Author Topic: Reunion Tours -- Good or Bad?  (Read 11535 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Reunion Tours -- Good or Bad?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  I second that.Bauhaus was easily the best reunion tour i have ever witnessed.And i would've paid just to see the crowd at that one.It really brought em out of the woodwork.
heh... it was funny that the 9:30 club was noticeably darker that night owing to all the light being absorbed by all the black-wearing goths in attendance.
_\|/_

sonickteam2

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Pageantry?  Were they prancing around in powdered wigs and buckled shoes?
i do that.

Sir HC

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:

Originally posted by SPARX:
  I second that.Bauhaus was easily the best reunion tour i have ever witnessed.And i would've paid just to see the crowd at that one.It really brought em out of the woodwork.
heh... it was funny that the 9:30 club was noticeably darker that night owing to all the light being absorbed by all the black-wearing goths in attendance. [/b]
True, I was impressed they all still fit their goth duds.  I was scared of bumping into anyone and getting lots of white foundation make-up all over me.  Great show though.

tooms

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 05:23:00 pm »
I think reunion shows can be fun if they're not overdone and they don't continue to tour without putting out something new.  

I saw the Pistols too and they were great, despite the irony in the Pistols doing such a tour.

I saw the Who on their reunion tour in 1989, and wasn't expecting much since Pete was playing acoustic guitar and couldn't hear, and the band hasd extra musicians.  i was afraid it would be a Vegas lounge act.  But it totally rocked. They played for about four hours (including a break) and played 40 songs (we counted).  Now, i also saw them last year after Entwistle died and is was still really good (and Pete was playing electric guitar this time) but it seemed odd that they had nothing new to play.

I would definitley go see Led Zeppelin if they reformed, esp. with someone like Dave Grohl drumming

Bags

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by tooms:
  I think reunion shows can be fun if they're not overdone and they don't continue to tour without putting out something new.
Are you sure about that?  As fun as the Styx/REO Speedwagon/Journey show was, all the new stuff each band played SUCKED.  Some bands should stick to their hits.

Originally posted by tooms:
 I would definitley go see Led Zeppelin if they reformed, esp. with someone like Dave Grohl drumming
SHIT yeah!!  Oh man, now you've got me all hot and bothered about a Zep/Grohl show.  Somebody hose me down!
   ;)

SalParadise

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2003, 05:34:00 pm »
the smiths.

very good.

Sir HC

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2003, 09:47:00 am »
On priciple I would not see Led Zepplin if John Paul Jones is not on tour with them.  He is the bomb.  Without him on mellotron and bass you don't have the band.  Was pissed that they played without him a bit back as Led Zep.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 09:43:43 pm »
not sure where to put this news, so i dug up this old thread: Review: Spandau Ballet turn the clock back 20 years to the 80s for comeback concert

On priciple I would not see Led Zepplin if John Paul Jones is not on tour with them.  He is the bomb.  Without him on mellotron and bass you don't have the band.  Was pissed that they played without him a bit back as Led Zep.

how timely!
<sig>

thirsty moore

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:48 pm »
Anybody go to Bob Mould?

ggw

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 11:29:46 pm »

thirsty moore

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 11:49:42 pm »

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 09:40:23 am »
not sure where to put this news, so i dug up this old thread: Review: Spandau Ballet turn the clock back 20 years to the 80s for comeback concert

OMG OMG OMG HEY SETHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Also, Magazine needs to play the US. They've been doing reunion shows all over the UK all year.)

And the big reunion that needs to happen is Talk Talk. F'real.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:42:02 am by ixkpd-bk »
Woof.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 02:18:14 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 09:22:56 am »
Bump