Author Topic: CKY  (Read 30047 times)

Shadrach

Re: CKY
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2003, 05:18:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lax01:<BR><B>...I really hope that some of you guys show up to the show because you meet some people that are going to kick you asses.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly who's asses are you going to kick? The asses of the people who don't like CKY and would never dream of showing up to watch them?

ggw

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2003, 10:27:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lax01:<BR><B>wow you guys are all very ignorant....you all obviously know nothing about cky...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Deja Vu is a classic album, but I've always preferred Neil Young's solo stuff.

Barcelona

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lax01:<BR><B>wow you guys are all very ignorant....you all obviously know nothing about cky...so instead of making assumptions, why don't you go research it...I really hope that some of you guys show up to the show because you meet some people that are going to kick you asses. <P>And: CKY is headlining their own tour. THEY ARE NOT OPENING FOR ANYBODY. They were opening for GnR but since that got cancelled they are now doing their own tour. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You are right we are very ignorant, why don't you go to another board where you can share intellectual thoughts about CKY with more intelligent people? Wait, no, please stay here and treat us as ignorants, this will be fun.

mruoCKY

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2003, 02:32:00 pm »
Someone Please close this thread, I was the original thread starter...and this has gone way too far.  I just asked a simple question, and thank you Shadrach. Thanks for helping/backing me up. So this thread needs to be closed.<p>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-16-2003).]

Henry Dark

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »
CKY=Camp Kill Yourself<P>Now I understand why they shortened the name.

ggw

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2003, 02:46:00 pm »
Anyone notice that these guys have totally ripped-off the Ozzy font.   Man, I don't think you want to fuck with the Prince of Darkness like that.<P><BR> <BR>

mruoCKY

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
yes, they call it the ozzy logo...and I'm pretty sure they got permission. Plus thats not their one and only logo.<p>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-16-2003).]

Skaboss

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2003, 03:13:00 pm »
How are you sure they got permission? Did you ask them? Why would they need permossion? Did Ozzy trademark that font?<P>Ozzy(tm)<BR>

mruoCKY

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »
Do you like jumping down people's throats? God damn, I mean IF ozzy had the TM for it, they would of been forced to get permission from his label, or Island. (cky's label) ok man? just chill.<BR>[Sorry for the wrong spelling]<p>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-16-2003).]

Skaboss

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2003, 03:32:00 pm »
see, this is fun.<BR>don't take everything so seriously.<BR>and no, I don't like to jump down throats. I'm a nice boy.

ggw

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2003, 03:42:00 pm »
"lable" ?<P>Does that mean a French record company?

Dandy01

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2003, 03:47:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>"lable" ?<P>Does that mean a French record company?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that doesn't mean rien in French.

paige

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2003, 04:12:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skaboss:<BR><B>see, this is fun.<BR>don't take everything so seriously.<BR>and no, I don't like to jump down throats. I'm a nice boy.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>you also like to wear pants.

Sir HC

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2003, 12:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mruoCKY:<BR><B>yes, they call it the ozzy logo...and I'm pretty sure they got permission. Plus thats not their one and only logo.<P>[This message has been edited by mruoCKY (edited 01-16-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Getting permission from Ozzy?  Not sure this is do-able.  Look at it this way, they re-made the first two Ozzy solo albums to take off the original bassist and drummer for royalty reasons!  They charge 50-70 thousand to get an opening slot on the Ozz-fest tour.  These don't sound like people who would give out permission, they sound like people who would charge a butt-load to use the font.

Shadrach

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2003, 04:56:00 am »
If you look closly CKY has changed the font just enough to make it fool your eye into thinking it's the same as Ozzy's, while staying out of legal trouble.