  I bought mine online during that whole 9:30 club postsale thing, but haven't seen my ticket yet.
Emrys

Jesse

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
i recall similar deals last year for festival tickets. wasn't there a buy 10 get 1 free deal or something like that last year?

I haven't purchased my ticket yet, but i plan on buying mine on the day of.

Driveway

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
Last two years were definitely better line ups.  I'm not saying that this year's isn't as good, but there were more bands that I was excited about last year.  Chuck Berry is pretty sweet.  I'm not sure I want to pay $100 to see Foo Fighters do a greatest hits set.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by DriveWay:
  I'm not sure I want to pay $100 to see Foo Fighters do a greatest hits set.
oh i bet they'll play more than 3 songs!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »
Haha, I remember the buy 10 get one free "deal."

I laughed when I saw that email last year

lancha

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »
the lineup is awesome if you're a fan of EDM, you'll find me in the dance tent all day.

Cali

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »
i didnt go last year, but went in 06 and will go this year. there are quite a few people on the lineup that i want to see.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by lancha:
  the lineup is awesome if you're a fan of EDM, you'll find me in the dance tent all day.
except you might want to skip Moby... I didn't catch all of his set in Detroit at DEMF recently, but several reports indicated it was pretty lousy.  Not only did he mix several CDs with levels into the red, he spun "James Brown Is Dead" and jumped up on the DJ table several times with his arms stretched above his head.  I'm guessin' he's going to go over big a V-Fest   :roll:  

Didn't see Hawtin at that fest as the tent he was packed to rafters by the time I got over there.  And then there is his cube...

Reports are Deadmau5 killed, I didn't stick around to check him out.

I'd really like to see Underworld but even air conditioned that tent is probably going to be unbearable.
T.Rex

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »
I'm going on Sunday, mainly to see the Stooges. Also planning on riling up Kanye with some more festival hatin'. Might be kinda satisfying just to egg him on. Also there's a monster act named Lil Wayne wayyy down in the line-up, not that I'm familiar with his music.  Is this the same guy who just sold over a million copies of his new album in one week ?? Guess I'll have to check out what the fuss is all about.  And that's what will make it a good festival.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by gaaaaaaaaah:

Just curious, because the latest email says that buying two Vfest tix at 9:30 or Merriweather box offices will get you a free 9:30/Merriweather ticket, which seems to me like a possible desperate plea.
that's funny

the point was actually to promote 930 & Merriweather

you almost had it right, although I wouldn't call those places exactly desperate

serpent boy

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »
Hah, I've been wondering about how the sales are, but I had a feeling Seth wouldn't answer. I'm sure the sales will be just fine; the lineup appeals to the mainstream casual fans who just want to drink beer, listen to The Offspring play "Pretty Fly" and the Foo Fighters play the hits, and see what crazy antics Kanye pulls.

I'm 50-50 on whether I'll go.

EDM looks great - as previously mentioned - even if Pendulum got dropped (big loss!), and I'm really excited about seeing Cat Power, Bloc Party, and BRMC.

But there's so much crap this year and definitely not enough rock. If V-Mo-Fest adds a Kings of Leon or someone who can rock, I'm there.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

Originally posted by gaaaaaaaaah:

that's funny

the point was actually to promote 930 & Merriweather

you almost had it right, although I wouldn't call those places exactly desperate [/b]
Good point.

However, I was genuinely curious about Vfest's sales.  I actually quite like the lineup, however I have insufficient funds to be attending.

How about if I buy a ticket to a 9:30/Merriweather show, I get a free ticket to Vfest?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 07:47:00 am »
How about you buy a ticket to V Fest and I promise you you'll have a great time and think it was way worth it